Feedback to Blue post "Aoe Changes in Shadowlands"

Your moving your goal posts.

It wasn’t just Shadow, but I am not going out of my way to go back and research it.

You made an absolute statement, I proved that statement wrong.

I am happy with this change.

Let’s hope it works out. Id love to be able to hop on any spec and pull top dps if I’m geared enough for it.

All I’m saying is that usually there are clear winners in every xpac and they never get balance perfect.

(Or the elemental sham - what you’re posting on). Or any number of specs, when played well. And do you know what enables those massive pulls? Group skill. Go try it with your 2 button idea and see how you go.

Because lower skill ceilings is exactly what we need in an already easy game right?

Speaking for myself I didnt play any of those specs and I loved reaping and so did all my friends, then when season 2 ended we all stopped playing

Yeah, thats what this is, lower skill ceiling. Not at all an attempt to bring parity to classes in more situations. Specs like spriests are just bad players. /wink

Was uncapped TD “skillful” too?

Did you guys like it the first week, when it was actually challenging to cc/ interrupt? Or you guys loved it when it was braindead aoe fest?

Except Spriest was amazing dps in m+ until the recent nerf? You don’t even know what you’re talking about. Not like you’d know at lvl100 I guess.

you know they went back on that in this expansion, right? it’s no longer an active philosophy that you can quote.

Spriest was amazing dps in keys in legoin/ bfa? Compared to what? Outlaw? Mage?

I get it. It will be hard to be an average dh now. Scary times.

Go and look up tier list videos for m+ in 8.2 and 8.2.5 among others. Spriest was more than fine, even without basically any utility compared to a lot of specs. The reason for its strong rating? Raw, beastmode damage.

Next.

So… less utility than rogue, mage, dh and less dmg too?

LOL. Can’t wait to hear you tell us all how great warlocks are.

If this is the path that’s desired, please don’t implement it flat out as a target cap. Cap the damage pool similar to recent trinkets that have a budget for damage and split it among the targets in range. So everyone can still hit 8 targets, the damage is just split. You can still tune the damage so the budget for the split scales with the number of targets. Warlocks / Mages / whoever can have the budget higher for 6-8 targets max and the “cleave” abilities have the budget cap at 5 targets. Cleave abilities will still do 5/8 of the damage compared to “aoe” abilities, but it will feel far more consistent.

This idea just seems like a horror show for aggro / consistency. Do you want adds that a misdirecting hunter barrages to kill the healer if the tank can’t cut them off and there’s more than the barrage target cap? If that’s desired, then it is what it is, but this change probably won’t fix the situation it’s attempting to based on human nature for party optimization.

1 Like

Bring the player and not the class has probably contributed to the most issues with the game in terms of how people play and community stuff, I’m personally glad that they’re moving away from that, because it was never feasible anyway, with the way players have trained themselves to min/max.

If a given class/spec has an even marginal DPS improvement over others, it’s flocked to and picked up by PuGs over others. The only way to actually feasibly make ‘bringing the player’ a thing would be to make all the classes exactly the same in very single way.

I feel they’ll relax or play around with the numbers for a while, and I’d also like to see what the content looks like, it could very well be that we won’t see large packs of mobs to be facerolled down.

Not to mention certain affixes. They said in the blue post they wanted big pulls to still be possible but with more effort required. During bolster or sanguine this will create major issues in trying to kill more than 5 targets at the same time.

They will never be able to balance class/sped representation.

If they could they would of done it years ago.

Thats one of the reasons BFA will go down in the history books as one of the worst expansions and why the peak in subs was during WOTLK since the developers at that time embraced that quote

Like 6 abilities were changed lol.

Did you actually read the changes or assume every aoe in the game is now 5 target capped?

Reaping was so fun.

None of the Seasonal affixes has been hard to deal with but Ghuun was super annoying.

Also, I think M+ was more fun in Legion because the dungeons were a lot more interesting.

I would compare Blackrook to Tol Dagor and everything about Blackrook was more fun.

1 Like

Legion and reaping were easy.

Not saying that’s a main reason, but legion mythic+ was way easier than BFA and reaping was by far the easiest affix.

I mean, yes? Legion key scaling was different. Even when the max loot was from a 15, the scaling between tiers made it roughly equivalent to a 10 from the previous tier.

Just saying easier things tend to be more popular.

Wrath dungeons vs TBC or Cata for example.