Uh that is not at all how oracle works. It is not just flat stats and its crazy to even say that. 2/3 of these premonitions have a way to minmax them that will lead to more healing, which is insight and piety. Solace is fairly straight forward. With clairvoyance its even more minmax because you have all 3 so now you minmax both piety and insight at the same time.

the halos give stats too!? sweet jesus!

lmao man, you really think insight and piety just give you ‘stats’? what are the stats they give? Piety increases your healing % and causes your overhealing to be redistributed, which is actually huge. You overheal on whoever is full hp and you can top the group if you do this correctly, can even use DP on yourself if you are full hp and that will contribute. Radiance will heal all 5 in m+, if 3 people are taking dmg but 2 are full hp that overhealing will heal them a ton for example. You can also combine this with Ultimate penitence for massive healing too.

Insight has multiple ways it can be used to contribute to atonement, ie shadowfiend>mind blast>prem of insight>dark reprimand x4 just for one example.

Premonition could be so simple.

Like, it could just be a buff you place on yourself.

2 minute cooldown.

Upon activation you do 15% less healing and damage for 20 seconds, and that 15% is stored inside a ward you place on yourself.

You can then press Premonition again within 2 minutes to release this amplified super beam of healing and damage out of your chest. And the longer you hold onto the ward/buff, the more amplified and powerful the spell becomes.

The spell release would have a telegraphed reticle, similar to presvoker or balance druid, and when pressed you would sprout wings like the angels in Diablo, and then have the beam burst forward from your chest into this massive ray of God’s fury – just massively burst healing allies in its path (and giving them a brief period of small damage reduction) and devastatingly damaging enemies caught in its wake (and causing them to take more damage from you, and only you, for the next X seconds).

It’s simple. It doesn’t need micromanaging. And it still allows for smart plays, because you would need to think about when you could afford to do 15% less healing/damage for a period of time.

The payoff would be this cool looking and cool feeling spell that fits the theme of premonition.

You were calculating on needing more damage/healing in the future, and when the time came you shot an instant blast of pure light out of your soul and into the faces of your friends and enemies.

I personally don’t like this idea. Doesn’t feel Oracle to me at all. Definitely more Archon.

But it’s also just cloudburst/stasis and those are frustrating forms of healing cooldowns because they only shine in extremely specific circumstances. You need to do a ton of healing to enable them AND THEN you need to have something to heal again 10-30 seconds later. If it’s only one event of healing it’s useless.

I WOULD think a idea similar to this would be awesome though. Stasis was almost what I had hoped for but not quite.

In daoc warlocks had these really slow casting spells they could precast into “chambers” and would sit in a rune floating around their head. Which could be instantly cast later.

The Oracle runes fit this perfectly and we could pre-store casts at any time and have them ready.

Stasis doesn’t do this well because it’s a cooldown but also because the spells are stored for 30s and you have to use it or lose it which defeats the whole point of the mechanism.

Oracle and bronze evoker healing obviously have a lot of overlap thematically anyway so I think it’d be fine

Premonition doesnt need to be simple, voidweaver is already simple. What you said would make premonition worse lol. It actually has fantastic gameplay right now and is not really the issue behind disc doing poorly, that is mostly atonement healing and ST healing feeling quite weak in pve for disc.

Oracle has good gameplay overall and no I would not want any of these changes. The micromanaging aspect is pretty rewarding, I like how it cycles between all 3 with the last cycle getting you all 3 at the same time. I like how it works. And also it is already buff you place on yourself, both insight and piety are used on you to enhance your healing (or dmg with insight if you choose). They didnt even make it require a mouseover for solace, your ST heals apply it. Its enjoyable overall, disc just needs some buffs in pve for penance and atonement i think.

edit 2: actually there is 1 thing I would ask for with Oracle. The duration of the buffs are a bit short, insight for example lasts 15 seconds. In pvp a lot of that time can get eaten up by an interrupt and/or cc. I’d like it to ideally last 20-30 seconds instead, somewhere around there.

1 Like

Just gonna say, I did about six or so random BGs as Holy with Oracle over the past few days, and it felt supremely effective. Firing off 4 POMs as you charge into battle helps prep for a lot of damage. Popping Piety before using Divine Hymn (with Hymn being buffed by the PVP talent) is great for recovering a group. The massive single-target shield is a solid lifesaver when you or an ally is being focused.

Granted, it was just random BGs - not super competitive content by any means. But it felt powerful and effective.

healing% isn’t a stat? damn that’s wild.

Uh no it is very different from an actual stat like crit, vers, haste, mastery. Nobody refers to a specific healing increase as just a stat increase because it can vary and contributes differently. On top of that, it does more than just increase your healing because it spreads 98% of overhealing which can be min maxed and played around but of course you didnt acknowledge that.

Yep that’s actually a pretty insane combo Holy Priests have going with Oracle… You have an Oracle trait that increases your single target heals on yourself by 30%… So you cast Guardian Spirit on yourself + Premonition of Piety and proceed to spam yourself with single target heals and that all gets redirected to the party or whoever is hurt for massive AOE healing.

Yeah that is one way to do it for holy. For disc there’s also radiance x2 if 1-2 people are full hp but other 3-4 are getting slammed, and then there’s ultimate penitence too if you take that. Ultimate penitence is insane with piety, it’ll full heal 4 people if you have atonement on the tank or whoever is full hp, plus all the atonement healing it will do itself. There’s a lot we can do with piety as disc too. I imagine holys mastery+probably sanctify can also blast during piety.

Sucks ultimate penitence can still get you killed though, would love to see them just allow you to literally fly/move while channeling it, that would be insanely fun and avoid turning it into an immunity in pve.

1 Like

Here’s my thoughts – We haven’t had a Blue Post for Priests since Feb 7th and nearly no meaningful class tuning since Beta.

6 Likes

in situations that i think would get my killed, what i normally end up doing, is shielding myself before i activate Ultimate, and if i feel its not enough security, I pop Pain suppression on top of that and im still VEEERRY Healthy Double Shielding and a DR you should be alive still

I’ve only died to Ulti stupidity once, but it was very unavoidable- Vexamus in Academy, popped Ulti to deal with Fissure but landed right on top of a swirly with full health, shield, and pain suppress, and still was killed with 60% overkill. Mobility, even 1/4 speed, would be a godsend.

Its still too risky for a 4 minute cd, realistically there shouldnt be risk involved in a raid scenario of falling into a swirly that spawned under you with an ability like this. When it comes to raid healing, a lot of the time you need the healing when things are also spawning on the ground (think sarkareth or raszageth for examples) and theres nothing you can do to avoid that which sometimes makes an entire phase or two or the whole fight bad for this ability which kinda sucks because its such a cool ability.

Keep in mind there are swirlies that wont necessarily kill you but can contribute to getting stacks of something you shouldnt ie sarkareth as well. In m+ its not as bad, but for raiders its quite unfortunate. I am fine with it in pvp, its already very good there and always taken, but I do think it would be cool to add some mobility to disc priest potentially by allowing you to fly with this.

City of Echoes def gonna be a nasty dungeon on higher key. It’s just non-stop AOE for a couple minutes straight.

Im not gonna lie i did die last night using Ultimate its was the 2nd boss of LFR the cast was almost done and Spike/tentacles came up and killed me as i was descending back to the ground.

But i will say oracle is maaaaaaaaaaad fun in Raid…the lack of rapture shield imma miss, Buuut i found a interesting mini game, Being able to couple PW:Radiance and Clairvoyance into a Premonition of Insight is daaaangerous… pop Clairvoyance get the 3 CD reduction PW:R, PW:R, Penance, [Evangelism] Pop Premonition of Insight, PW:R Penance, PW:R, Penance. Thing i find fun about this is that there isnt a Set in stone Rotation i have to take, i can mix it up if i feel like it

After raid last night - Shadow Priest is the clunkiest mess I’ve ever played in any class/spec since Vanilla.

Performance in raid is so heavily dictated by RNG – If you’re not proccing Devouring Plague, Mind Blast, MF:Insanity, and SW:Death regularly… your numbers are absolutely terrible.

We’re also encouraged to heavily prioritize Haste, to proc more often, but then our Critical Strike suffers, meaning while you’re getting more Procs… if they aren’t critting, you’re throwing pebbles instead of boulders.

Our DoTs aren’t really doing anything in terms of damage at all - but have to be maintained at 100% uptime, if you don’t then you get less Procs on main damage and don’t benefit from Mastery which is our second priority stat.

Nearly every fight has some form of Cleave, but are nuked down very quickly due to nearly every other class having Burst DPS. – Our greatest strength is being able to deal Cleave to mobs that aren’t grouped up, but are required to be grouped in order to mass apply our DoTs in order to cleave, which defeats the purpose entirely. – Plus, groups of Mobs spawn more often than the 20-seconds CD of SC, so there are times where its not up… and you just keep DPSing the boss while all the other classes cleave their hearts out.

It just feels so crazy that these are the same concerns that people had in Beta, but very little was done about it. – Meanwhile, Shamans are doing incredibly well, but are getting a massive rework.

Found the latter parts of City of Threads to be harder, tbh.

City of Echoes felt pretty chill to me till the final boss and that was mostly people going a little too crazy running around during the acid phase not realizing the spinny things don’t do damage, they just tell you where your wave is.

Granted tank quality is a big deal right now, too.