(Kaivax) #1

Today, we’re testing Za’qul, Harbinger of Ny’alotha on Mythic difficulty at 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST).

Please post your feedback on this encounter here.

Thank you!

(Kaivax) pinned #2

i dont know if you care, but mi pretty sure most if not everyone is not able to login atm, might wanna reschedule.

(Rinoa) #4

Frozen Orb does not work properly for most of the room. It gets stuck in its initial position essentially everywhere. Should be easy to reproduce, simply cast Frozen Orb while inside of the “boss circle”.

(Ww) #5

not sure if fears are supposed to take you out of the encounter space into the 1 shot zones

The fight is drastically over tuned for Dread still. I assume this is intentional to burn all our aoe healing cooldowns early so it is impossible to test the later phases of the boss. If it’s not, it will take a considerably tight cooldown rotation and probably require the entire raid to vantus. It also sucks the damage is shadow, not arcane, for obvious reasons.

That said I pugged it tonight because I didn’t have a preform group and they spoke Czech so I couldn’t coordinate with them. You also broke their raid leader who rage quit, having not realized the full breadth of the fight. That said the tentacle thrusts are cute, and can be treated like a miniature version of Argus P3. It forces you to adjust positioning and can cause poorly planned raids to over think the mechanic. The dread is cute, especially the 2nd set, which forces you to stack in the middle of the play field, but shouldn’t cause terribly heavy movement. I’d love to test this fight again since I’m pretty sure I know how to raid lead these mechanics now. Other than that I didn’t get to see nearly as much of P2 (fear realm) as I did last time on heroic (barely reaching P3).

Finally I’ve noticed a trending theme this raid tier. If I had to guess, the devs are trying to heavily incentivize raid healers like druids with 2 minute tranq and holy priests with double aoe healing cooldowns, thus making guilds significantly weigh the value of disc priests (assuming you nerf the pvp neck trait) and it’s utility kit over presumably more stable options. I think resto druid gets the most value, being able to flourish tranq every other dread. I think holy will also stack up stronger than disc because of it’s extra cds and holy also synergizes better with rdruids and mw because of the value from symbol of hope.

If this is all correct, plus the requirement of shifting away from single target healing talents in favor of everyone running seed + perfection, this fight may in fact be well balanced (a coordination that’s difficult to manage without a slew of logs and addons I lack of ptr). I’d love to check out internal testing, if that’s an option.