I don’t play much evoker but pretty sure Devestation spec uses red and blue spells. And only has ONE black spell. Curious to see how it all functions. I love the idea of flying to so damage but as with fel rush DH can you do it and not die?

Just make the last talent have another NPC evoker (like with bombardment) come in and cast deep breath, that way we get the benefit without having to “lose” our character during the time.

I’m a little disappointed with the Bombardment change.

Its almost doubled in damage which is great but now we lose effectiveness from the breath CDR a bit. Also lose some of the fun factor of just having more dragon bois doing drive bys.

One thing I was looking forward to with Aug was double bombardment and rewind into double bombardment and extending 4 bombardments, even if impractical is just fun and goofy. But now that seems impossible

1 Like

Yes Dev has only deep breath but Bombardment is a black spell effect. So i think the goal of dev scalecommander is to keep bombardment as long as possible and properly time you next mass disintegrate.
Its a bit different gameplay than original dev where you would cast your 2 emp spells together. Now you must alternate with disintegrate

Excited to try out scalecommander. Do wish they would make our flame spells that are affected by hero tree to looks cooler. Looking at you: chronowarden.

Love love love the dragon flying over to bombard.

I’m going to be really sad is Scale commander isn’t good enough to play. I really wanted Mass disintegrate. It looks so cool.

If I can’t play that I’ll just stick to shadow priest. I have zero interest in the other specs or hero talents unfortunately :slightly_frowning_face:

I mean unless you’re pushing very high end content you won’t need to make meta decisions on hero talents.

If you enjoy SC’s playstyle it will be more than fine for most content.

As a meta slave I totally get it and always min/max what I’m doing, but that’s not really a necessity/interest for most.

2 Likes

I still think they shoulda given us something else as a final talent intead of higher dmg gimmick deep breath.
The whole idea of Scalecommander, even in their recent bluepost is for them to be some sort of General commanding others. Yet apart from bombardment we dont feel anything of this idea.

Either, like I’ve suggested before, make it so an NPC dragon casts deep breath now (minimum effort solution) or give us something completely different.

1 Like

i dont understand how the hero spec is called scalecommander and yet we command nothing and nobody while having to weave in deep breaths clunky a$$ in our rotation

Have you … Played the spec at all?

Bombardments fit the commander theme just fine, and deep breath isn’t clunky at all with the improvements to it.

Its less clunky but it’s definitely got some clunk still. It’s just not a very smooth part of the gameplay imo.

I plan on running imminent destruction instead of onyx legacy just so i don’t have to do it as much.

Yeah I don’t push CE, but it still bothers me that if I choose the talents I like, I’m just choosing to be a bigger burden to my group. Even if it’s by a small margin.

It’s one of those things that just sticks in my head lol

People perform better on what’s fun, especially at non-CE levels. You could very well be a bigger burden by playing a spec you aren’t into maximizing because you don’t enjoy it as much.

3 Likes

Based take.

You should’ve seen the toxic commens I got when I decided to use incanter’s flow instead of rune of power on my mage. But you know what? I got the best parses I’ve ever had doing that. Absolutely loved mage back then.

having to use it during dragonrage is clunky af. now if deep breath sent out a minion like bombardment to do deep breath so i could keep doing my rotation without having to stop and wait like i do currently it wouldnt be as clunky while also adding to the theme. bombard barely feels like im commanding anyone to do anything

If it weren’t for the cap on animosity I’d agree, but that change makes it relatively irrelevant.

even if animosity cap didnt exist it still feels clunky to have to spend that time doing a deep breath when i should be commanding a minion to do it while im blasting away. i like the hero tree i just feel like it would be more to the theme if it was bombardment and deep breath that i was commanding minions to attack with while also fixing the problem of deep breath.

You mean like when DKs send in the frost wyrm? I’d be down for that.

like that but it would still be controllable. that way like with frost wyrm you can launch it and still attack

Its a shame I couldnt think of having an NPC do the breath sooner / Didnt see it suggested anywhere before.

Gonna use the rest of the beta to send it daily as a feedback suggestion, fingers crossed.