(Tharissian) #281
Island expeditions would be way better if:
We had at least 15 islands per week (best solution for immersion imo)
or
The 3 islands changed on a daily basis instead of weekly.

That would reduce the chances to get the same islands over and over, increasing the feeling of actually exploring, instead of knowing exactly where we are going. That would greatly improve immersion.

They told us at Blizzcon 2017 that we will get to explore uncharted islands but, with only 3 islands, the exploration is none existant. We are getting the same islands over and over after only 3 expeditions. Different npcs don't help that at all.

Do we know why there's only 3 islands per week ?
They are small and generic so it wouldn't be a huge deal to have more than 3.

(Sarrlock) #282
They told us at Blizzcon 2017 that we will get to explore uncharted islands but, with only 3 islands, the exploration is none existent. We are getting the same islands over and over after only 3 expeditions. Different npcs don't help that at all.

Well to be honest you are supposed to explore the islands if you are hunting for rewards.

This is what I do (and most collectors do):
Step 1 scout the island, step 2 clear the paths, step 3 kill the lucrative rares, step 4 get both teams up to 3k (ignore the azerite rare) and spawn an invasion, step 5 kill all the invasion mobs, step 6 loot chests and win (optional).

This is what most players do:
Step 1 kill stuff, step 2 loot stuff, step 3 kill the azerite golem and win.

That is one reason why people aren't seeing rewards. Also, it is why I keep asking blizzard to remove the azerite golem and add in a loot bag at the end that could contain the mounts/pets/toys since most people don't get to kill the lucrative npcs.

P.S. Most collectors have been booted from a lot of island expos because we don't zerg the scenario. That 30 min debuff bites.

(Zalathel) #283
11/01/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Sarrlock
Most collectors have been booted from a lot of island expos because we don't zerg the scenario. That 30 min debuff bites.

I seen the opposite too. Sucks both ways.

(Khoovi) #284
The stuff I keep hearing about unpleasant drama with people kicking each other out of the enforced 3-person groups, combined with the time pressure really puts me off. I like to enjoy and explore what I am doing.

Without impinging on what people have already, I would love the *option* to be able to do a de-tuned version solo, or maybe even some means of running with a pair of AI followers selected by me from the ones I have.

Now *that* might be an interesting mechanic to give the followers some more purpose as they don't seem to be quite as developed a concept as they were in Legion.

Just my personal thoughts from my perspective :)

(Deadjoke) #285
Leveled a toon 110-120 without a single pet/transmog drop 2 days ago, got quest items but that was it. After reaching 120 I got a drop the following run.

Feels like they gimped the drop rates on lower combat toons.

(Zule) #286
Really dont like doing dozens of these only to have nothing to show for it, i mean whats the point? Stop wasting our time and fix your drop rates for real.

(Kymberlynn) #287
Have been doing these excessively now for a few weeks. Doing both rare hunting groups and random LFG. The random invasions are off putting. This week is "Twilight Flight" and out of the 20 I have done I have seen them 3 times and gotten no loot. Mogu I have seen at least 8 times, and the rest are mixed elementals. Oh and the Black dragon flight showed up for some reason.

I would like to see a better system of getting the right invasions to show up and a better loot system. It's expensive to repair after a dozen or so runs with nothing to show for it.

Like if it is twilight dragons this week how about they show up more then 1/10th the times. The number of rares you kill of anything (pirates/dragons/ect) should multiply your chance to get mounts/pets.

RNG sucked in legion and it sucks even worse now.

(Sarrlock) #288
Copying this from another thread:

11/07/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Ponypwn
THE REWARD HAS TO BE WORTH IT

island expeditions are a total fail. Blizzard must realize this and not give a flying *!@#. At this point it seems apparent its just about milking more timed played from each player with the least about of development required.

@ Blizzard
People have been asking you to reduce the RNG fest in island expeditions.

I like quite a few of the ideas such as being able to target certain invasions npcs, placing the mounts etc on the vendor, or having a loot bag at the end of the expedition.

Instead all you did was add some random new items onto a vendor. Sure it is nice in a sort of clueless way, but when people tell you the content and its rng are terrible you should probably do something about it.

(Cellardoor) #289
Explain how potential loot is distributed please. Beyond "hope and pray".

Embarrassing that people even need to request this, even more embarrassing that you refuse to do it.

(Sarrlock) #290
I finally managed to get squawks to drop by farming the island expeditions on normal difficulty on my twink alt.

I killed a lot of darn pirates; when they were up on one of the islands, during the mini invasions, and during the invasion events. Darn thing dropped from one of the mini invasions where only 1 pack of mobs spawn.

Now I am just... done with these.

All I can say is that the rng is terrible and I wish everyone else good luck.

(Cattywompus) #291
11/09/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Sarrlock
I finally managed to get squawks to drop by farming the island expeditions on normal difficulty on my twink alt.

I killed a lot of darn pirates; when they were up on one of the islands, during the mini invasions, and during the invasion events. Darn thing dropped from one of the mini invasions where only 1 pack of mobs spawn.

Was it fairly common to see a random pack on pirates on every island? Or an extreme rarity? I haven't done these in about 3 weeks, since pirates were last on the rotting mire. Also, was there a rare? Potentially dreadbeard? Congrats man, my grind is still very real.

(Sarrlock) #292
11/09/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Cattywompus
11/09/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Sarrlock

Was it fairly common to see a random pack on pirates on every island? Or an extreme rarity? I haven't done these in about 3 weeks, since pirates were last on the rotting mire. Also, was there a rare? Potentially dreadbeard? Congrats man, my grind is still very real.

It was fairly rare to see a random pack of pirates. Typically I saw murlocs.
As for the rare, it was some female npc named something two pistols or something. I killed her pretty quickly.

(Hando) #293
I'm really getting tired of being booted for going after rares rather than engaging in the "pull everything" mentality. Can we at least make it so you can't be booted? After killing a few rares only to be booted and left with no chance at any loot is frustrating, to say the least.

(Dayon) #295

Hi,

I’m reasonably geared and doing higher-level Island Expeditions and it still feels like we have to rush at a constant clip to beat the other team to the resource goal. This feels really counter-intuitive to the idea we’re supposed to be exploring the Islands in any meaningful way.

If there was a way to relax the time constraint so that we could feel like we’re able to explore the islands more deeply without feeling like we have to sacrifice a victory, that’d be great.

Maybe there could be Expeditions where the opposite faction doesn’t show up, or doesn’t spawn in until you’ve reached a certain amount of Azerite.

(Sarrlock) #296

I wanted to ask this in another thread but I will just ask it here.

Does booting a player from an island expedition really increase the chances of getting loot drops from an island expedition?

I heard this rumor a while back and it seems like players, especially collectors believe it to be true.

Apparently they believe that all the loot is pooled during the scenario and is distributed between group members at the end. Meaning that fewer people in the group gives higher odds for loot.

I really hope that rumor is not true…

(Vashk) #297

this is still being abused, whether it works or not does not matter, some think it does and are kicking people just to try to get more loot

(Sarrlock) #298

Yeah I really hope Blizzard finds a better way to prevent vote kick abuse in IEs. A lot of vote kicks could have been prevented if they had implemented the new feature in 8.1 that combines the loot pools from all mobs and nodes on the island.

I get that discovery is something Blizzard likes to do but players really needed more clarity on how loot works in IEs.

One thing that still concerns me with IEs and the changes in 8.1 would be how the loot works after the isle gets invaded. Do the invaders have a separate loot pool or does a random yak npc share a the loot pool with the invaders once they show up?

So IEs are so bad atm that there are now afk groups farming mythic IEs. It’s almost like Blizzard did not beta test these things hm?

There will always be someone to game the system. Honestly, if people are ok waisting their time and not even getting a bit of azerite from it then that’s their choice.

It’s not like it makes the expeditions go faster and they can’t get anything else done in WoW while they do it so meh not seeing a real advantage.