I love torghast but there are a few bullet points i want to make:
- The tower can become way too easy if you start from floor 0 and go up from there, you just gain too many powers, to the point things start to just melt at floor levels 14+.
- Some floors are extremely big, coupled with the previous point you can have a very boring experience floor after floor.
- Trap floors are amazing, more of them please, trap floors with enemies together is an amazing combat experience.
- After you go to floor 40+ going back to them from floor 0 can become extremely boring, specially when you are a god of war due to all the anima powers and gigantic floors previously pointed, i think either anima powers that ascend you 5 levels or stairs that skip floors (give the player a option at some floor levels for the player to go to the next floor or just ascend 10 more levels) would make it less of a drag.
- there are just too many anima powers given on each floor, around floor 10 you already have more than the 30 powers, and some of them are rly boring like +5% haste/crit/mastery/versatility, reducing the number of anima powers given but only giving the class/wacky/fun ones would be better and also reduce the power growth of players to the point torghast stops being challenging.
- Maybe do some mechanics existing on rogue-lites like biding of isac etc… you have a limited number of anima powers and need to ditch one or other, this would allow the character to choose anima builds instead of making an all encompassing build with all powers and all abilities.
Bugs involving anima powers There are demonology anima powers that allow you to summon extra tyrants and extra dogs, but the problem is that internally the game has a hard cap of 5 demons of such, so if you have 4 anima powers that allow to summon extra tyrants, you can’t summon dogs because they will force despawn 2 tyrants, and if you have 7 powers that remove the cooldown of dogs, you can only have 5 of them (3 casts) even if in theory you could summon 6,8 or 10 dreadstalkers (dogs).