Druid Torghast Anima Powers
The following powers are good and all specs can use them to some effectiveness-
Circlet of Weeds, Steelwood Slab, Moon-Spirit Essence, String of Fangs and Talons, Lycara’s Twig, Grasping Tendrils, Writings of Lycara, Lycara’s Bargain, Sylvatican Charm
Bottle of Moonshine- Enemies affected by Moonfire deal 20% less damage.
Draught of Midnight Blazes- While Moonfire is on at least 3 targets, your damage and healing are increased by 50%.
Orbit Breaker- Every 20th Moonfire tick calls down a Full Moon upon its target.
The Moonfire powers are great with the only downside being the accessibility of Moonfire for Feral(cat). Adding the Lunar Inspiration talent as an anima power would help. Haven’t run the tower as Feral, so not sure if that’s already an option.
Sylvatican Charm should apply Ironbark on Frenzy Regeneration ticks.
The following powers could use some tweaks-
- Blood-Tinged Teeth- Growl increases the target’s damage taken by 30% for 8 sec.
I wish this debuff would last a little longer, otherwise you only get the debuff for 2 or so attacks. GCD from shifting in and out is rather annoying and usually other anima options are more attractive for non-Guardian specs.
- Plague-Hardened Hide- Ironfur lasts 50% longer and persists outside of Bear Form.
Really cool talent but not very useful for non-Guardian specs. Ironfur costs a lot of rage and also lasts for a very short time. Increasing the duration by 50% is not worth the GCD to shift, build the rage and then use it. I suppose if you stack enough of these it’ll be useful but there are usually better options.
- Oath of Druids- You permanently have the benefits of Heart of the Wild.
- Affinity Stones- You have all of the Affinity passive bonuses, and their effects are increased by 100%.
The above anima powers are “ok”. The bigger issue here are the affinities themselves. As feral, the balance affinity isn’t very helpful and vice versa. Resto seems to benefit the most from these powers as the other specs are too specialized in their roles. Resto using balance affinity is also very clunky. It doesn’t feel good to use GCDs to shift into moonkin form to cast starsurge/starfire when caster form can access moonfire, sunfire and wrath already. Eclipse adding another layer of ramp to get damage going feels awful.
Love the name on the Affinity Stones anima power.
Annoying to use and weak, why do I keep getting this power?
- Curious Bramblepatch- Entangling Roots deals (50% of Spell power) Nature damage every 2 sec.
- Petrus Ring- Entangling Roots can withstand 300% more damage before breaking.
- Rootwood Scarab- When Entangling Roots breaks, it explodes for (150% of Spell power) Nature damage to all nearby enemies.
At first glance these powers seem really cool but even with a couple of the bramblepatch powers stacked, roots just wasn’t doing enough damage for me to want to continue to cast it. Keep in mind that Entangling Roots is not an instant cast spell and the damage threshhold is super low (when you multiply 0 by 300%…it is still 0). The powers also don’t apply to the roots from Mass Entangle.
There is a way to cheese things by rooting a target and waiting a couple of minutes for it to die slowly without entering combat. The drain is slow though and sometimes does not out dps monster hp regen.
Suggestion here is to allow Mass Entangle to apply these effects and considerably buff them. For a blue-quality talent, Petrus Ring is very underwhelming and the value of these talents diminishes as the number of people in your party increases.
The following anima powers are seemingly bugged or have weird behavior-
- Mighty Bash anima doesn’t work with Mass Entangle. The spell is completely removed from the spellbook and /casting Mighty Bash casts Mass Entangle.
- Sylvatican Charm- healing others sometimes puts ironbark on the druid rather than on the target
- Balance affinity and Resto affinity don’t play nice together when both are taken
- Heart of the Wild doesn’t know which affinity to choose when the Druid has more than 1 affinity
PLAIN AWESOME, AMAZING POWERS-
This anima power deserves a whole section of its own. Hands down the most fun I have ever had playing a Druid. Shapeshifting felt awesome. Lycara’s Sash you are the best <3