(Httpdotwitch) #101
This is in response to

"Feedback Request: The current plan is to have three islands available every week on a rotation. Since we now have three available, we'd like to hear from you about how many times you'd like to engage in this content during the week. Hop in, run a few during the next week, and let us know what you're feeling!"

It is impossible to know this - it depends what the rewards are, what else there is to do and how popular they are (ie if my friends want to do them for heroic+ or if i feel like chilling on my own solo queuing in normal). I quite enjoy them atm - and that may last up to six months (or longer if there is new engaging bosses or layouts or ai improvements) - probably a few times a week.

(Dondavin) #102
My current feedback for this is:
I mainly tried only my warlock on these (leveled her to 120) the solo normal ones seemed very easy to win. I was able to tank every mob even without a healer by myself. I had a mage in my group who could just Arcane Blast every mob and just make it so that my Void Walker tanked all the mobs. We had a healer in group as well but looked like he didn't even need to be there.

Tried heroic, was a little more challenging but still just as easy as normal PVE. Able to complete the scenario within 10 minutes. And even tried to kill the Enemy NPCs which made it a little more difficult but was still fairly easy to kill as a warlock, there were no stun locking like in real pvp and they basically just ran around a lot. If your lucky on encountering them you could LoS them and just finish them off. The rogue did jump around a lot with shadow step but didn't sap anyone that I could tell, or use kick for casting.

I would like to see enemy NPCs try to compete with players more often as if they think they could win, just like how we would against them. Have yet to see the rogue sap someone steal a node then run away.

Will continue to test them with other classes as soon as the Alpha comes back up.

So far the PvE scenarios feel a little under tuned, and could use maybe 15-20% increase.

(Alca) #103
Where do we queue? The table no longer offers an option. I did the intro scenario quest last patch.

(Lac) #104
Level 120 character can't access the table anymore. Please advise how to continue testing this feature.

(Pharazon) #105
Yeah, sadly, those characters that are not able to finish the Heart of Azeroth quest due to already having the un-deletable Heart of Azeroth from prior to the quest existing no longer seem to be able to queue for Island Expeditions (as well as not being able to queue for dungeons in the LFG tool).

(Alca) #106
04/19/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Pharazon
Yeah, sadly, those characters that are not able to finish the Heart of Azeroth quest due to already having the un-deletable Heart of Azeroth from prior to the quest existing no longer seem to be able to queue for Island Expeditions (as well as not being able to queue for dungeons in the LFG tool).

Hmm, my DH was created the very first alpha patch and I can queue for Dungeons via LFG. I just can't queue for Island Expeditions, despite (or perhaps because of) doing the intro quest last patch.

My monk, which I created a bit later... can't queue for dungeons though because it can't finish the Heart of Azeroth quest. Just noticed this. Hrm. Maybe I should remake it -- is there a fix otherwise?

(Muffinus) #107
Thanks for the reports, we'll look into a way to get unlocked even if you've previously completed the quest. For now, you can create a new character and do the tutorial with them (at 115), that should unlock your account.

(Metrohaha) #108
Thanks for the reports, we'll look into a way to get unlocked even if you've previously completed the quest. For now, you can create a new character and do the tutorial with them, that should unlock your account.

We need to level them to 115 then we get the quest. Is that correct?

Edit: Thanks for the edit.

(Oäk) #109
Just unlocked it on my 115 then I tried it on my 110 since you can its still pretty fun/great the problem is while everything else is scaled to your level the npc players w/e you wanna call them are not they are skull and all my attacks missed and they nearly 1 shot. I hope in another build you guys will be able to scale the npc players to our level otherwise it feels kinda pointless to let non max lvl chars do these

(Pharazon) #110
Finishing the island expedition into quest on a different character leveled to 115 did indeed re-enable island expeditions on the 120 that had already did the quest prior to the patch and was now locked out.

(Muffinus) #111
Found a solution to the AI scaling issue, doing some testing, and we'll probably push a fix early next week. Thanks for the report!

(Oäk) #112
04/20/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Muffinus
Looking into the AI level tuning now, thanks for the report!
Thanks! :D

(Alca) #113
Has anyone seen the new islands yet? 4/4 Ungol Ruins for me.

(Towelliee) #114
Only get ruins not the two new islands.

(Pyrênus) #115
Is there anyway to make characters at 115, or any new character still has to be leveled to 115? As I am not looking forward to re-leveling on alpha

(Nekrexal) #116
The intro scenario mobs are a little overtuned at max level. The Hozen are somewhat hard to kill. Could use some nerfs. At least the pack near Akakakoo. Spread them out more evenly.

(Metrohaha) #117
As others have pointed out, the new maps aren't available it seems. Did 8 islands yesterday on Livestream and got ruins every time.

(Grrchopp) #118
The quest to gain access to the island expedition starts at Nathanos Blightcaller on the ship in the port of Zandalar, NOT at the table! Thought I was boned like the other guys here were saying since I had a pre-quest heart of Azeroth necklace but I was fine!

(Stormaker) #119
Is the account unlock faction restricted? I did it horde side on a 115 shaman, but my alliance 120 DK can't seem to get into them. It lets her queue for only normal, but then the queue never pops.

(Alca) #120
04/21/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Stormaker
Is the account unlock faction restricted? I did it horde side on a 115 shaman, but my alliance 120 DK can't seem to get into them. It lets her queue for only normal, but then the queue never pops.

I don't think so? I did it on a 115 alliance monk and it unlocked it for my 120 horde DH.