It feels like Blizzard has created a new level 60 progression that is here to stay as a replacement to increasing levels when releasing a new expansion.

I think it would make a lot more sense for Renown to be used in 10.0 as opposed to increasing the level cap to 70 AND adding on top of that some kind of a new progression system for max level players. Since leveling itself won’t take more than 7 hours, why even bother adding it for expansions after SL.

I think Renown would a be good base progression system for max level on top of which other new systems can be based and tied to, similar to the build-your-own talent tree conduit system. Very “next-gen” like innovative systems IMO. Really hope these two systems can stay in some shape or form beyond SL and for leveling to never increase beyond 60 ever again.

Now if they could just redo the leveling experience of previous expansions to include max level zone stories and end game bosses in a condensed, solo friendly version, similar to the new starting experience, that would be awesome!

And While at it, might as well create a solo queue for old expansion raids for all but mythic difficulty so players don’t have to travel to the entrance, it would make farming them for xmog, mounts and pet collection much more convenient, a much needed QOL feature imo.

For new players who just started playing at the release of 10.0, they can be offered the choice to level up from 1 to 60 in 10.0 so both old and new players can play together.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I would call it Paragon levels. The level cap will be 50. Then going into SL, it would be SL Paragon levels 1-10. Then when 10.0 drops, it would be 10.0 Paragon levels 1-10.

The idea for doing it this way is to prevent another major stat/level squish. At the start of every Xpac, gear from the previous Xpac is scaled down to level 50 I-Levels as soon as we step into the starting experience for the new Xpac or at it’s pre-patch.

This way, the I-Level for gear for the current Xpac will always be at the same I-Level as the previous Xpac. And our characters will always be Level 50. Followed by the X-pac’s paragon level.

I have no idea what Renown is - I am guessing this is something another game has.

No thanks to this.

Why the heck do people want to keep them spending more and more time and resources on old content. That has an effect on how much content we get endgame and I believe is resulting in crappy expansions that have way too much grinding to keep us busy.

Renown is artifact level but for your Covenant.

No.

That will subtract story, depth and nuance.

If it ain’t broke, stop trying to fix it.

If you are too lazy to play the game, don’t play it.

Oh, and this is a MMORPG as in multiplayer so no on that basis too.

1 Like

Renown is the new SL max level progression.

The way I see it is a version of “New Game Plus” that a lot of console RPG’s have. Though saying it’s “innovative” is wrong because the concept has been around since the 90’s.

Game+ mode imo should be the new soft reset target and not player level.

The thing is we need to know what’s the weekly cap, I assume we would be able to get full soulbinds by the start of the raid which means maybe get 40 renown levels on just 3-4 weeks?

Renown is a copy pasta of artifact knowledge and rep rolled into one.

Systemlands is looking a lot like a lesser version of legion as each day passes on by. :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Renown has nothing to do with artifact or reputations . It’s similar to the legion PVP progression system.

I don’t know about you all, but I think it’s a great idea to not squish levels after SL.

Great idea. Leveling beyond 60 just complicates things and renders previous content irrelevant.

Would be nice to always start new players on the previous expansion and have them go from 1 to 60 in it. The latest expansion should not be XP based, but Renown based progression only.

This way, alts already at 60 can keep their level and focus on Renown progression. This would also help with farming older raids on alts via a solo queue for ALL previous expansion raids conveniently located somewhere on the UI.

I really hope blizzard makes this happen! Great ideas!

I would love for this to happen!

I think this is a great idea if implemented properly.

It’s in the Shadowlands Beta. Something you are in.

More helpful people already explained what it was but since my interest in this expansion is rapidly hitting 0 I have already forgotten.

1 Like

Why exactly? This is a surprise because you seem fairly active in discussions about this expansion.