Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports regarding this encounter, or related issues. Noting the nature of your group (Mythic guild premade, PUG, etc.) is helpful, as are any logs. Thank you to everyone who has come out to help test!

Do you have any plans to lift the same-realm restrictions for testing?

3 Likes

Should be fixed now. I was able to enter a Benedictus group as a Broxigar toon just now, so I think the hotfix just went through.

1 Like

Boss aggroed onto an Earth Elemental that went air-swimming and flew to the far end of the platform. I haven’t seen anything yet but I’m concerned based on that issue alone that this boss might still cause massive issues for pet-based classes like Unholy DKs/Demo Warlocks/BM Hunters, but I’m testing these bosses on my Shadow Priest this time around so I cannot confirm anything yet outside of this very funny little thing that happened.

Pets are still completely broken when the boss transitions. They follow it up in to mid air, and then stop responding to commands. I had some success dismissing and re-summoning during the eye phase, but sometimes the pet just didn’t do anything.

2 Likes

LOGS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wPDzL3xaZ8Nb4tY7/#fight=8

Various 9/10M and 10/10M players from US-Sargeras alongside a few pugs from EU who needed a group.

Boss seemed much better overall (P2 raid damage might be a touch too high but it felt manageable enough as is). We didn’t kill the boss but with better play we most certainly would have, although the fight fight be a little too long for an early boss.

That said, there are still some absolutely massive issues with how pets function on this fight, as Tinymyrx pointed out above. We had both tanks alive going into the second P1 and the boss decided to try doing some funky stuff with a Survival Hunter’s pet shortly before doing its Annihilating Glare (which led to some even funkier stuff), which I’ve taken the liberty of clipping from my Twitch channel:

I don’t think the boss should be even remotely capable of moving from the platform (outside of P2 shenanigans where the Eye of the Jailer physically flies away from the platform). This specific issue could easily be remedied by having the boss do a typical Helya/Kologarn/literally any boss that cannot move from their point of origin mechanic that punishes the raid if nobody’s in the boss’s (absolutely massive) melee range.

Honestly, if the boss is completely stationary/locked in place in P1 and P3 (being impossible to move so stuff like the clip above doesn’t happen) and the boss becomes untargetable in P2 so pets don’t immediately chase it down and/or bug out as they continued to do during this round of testing I can see this boss being a fantastic second boss.

2 Likes

The encounter as a whole just feels too long and boring.

I think 3 intermission phases are a tad much.

In terms of challenge/complexity it’s right.

1 Like

Hard agree with this point at the end. Having my pet swim into the air during P2 intermission so I have to dismiss and re summon is really infuriating

Increase the tank damage on all bosses except Tarrague by 50%

1 Like