(Flintløck) #121
Might just have to re-level to 120. My hunter doesnt have any rep so I cant finish uniting zandalar, and can't access either the island table or the war campaign table.

(Bwonsevdi) #122
Gave these a try last night on normal mode. I intentionally have not looked into them, so I was a bit lost. Collecting Azerite is pretty straight forward, but I had some issues. First, what I see you calling "quest items" in a blue post. I looted some of these, but it wasn't clear at all how to use them. Given how many other ways there are to earn Azerite, it didn't seem worth it to spend time trying to figure it out.

I'm guessing the quest items are related to the second issue I had, which is I ran into several friendly NPCs asking for help, but there was no clear way to help any of them. My guess would be that I need to have looted the related quest item, and then i'll be able to interact with the person in some way to help them. Right now though there's no way that I could tell to identify which npc the item you have might help or where the item you need to help an npc you've found might be. Maybe these should be actual quests? Or show up on an objective frame? Something.

Third issue I had was what I assume to be the "invasion" at the end. Our island developed a sandstorm, and the boat troll said there must be an earth elemental responsible. Well, that's great and all, but since there was no marker on the map and I didn't see any elementals that looked different than the azerite ones, I'm not sure what to do with that. There didn't seem to be an incentive to search the island for the elemental(s), so I just kept doing my thing, only in a sandstorm.

Last issue I had is more debatable. There was really no social or group component to it. We never spoke at all, and we didn't need to. Now it's normal, so that might be fine, but it is what it is. The thing about an open ended exploration scenario is that there's no clear path to take and no clear "leader" (like a tank in a dungeon) controlling pulls. Since a lot of the stuff on the island is soloable, we ended up not even really sticking together. We'd vaguely move towards map markers and kind of be in the same area, help each other on rares, but it felt more like doing solo content near other people that happened to be on the same quests than it did group content. I assume that in higher difficulties, it becomes necessary to work together and communicate, but right now it isn't for normal.

(Muffinus) #123
Fixed an issue where you probably weren't seeing the two new Islands, please try again!

(Rivenblade) #124
04/23/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Muffinus
Fixed an issue where you probably weren't seeing the two new Islands, please try again!

Could you shed some light on whether or not this posts' feedback is a possible addition being considered in any capacity: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762106891

(Manales) #125
Just ran a couple expeditions,

Killing horde npcs doesn't give more azerite though it says theyre worth azerite? which was the biggest thing I noticed, and on normal expeditions they accumulate azerite rather quickly.

but outside of that they are rather enjoyable.

(Pinkiepool) #126
I've done 4 or 5 Island Expeditions so far, the first three on Normal and then on Heroic.

I think they're great fun, with a lot of replayable potential, but the rewards could be a bit clearer and more useful. The consumables don't really interest me at all (I have to add ANOTHER button to my bar/rotation? No ty), and I haven't been able to pinpoint what we get for them beyond that. The heroic was a bit rough for my ilvl, and I ended up completely broken.

Things I'd like to see:

• Combat/Bodyguard followers join you
  • Repair facilities on player ship
  • Loot other than Azerite power - X marks the spot, can't we dig up some gold or something?
  • Something to effect the state of the island - say maps from freehold that lead to a particular type of island, or some sort of drops from anywhere that delay the enemy NPC's arrival
  • Faction ties - if the Night Elves have lost their home, why not gain reputation with them for finding new Islands they might like if you're Alliance, or for finding a lost tribe of X faction etc
  • Better balanced mobs - some of the elites are like wet paper and die to a stiff breeze, others completely roll you in the dirt
  • More and more interesting themes - say a crashed ship of some famous pirate and most of the big enemies on the island are pirate spirits, a particular island might be covered in rare fruit of some kind to be collected as you go and used as a reagent for tradeskills

(Pinkiepool) #127
Oh also, they absolutely need to be able to be queued from somewhere other than the table. Why they're not on the Random Group pane is beyond me.

(Ninggrom) #128
They might just not want to clog up that dungeon finder button.

(Ninggrom) #129
One thing I’m concerned about is how engaging will the PvE islands be as we get more and more gear?

If mythic island expeditions are doable in a premade group by many people the instant we hit 120, they are going to be an absolute joke difficulty wise by the time we are geared in entry level raid gear. Same problem dungeons had prior to the creation of M+. The procedural content aspect of it, while fun, is not going to be enough to carry it if in full mythic 0 dungeon gear I can grab the whole island and aoe it down with a bit of coordination.

Is there any planned solution to that?

(Ninggrom) #130
Somewhat related to that, what is going to be the advantage of running PvP island expeditions? Are they going to be the most profitable difficulty of Expedition we can do? (In terms of Azerite and other non-pvp rewards)

Because by definition, the PvP difficulty will always be the most difficult setting. And no matter how fun it will be (and I think it’ll be very fun), if it’s quicker and more profitable to quickly burn through a mythic island expedition people will do that. Even if they bore themselves to death.

Tl;Dr, I’d like to see the PvP difficulty be the most rewarding difficulty, even when losing, since it always will be the hardest.

(Wester) #131
I cant seem to find or get the quest to start the Island Expeditions. Am i doing something wrong or will i have to level again (that would suck) im a 116 lock on my main on beta right now. I have looked all over the ship but cant find the quest but the table is unlocked and i can send out Falstad.

(Cilphid) #132
05/06/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Wester
I cant seem to find or get the quest to start the Island Expeditions. Am i doing something wrong or will i have to level again (that would suck) im a 116 lock on my main on beta right now. I have looked all over the ship but cant find the quest but the table is unlocked and i can send out Falstad.

The table is outside a ship with green sails, next to the main ship you use. I'm unable to find a way to begin these as well though, as the table just says "new interface coming soon! thanks for testing!"

(Wester) #133
05/06/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Cilphid
05/06/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Wester

The table is outside a ship with green sails, next to the main ship you use. I'm unable to find a way to begin these as well though, as the table just says "new interface coming soon! thanks for testing!"

I found that table too but a friend of mine said he got a quest from the ship to take him to the table there. And the one person he said gave him the quest isnt giving it to me.

(Ninggrom) #134
It’s the third step of the War Campaign. 1st part unlocks at 112 (travel to 1 zone of Alliance scum’s continent) 2nd part at 114 (travel to 2nd zone of Alliance scum’s continent).

Then 3rd Part at level 116 is a tutorial of the islands expedition. If you open your quest log, at the top there should be a red (might be blue on Alliance?) chat box that says where you pick up the next part of your campaign.

(Wester) #135
05/06/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Ninqjinq
It’s the third step of the War Campaign. 1st part unlocks at 112 (travel to 1 zone of Alliance scum’s continent) 2nd part at 114 (travel to 2nd zone of Alliance scum’s continent).

Then 3rd Part at level 116 is a tutorial of the islands expedition. If you open your quest log, at the top there should be a red (might be blue on Alliance?) chat box that says where you pick up the next part of your campaign.

I just looked and it is blue but it only says reach 118 for the next part but i havent even unlocked the Islands yet. Did they make it to where you can only que for the now at 120?

(Aarakiane) #136
03/14/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Muffinus
Update Post!

I will update this post as things progress. Thank you for your feedback!

4/27 - In the next major build, three different Islands will be available per week on a rotation, drawing from the following pool:
    - Un'gol Ruins
    - Molten Cay
    - Verdant Wilds
    - Dread Chain
    - Whispering Reef
    - Skittering Hollow
    - Rotting Mire

4/19 - These changes will be in the next build:
    - A tutorial quest and island are now available at level 115. Players must complete the tutorial quest to unlock Expeditions. This unlock is account-wide.
    - Normal mode requires level 110+
    - Heroic, Mythic, and PvP require level 120
    - At the start of the Island, 3 high-value targets will appear in the fog on your map as red X's, giving your party some initial direction.
    - Two new islands are available: Molten Cay and Dread Chain.
    - Around 800 new creatures have been added (some will lack abilities)
    - New end of island invasions: Naga, Black Dragons, Twilight Dragons, Saurok, Trolls
    - End of island invasions now have a pre-spawn visual (so they don't spawn on top of you)
    - New chest type: puzzle. Find levers, pressure plates, etc. needed to open an ancient chest.
    - Questgiver required objects (e.g. Torch, Shovel) spawn closer to their questgivers
    - Visual updates to skyboxes, times of day, and weather effects.

4/03 - We have turned on Island mode: PvP. Please let us know how PvP Islands feel! Of note, you do not currently have PvP talents active. Please let us know how much you miss them!

In addition, we've added a fog of war to Islands. You will see a bubble around yourself and your allies that shows nearby Azerite sources. When you leave the area, the icon will persist, but grey out. The enemy might take it, you won't know until you re-enter the area!

3/29 - We have activated heroic and mythic difficulties, queue up from the Expedition Map!

3/20 - These changes will be in the next build:
    - Creatures no longer increase in Azerite over time, but are worth more in general.
    - Players and Advanced NPCs gain Azerite Residue slower
    - Updated abilities for Azerite-based elementals
    - New abilities for several humanoid groups
    - Normal difficulty tuning (generally, things will be easier, and the AI is less aggressive)
    - AI NPCs should jump around less
    - Updated Azerite visuals all around
    - Azerite Energy no longer stacks
    - Consumables available at your docks now cost Seafarer's Dubloons
    - Seafarer's Dubloons can now show up on Expeditions
    - Each faction's ship captain will now order a cannon barrage on enemies that come too near.
    - New weather effects have been added to elemental invasions.

so you dont get the tutorial quest until 116 not 115, that is very confusing info....

(Kushfury) #137
For some reason I can't queue or get the quest?

(Sergand) #138
I was able to get the Island Expedition quest, but it requires I speak with Flynn Fairwind to begin the scenario. When speaking to him, there is no option to begin the island expedition intro.

Edit: Current character level, 118. I have not previously unlocked this feature on any other toons. Do I need to first reach 120?

(Dejaboopally) #139
The quest "Island Expedition" appears to be broken Horde side. I would like to be able to try out an island expedition; unfortunately the inability to unlock it is also making it impossible to unlock World Quests.

(Acalle) #140
05/16/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Sergand
I was able to get the Island Expedition quest, but it requires I speak with Flynn Fairwind to begin the scenario. When speaking to him, there is no option to begin the island expedition intro.

Edit: Current character level, 118. I have not previously unlocked this feature on any other toons. Do I need to first reach 120?

Have the same issue on Alliance side though I am 120. Tells me to talk with Flynn and when I do he has no response.