You say this but little known fact, the damage part doesn’t work for mistweavers as of current which to me seems like a b-b-b-b-bug.
Solid changes on the Mistweaver Legendaries.
However, the Soothing Focus legendary effect can never really be good as long as the buff expires as soon as Soothing Mist is cancelled, or even refreshed. This is really just because the optimal use cases of Soothing Mist are not compatible with this legendary at all. It is extremely rare to cast 3 spells back to back on a Soothing Mist target, let alone casting anything more than that to make use of the fully stacked effect.
A quick and easy QoL change to apply would be to at least make it so the buff is kept up when you refresh Soothing Mist on the same target. I don’t think it will make the legendary any better, but I think it makes more sense to at least have the option to keep up the buff so long as you stay on the one target.
A better change overall would just be to have the effect last around 10-15 seconds so we can make use of the buff on other targets. Without something like that it will never be a competitive option.
With this new build, we are still not seeing the changes needed for Mistweaver. Repeating it yet again:
Mana Tea GCD
Expel Harm is extremely undertuned
I don’t think we need to repeat the reasons at this point. They’ve been repeated over and over and over. It’s time to act on this feedback!
Another thing important to highlight is the way healing is distributed by Atotm and Chi-Ji
At least one these things needs to be true smart healing, otherwise there is inevitably massive overhealing due to both abilities having a similar way to target players. Chi-ji on its own already has massive overhealing because of how dumb his healing is. This needs to be addressed.
Mistweaver Legendaries bugs as of the last build:
Ancient Teachings of the Monastery: Correctly heals for 120% of the damage with Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick. The healing still doesn’t happen for Rising Sun Kick and Blackout Kicks from Teachings of the Monastery stacks.
Soothing Focus: Works properly with one little bug left. Enveloping Mist correctly gets a mana cost reduction but the healing increase does not affect it.
Celestial Breath still doesn’t heal for the proper amount, doing around 60 to 70% of the tooltip’s value (Tooltip on my character has a 2970 heal over 2 seconds, the heals I get are 3 ticks of 656 healing, for a total of 1968)
Uplifting Mists still doesn’t buff the “Post-Warlords” spells. This includes Essence Font, Yu’lon and the covenant abilities.
Just to drive the point home about bugs imma repost my bug list that is higher up in the thread, theses were all tested and confirmed today and will be updated on releases.
Mistweaver bugs and issues
- Chi-ji has a hidden mana cost that is 1/4 of your total mana
- Chi-ji’s healing to damage buff lasts only 60% of the duration it should
- Chi-ji’s damage isn’t converted to healing
- If you cast chi-ji when below 25% mana you will summon Chi-ji but not get a damage to healing buff
- Chi-ji won’t attack something unless you melee something.
- Spinning Crane Kick’s healing is reduced by 50%, this isn’t said on a tooltip anywhere and with sck target capped it makes this spell always the worse for hps
- Touch of Death requires you to melee something to be able to cast it meaning if you want to use Spinning crane kick you can’t touch of death (as its a “channel” ability meaning you can’t auto attack)
- Healing orbs are just not in the game… like at all
- Current there is never a valid time to cast expel harm (costs more than vivify, heals less than vivify even ignoring mastery)
- Expel Harm will not heal your Soothing Mist Target unless you’re also targeting them even though you can only cast Expel harm on yourself.
- Expel Harm isn’t boosted by env’s healing boost.
- Fallen Order doesn’t cast anything besides soothing mist
- Fallen Order will only healing you
- Fallen Order’s Soothing Mist hits for 50% of your soothing mist
- Fallen order clones do more damage for mistweaver than they do for windwalker.
- Weapons of order tooltip reads increase mastery by 15% but it actually increases it by 45% which is expected as our mastery scaling is set to 3 but tooltip is bugged
- Anyone hit with Bonedust brew will be cleaved by vivify
- Bonedust brew’s 25% healing replication isn’t 25% but a flat value.
- Bonedust brew won’t do damage for us.
- Bonedust brew can heal people that don’t have the buff.
- Bonedust brew doesn’t increase gust healing.
- Faeline Stomp won’t heal yourself
- Faeline Stomp is buggy when you roll. It will fragment into two segments. (tested with chi torpedo)
- Faeline stomp is very buggy if it hits people or not. I have stood in front of someone and used it and it hit them but they didn’t get healed.
- Rising Sun Revival does 10% of revival’s PRE-Mistweaver Aura healing per hot tick interval
- Rising Sun Revival doesn’t scale to crits
- Fortifying Ingredients isn’t 5% but appears to be 10% + mw aura (appears this could be wrong on my end but its not 5% of hp)
- Jade bond doesn’t work with chi-ji (jade bone reduces yu’lon cd by .5 second per gust proc, if you take chi-ji it replaces yu’long meaning you completely nullify a conduit by swapping talents)
- Dizzying Tumble dr starts on stun so if you’re first stun 60% of the dr is wasted
- Grounding breath increase ALL vivify healing on you not Vivifys you cast on yourself
- Ancient Teachings of the Monastery is affected by vers. (shouldn’t be)
- Ancient Teachings of the Monastery doesn’t heal from Rising Sun Kick.
- Ancient Teachings of the Monastery doesn’t count Blackout Kicks from Teachings of the Monastery.
- Invoker’s Delight work for yu’lon but only lasts 15 seconds even though yu’lon lasts 25.
- Invoker’s Delight work for chi-ji but only lasts 15 seconds even though chi-ji lasts 25.
- Celestial Breath isn’t healing for the correct amount. The tooltip is higher than the actual value. (Current tooltip says 2583 but i only heal for 1611)
- Soothing Focus doesn’t increase healing but rather it DECREASES healing from vivify.
- Soothing Focus doesn’t effect Enveloping Mist in terms of healing.
- Roll out works but is a worse version of Celerity, a talent we already don’t take.
- Rushing Tiger Palm (ww lego) works for brewmaster but not us.
- Uplifting Mists isn’t increased by enveloping mists.
- Uplifting Mists doesn’t increase all spells healing even if they are apart of the core kit.
- Uplifting Mists tooltips reads heal for 50 but does about 5x that amount.
Brief mistweaver feedback, and a request:
Some of the posts are making me feel like I’m in the minority here, but I love the Essence Font -centric playstyle, so the Shadowlands changes (and the Kyrian class ability) feel fantastic, though I wish other options felt as compelling.
The request: I would love a glyph or even a talent that removed the dispel portion of Revival, just for those very rare situations (thinking of Mythic Il’gynoth) where we’re basically prohibited from using one of our strongest abilities because the way dispelling is intended for that fight is completely incompatible with the dispel-all. I know this is one of the things that makes us different, but I’m worried there will be more encounters in the future where Revival - by its nature of tying one of our biggest heals to a wide-range mass dispel - can wipe the group instantly, without a realistic avenue or even the smallest windows of opportunity (Mythic Il’gynoth is really the only extreme case I can think of at the moment, but I’m sure there have been other cases).
Revival doesn’t dispel on mythic Il’gynoth you can use it freely. Blizzard is pretty good at adding spells the the
I don't get dispelled by revival list if its going to make the button unpressable.
Adding more numbers to soothing focus does not fix the problem.
Why does the buff drop at all when soothing mist ends? The t17 2pc for monks was upwards of 40% extra multistrike and that tier set was often ignored because channeling soothing mist on 1 target is not good.
Weaving Soothing Mist is a good idea. Just make it so this legendary has a short duration so you can move your soothing mist around and cast other abilities.
I definitely agree with you, a lingering buff would enable more interaction with this legendary. At the moment it seems that you can’t get a good value out of it in all situations (both pve and pvp).
The healing bonus applies to the cleave portion of vivifies, so being able to maintain the buff between the channels or even on multiple targets would definitely be a positive change for this legendary in every type of content (as well as being a positive change for the mistweaving fantasy).
It is worth noting that the cleave vivifies also applies the buff on the target you’re channeling on. So with 2 ReM out we can apply the 3 stacks in one cast (though of course it won’t affect this first cast). While this looks like a bug, it’s not very impactful. I’d rather see it replaced by a lingering buff.
Personal feedback on SL WW, from someone that really liked chi explosion hfcwalker, mostly liked antoruswalker, and can’t stand bfawalker.
The spec still feels bad without TEB. Capacitor historically does an okay job making chi spending feel like it contributes to a liquid resource, but it’s a poor substitute for tigereye brew. “Keep 3ish abilities on cd and avoid capping either resource” is boring single target that needs some kind of sprucing up-I think tigereye and the mastery we had from siege thru hfc was a great way to do that, but I think I’m in the minority, and I’d be happy to see any attention paid to this problem. BOK cooldown reduction is not enough.
Artifact strike is still a gaping hole in the windwalker damage kit. Having known what it’s like to have a full bar of chi’s worth of spenders that all did meaningful damage, it stings to go back. Fist of the white tiger still seems like a cruel joke, replacing a meaty spender with a wimpy builder on roughly similar cd. In a vacuum, my feelings on FOTWT are neutral; I just want something to do with chi besides press BOK for 2 damage twice after every jab for 1 damage.
The above point relates to my love for hfcwalker. Having more chi to spend has felt good on WW exactly once in the 6 years I’ve played the spec, and that’s with the combination of chiex, hfc tier and the class trinket making it feel punchy to have extra chi. Artifact was nice for at least feeling like having 5 chi for a burst window was meaningful, and I’d take that if it was offered, but there’s still a big hole in the damage model where the only buttons that matter are rsk fof and wdp, and they can be kept on CD with 0 haste.
I still feel like combo strikes is a really boring mastery as long as the two abilities that are capable of failing it on single target are so toothless that the hit combo talent is the only way to make us care about not double tapping tiger palm/blackout kick. It’s time for a new take on this mastery.
If we’re insistent on hit combo, maybe we could baseline the talent, reduce its duration, and increase its effect in some fashion, making it more like inner strength so that it feels rewarding to have up but it’s hard to maintain. WWs have been saying that hit combo feels like a restriction more than a bonus since its inception.
Couple of pvp notes.
As someone who hit glad once in wod, 5 times in legion and twice in bfa, the spec still feels awful without fist stun. You need to give it back. The current edition of the turbo fists talent is less fun to play against and play with, encouraging people sit on a short cooldown cc like dragon’s breath or storm bolt explicitly to disrupt the channel and encouraging WWs to only attempt to play the game proactively once every 45-60 seconds when we have some ccs. This state of affairs comes at the expense of WWs playing dynamically in a way that actually lets positioning be taken advantage of, and further forces the enemy to play around the damage of the channel reactively instead of doing anything fun with their own tools or letting us do anything fun with ours.
On that note, paralysis being such a long cd also feels horrible. Maybe 15 seconds was too frequent, maybe 4 seconds was too long, maybe a deliberate effort was made to keep outlaw out of the pvp meta so that gouge every 10 seconds wasn’t around to make paralysis every 45 seconds look as drippingly silly as it feels, but 45 feels like a wide miss. I’d like to see the duration and cooldown both cut as some kind of compromise to that end, or even shave down the range, something like a 15yd range incap that lasts for 2-3 seconds on a 30 second cd perhaps? Having 1 go every minute that contains a scant 2 short ccs feels more like wading through an irritating scenario than engaging in pvp on my WW.
In general, windwalker was at least fine pretty much regardless of tuning for the entirety of wod and legion. It was buffed to the level of absurdity several times, for sure; what I mean is that the spec was functionally immune to damage-related inviability. Doing the same dps as a healer, ww would still be viable if it could play henchman to meta classes with cc tools usable more often than once a minute. This is a niche critically missing from the meta: tons of specs with low armor and high mobility have run rampant for a LOT of bfa because in the absence of golden-age windwalker tools, any team without a rogue has to stand still and take whatever mages/other wws/rogues/dhs feel like doing for however many failed tries the squishy team gets before they run out of mana. The threat of counterplay has vanished, and the game is worse for it.
If nothing else, give back charging ox wave as a talent we can use to opt out of leg sweep. Axe tiger tail sweep as a talent nobody has ever taken except to specifically screw over other players using the adaptation trinket talent in 2s, and put the skillshot stun on a 30s cd in its place.
WW Covenant Feedback
- Night Fae: The ability is super cool, however I hate having to step up 3-4 yards to be in it.
- Venthyr: Its cool, it does absurd damage, however I feel like I’m summoning pets, which feels bad because I’m a monk.
- Kyrian: Its been said many times. It’s awkward. I just ignored mastery and it felt better since I hit two in a row, however that’s not the point of the ability then. Idk how to make it better other than it feels awkward to use.
- Necrolord: I can hit more SCK’s which i guess is good for AOE. Feels kind of awkward in ST. Not sure how I feel about this one.
Overall, each ability is somewhat awkward. The only one (currently) that is the least awkward for me is the night fae one. It’s stomp, move forward, maybe get a reset, stomp again, etc. The other’s I’m having trouble figuring out how they really interact. Necrolord feels the next best because it changes what I want to do. Venthyr is press and forget and kyrian is press and keep doing whatever you were doing but get some “benefit”.
I agree with all of this. I kinda prefer the Necrolord theme over the Night Fae theme and I’m somewhat split on the class abilities, but Soulshape’s features beat out the Necrolord shield, especially now that they adjusted it to feel faster and a useful blink. If they remove(d) the vanish from Soulshape (please DON’T, Blizzard), I’d probably go Necrolord, but that extra QoL and BG point protection fun is keeping me NF. (Oh yeah, and the Soulshape form collection!)
Blizzard, please make it so the Faeline Stomp caster is standing in it upon cast.
Two points on Monk talents across all specs:
Ring of peace should be baseline at this point for all monks. It has become the iconic monk utility and is basically an always take. In situations where you don’t take it, it’s either useless anyway (e.g. patchwerk boss) or feels like you’re missing a core utility.
This then opens up a rework for that row.
It has been said many times before and I think people oughta keep saying it: the 15 row is bleh. The abilities really need a bit more oomph, interaction, or decision triggering. At the moment they feel like “I have nothing else to press” spells. I know chi burst gives MW free healing and WW free chi, so it’s not on the bottom of the priority list, but even knowing that, it still feels unimpactful.
Some thoughts about the mistweaver potency conduits:
I find it weird that three of the MW conduits affects healing CDs. Not only their effects do not look powerful at the moment, but they will occur too occasionally in the course of a fight or of a dungeon, further decreasing their value.
The CD reduction attached to the Revival conduit doesn’t look too appealing, especially in raids where most of the time every big healer CD is assigned to a precise timing of incoming raid damage. It might come in handy on a very few occasions where you need your Revival 10-15s earlier, but it’ll be extremely rare. It could be replaced with another effect that fully support the fistweaving playstyle.
The Yul’on conduit (aka Bond, Jade Bond) carries the same issues with its CD-reduction effect, only on a weaker CD. Moreover, picking the Chi-Ji talent makes this conduit completely useless, as it doesn’t reduce Chi-Ji’s CD at the moment. I’d like to know how WWs and BRMs feel about their respective version of this conduit. Though I find it very cool have a conduit with a cross-spec identity, it just looks too weak at this stage.
The Resplendent Mist conduit is the only one with a consistent effect, though it will add more variance to our ST healing with gust of mists already having its own crit chance. It won’t make mastery a more powerful stat by itself, but it’s something. Maybe it could if the proc had some other effect, like making gust of mists pulse around the target. It’s just an idea, but as MW’s mastery has yet to receive some synergies with talents this conduit could be a start.
TBH this is a mood. Though jade bond’s cdr is alright since you’d never assign Yu’lon as a raid cd and can just use it whenever you please. Also the Nourishing Chi is just a big let down as we are not a super heavy hot class and only the bonus from the trait carries over afterwards not that + cocoon meaning low ranks of this are basically not there.
Here’s some feedback so far on Brewmaster:
General: Currently, brew is in a decent spot defensively. Early on our mitigation will be tied mostly to Celestial Brew while stagger is weaker however as our gear scales up and we get higher levels of stagger I imagine the defensive values of the two abilities will swap in priority.
However our damage is quite far behind other tanks in AoE situations. A potential solution to this is uncapping the target cap of Spinning Crane Kick for Brewmaster and/or a buff to Keg Smash base damage.
Celestial Brew: CB is a really interesting and rewarding addition to the spec. Still has some room for min maxing through your Keg Smash management to have it up for windows of big damage taken.
It currently feels a little over-tuned (as there are very few instances where a fully charged CB will actually be consumed during the 8 second duration), however it will not scale as well as other forms of tank mitigation throughout the expac due to it being tied to attack power so a nerf now could completely cripple Brew’s mitigation later in the tier, especially since it is our only form of magic mitigation.
Having it off the GCD would be the main thing I (and a lot of other brewmasters) would like to see, as I’ve often found I will be spamming it during a 0.5 second precast tank crush from a boss and get GCD locked into having to take the hit without mitigation up.
Tiger Palm: This ability is in a weird a spot currently. It does less damage than Spinning Crane Kick in single target situations, so the only reason to push it is when you desperately need brew CDR but Keg Smash isn’t up. In legion you at least had the option of stacking the Tiger Palm relic to get the damage to a decent level, however there isn’t anything similar in the conduit system to make TP worth the energy spent on it. A buff here wouldn’t go amiss.
Breath of Fire: There is a lot of importance currently in the Beta being placed on BoF uptime (2/4 of the Covenants have BoF baked into their abilities and the Scalding Brew conduit incentivises holding Keg Smash until you have BoF back up) however the ability itself is very lacklustre both in it’s damage and in the damage reduction it provides. This in turn makes the Celestial Flames talent almost never worth picking as it is such a miniscule buff to the reduction. Making BoF a 7.5-10% DR by default and having Flames buff it to 15-20% instead would make it a more interesting/important spell to work into your rotation instead of it merely being a debuff you maintain for more Keg Smash damage.
- Expel Harm: Currently EH seems to be bugged, in that it no longer shows the number of Gift of the Ox orbs present. Not sure if this is intended.
- Provoke: As of the latest build Provoke is still applying the movement speed increase to mobs, however the movement bonus is sitting at 0%. I know there was speculation that this effect was being removed altogether however the debuff on the mobs was readded in the last week or two which, in tandem to the datamined rank 2 of the ability for Brewmasters, makes me wonder if this is a bug.
- Blackout Kick : Blackout Kick no longer applies a stack of our Elusive Brawler Mastery, even though it says that it should on the mastery tooltip in our spell books. That said, it could be intended as it doesn’t say it on the ability tooltip itself.
Overall though, I like the incarnation of Brewmaster on beta over the live version. Stagger is still fundamentally similar (I even prefer the reduction of Brew charges with the addition of Shuffle) however the addition of CB gives the player more agency instead of being a Stagger meat-shield with Celestial Fortune baked in.
An overall buff to damage (notably AoE) and Celestial Brew being taken off the GCD would be enough to put Brew in a good spot before release, as currently it is being dwarfed by other tanks in the damage department.
Feedback on a level 10 windwalker:
This level 10 windwalker asked Chromie to level thru Legion, and arrived at Dalaran, got the Dalaran Hearthstone.
Next quest is the artifact quest “Before the Storm”.
The quest wants me to “Use the Zen Pilgrimage ability to travel to the Peak of Serenity”.
That spell isn’t available at level 10!
|BFA Pre-Squish Level||Shadowlands Post-Squish Level|
It’s gotta be some related error to the level squish values since
starts at level 20 (which is now 10)
Just a bug note regarding Covenants, Venthyr for Windwalker hasnt worked in 2 builds and only does the brewmaster abilities, so as Windwalker your dudes/dudettes are casting breath of fire and sck which hits like a wet noodle since kegsmash isnt on the targets.
Hey I am just contributing to the topic based on what I have tested so far.
Touch of Death: Still doesn’t kill the target. Touch of Death can drop the target to one hit but the target is not dead.
Expel Harm: Tool tip indicates it does damage based on the amount healed but this has not been true. Tested it in the maw by Paralysis a mob then being targeted on them and hitting expel harm but no damage and no cc break. Also it does not count towards hit combo. You can get 2 chi then blackout kick, expel harm, blackout kick and our mastery hit combo will be dropped.
2h weapon and fist of fury is still not usable. Devs mentioned that 2h ww is coming but as of now FoF is not able to be used as a WW with a 2h equipped.