(Kraittongue) #201
08/27/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Moonpony
08/23/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Kraittongue
I've run a embarrassing amount of these expeditions in hopes of farming mostly transmog/pets along with a little AP, but outside of the first 4 I ran, I have yet to receive any substantial reward besides dubloon bags.

My only 2 pets so far dropped after just my second and fourth runs at launch, which had me in high hopes. I stopped just after that to get to max level before starting up again. Since then I've just been amassing coins. I figured I just had bad rng (which is usual for me) but it seems like it's affecting a much bigger portion of people.

Maybe there could be a way for us to eventually purchase some of these drops with the dubloons we collect? Not saying it has to come cheap, or that every item has to be available outside of drops, but currently we have a few spells to purchase from the vendor each week which I've only seldom seen used, and at the current drop rate players are bound to one day be sitting on a good amount of dubloons with no desire to spend them all
Embarrassing amount as in?

I've run 150-ish of these in mythic and i've gotten 10 things, mostly just do it to grind ap, so not getting something each run isn't the end of the world for me. (I post each time i get something in this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767718149?page=1 )

There doesn't seem to be a problem with drops (it does happen just not as often as people would like), instead it is people who think they should be entitled to these items(xmog/pets/mounts) without having to put in time to do so. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER RARE ITEM IN THIS GAME, It's going to take time to get what you want but keep in mind this content is presumably supposed to last all expansion.

Not trying to come off as entitled, my bad if the previous post came off that way. I do enjoy expeditions as a whole; I've run just a little over what you have I think, but I've stayed between normal/heroic since I've heard from others they've had better success in farming seeing as they're more casual in difficulty/time.

My main feedback was on the drop rate for some of these items (considering the amount of potential stuff we have to loot and what little variation some have seen drop so far) and the possible use of all these extra dubloons to purchase maybe some of the low tier stuff later in the xpac's life.

I'll admit the expansion just released, so we're early into things. I guess I just haven't had close to the the same luck as you yet. I'm no stranger to grinding in MMOs

(Silchasruinn) #202
please give us an alternative to island expeditions for weekly ap soon. having to do them already sucks. a weekly like "complete 3 emissary quests" as an alternative would be chill.

(Kallistah) #203
I ran an expedition this morning, trying to finish the grind for the weekly before the reset. After about a minute into it I commented that our priest was afk, obviously not good since trying to 2 man it was not going to be fun or fast. The priest comes back and proceeds to curse me out and call me all kinds of names. I ignore and just continue on with the island, helping them kill the mobs because I want to get done ASAP.

Part way through I get zoned out. They decided to kick me, without any other comment as to why. aside from being cursed out. This gives you a 30m debuff and you cannot requeue. I was just BARELY able to finish in time after having to wait 30m because somebody went afk then cursed me out and kicked me out the expedition. I understand you aim to punish those who behave poorly or who queue and then leave immediately, but this feature is giving immense power to trolls to remove people and prevent them from completing content. I would definitely review vote kicking and the debuff, because it is punishing ungrouped players. In the ticket I opened, the GM admitted that he has had the same issue himself in dungeons and to bring it up on the forum here.

Something along the lines of maybe adding a reason that gets reviewed and if it's bogus you could add consequences for troll kicking people, only getting the debuff if you voluntarily leave, or only getting the debuff if you are kicked more than so many times in a time period.

(Nistras) #204
I just finished my Island Expeditions for the week (3 Mythics and a Heroic). The rewards for the islands seem minuscule compared to the effort/time required to complete those difficulties. I could do a Wanted WQ that takes 30sec to get the same reward. I understand that Islands are repeatable so their reward must be adjusted to discourage grinding but as one of the major features of this expansion I have found them to be lack luster.

Maybe you can tie them into the daily emissary requirements? That way I don't feel the need to bang out 4-5 in a row which really brings the failings of the system to the forefront. The Horde AI is fine and Sneaky Pete was a real stand out and for me at least broke the mold of what I would expect a NPC to do .

The Seafarer's Doubloon is a nice idea but the buffs you can get with them are uninteresting (flat stat buffs) or under powered. This week there is a Siege Engine Controller but the vehicle has around 300k HP and can be targeted by the mobs AoE near one shot abilities making it's suitability laughably small. Maybe make one of the consumables serve the same purpose of the beloved Bear Tatar. Or a zone action button similar to WoD.

Molten Cay was one of the islands we ran on Mythic and it was horribly overturned. The mobs were destroying our two melee within 2-3 hits. The Sea Giants that spawn in some of the Island's have an AoE nova that you need to run out of but only has a very faint outline to indicate the range. On my DK (The slowest of the slow) even if I react as the start of the cast I make it out with .2-.3 seconds to spare. The cast time needs to be increased or the range of the ability needs to be reduced. With that being said the cast time of quite a few abilities that hit for 80% of your life can stand to be increased to give the some of the slower melee time to react and move.

(Sazalla) #205
If you've done 150 and gotten 10 items this is a worse chance of getting something than getting Ashes of A'lar from Kael. That cannot be 'working as intended'. It took me 4 years of trying every week to get Ashes of Al'ar. If you've got 27 pets to gather and 5 mounts and you're not going to get something to drop in a reasonable amount of time it's going to last a heck of a lot longer than this whole expansion. Not even taking into account getting duplicates instead of new stuff, and that doesn't even count weapons and transmogs.

I have played since good ol' vanilla. I am not an entitled twerp, I have done the grinds... I did Timbermaw faction when it was HARD. I did Netherwing faction when it was hard. I did Ogri'la faction when it was hard... people can do these in a day now. It took me months and months... I am not an entitled whiner. That being said I don't think it's fair to hide so much desirable content behind a wall that is going to take YEARS of time to complete. Particularly a very BORING, TEDIOUS and horrible wall that is basically gimped up pvp. I have never liked pvp, I've avoided it most of the game as much as possible, and yet I still have SOME pvp rewards because I did the work. This though, this is too much.

My friend did the math and it will take at least a month of no sleeping, eating or stopping to get just HALF of the stuff possible in expeditions. You think that's a reasonable drop rate? Are you insane? I don't want to do expeditions non-stop to get some pets... as they are now, I don't even want to do one expedition a week! They are boring and to do all that work to get nothing at all as a reward is UNREWARDING <gasp>. Let us use these doubloons to buy rewards. Let us do World Quests to earn these rewards. Let us do SOMETHING that shows that progress is being made. People complained that RNG was bad in Legion... this is so very much worse. You have no guarantee of ever getting anything out of expeditions after playing hard for the time it takes. That is way too much RNG. Please hear us, Blizz... as it is, these are untenable.

(Moonpony) #206
08/28/2018 11:29 PMPosted by Sazalla
That being said I don't think it's fair to hide so much desirable content behind a wall that is going to take YEARS of time to complete. Particularly a very BORING, TEDIOUS and horrible wall that is basically gimped up pvp. I have never liked pvp, I've avoided it most of the game as much as possible, and yet I still have SOME pvp rewards because I did the work. This though, this is too much.

To clarify, this is NOT PvP. In fact it's about the farthest thing from it since you are playing against computer controlled AI.

My friend did the math and it will take at least a month of no sleeping, eating or stopping to get just HALF of the stuff possible in expeditions.

How can you do " the math" when you don't have a concrete idea of what the drop rate is even?

Let us use these doubloons to buy rewards. Let us do World Quests to earn these rewards. Let us do SOMETHING that shows that progress is being made.

Horrible idea, the whole point of something being rare or limited is that it's hard and/or impossible to get, and because of that it is special. Opening something like that up, speaks volumes of how spoiled people are. Remarks like that is why this game get's so much more dumbed down with each new expansion.

(Sazalla) #207
"The math" as presented by Moonpony of 150 trips to hell and 10 crumbs received.

And Moonpony writes, "Horrible idea, the whole point of something being rare or limited is that it's hard and/or impossible to get, and because of that it is special."

Which begs the question... were these items meant to be that rare? That special? If so then I will happily content myself to not bothering with them. But if they are, as I believe, merely treats to encourage us to play the game, then I feel the rate of treats vs. play required is grossly imbalanced. If I and other players make note of it by squeaking our wheels so to speak, then the problem is addressed and greased accordingly. If they feel in their wisdom that our squeaking is as you say just whining cuz "It B 2 Hard" then I'm sure they will ignore us and the matter will go away.

I believe my achievements speak for themselves as to my personal ability to jump in and get things done no matter how hard (all of them easily checked in the armory). I am not ashamed to say it right out loud that as they are now for me and my guild, Expeditions are too much work for too little reward. If you don't agree, well more power to you and enjoy your years of fun? to come.

(Kraittongue) #208
08/29/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Moonpony

Let us use these doubloons to buy rewards. Let us do World Quests to earn these rewards. Let us do SOMETHING that shows that progress is being made.

Horrible idea, the whole point of something being rare or limited is that it's hard and/or impossible to get, and because of that it is special. Opening something like that up, speaks volumes of how spoiled people are. Remarks like that is why this game get's so much more dumbed down with each new expansion.

I understand your point of view, but this really doesn't seem like a horrible idea to me. At least the "using dubloons as currency" part. I'd argue that you're still needing to grind for the currency to buy these drops. Even if it's just the lower tier green/blue pets or toys that are purchasable; say they cost hundreds of dubloons each... that's not going to come too quickly for most since dubloons themselves don't drop on every expedition. It would add another incentive to keep grinding on top of the bit of AP we get, as players would have a chance to eventually purchase something cosmetic they might want with their accumulating coins.

(Moonpony) #209
08/29/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Kraittongue

I understand your point of view, but this really doesn't seem like a horrible idea to me. At least the "using dubloons as currency" part. I'd argue that you're still needing to grind for the currency to buy these drops. Even if it's just the lower tier green/blue pets or toys that are purchasable; say they cost hundreds of dubloons each... that's not going to come too quickly for most since dubloons themselves don't drop on every expedition. It would add another incentive to keep grinding on top of the bit of AP we get, as players would have a chance to eventually purchase something cosmetic they might want with their accumulating coins.

I actually don't think that would be that bad when you put it that way. If it were just pets(and toys?), mostly because yes there are quite a few pet collectors who do certain content just for the pet rewards. As for using doubloons for the xmog/mounts though, definitely not, since at that point you may as well roll out a currency to allow people to buy all the old raid "rare" mounts, whose drop rates are significantly lower than for instance, pets that may drop from said old raid bosses.

(Trahlyta) #210
I am a bit confused with the IE's and what is said about how to go about it. I have done the intro and please don't bash me if this has been covered I just can't find were. I have completed the intro quest with Flynn, and even just gone and hit the table and queued for a IE by itself. However the only thing I can que for is a Normal one. I can't choose anything not even and island. It is as though the Table is still locked or my IE's are locked.... If I talk to Flynn who has a grey quest icon over his head he says to come back when I finish helping the horde, Well this is confusing what do I do?

(Ortholomus) #211
Reporting back that I ran 30-40 island expeditions tonight and did not get a single reward except dubloons. This makes 60 IEs total with nothing to show for it.

Please increase drop rates or make the rewards purchasable with dubloons.

(Moonpony) #212
08/30/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Trahlyta
I am a bit confused with the IE's and what is said about how to go about it. I have done the intro and please don't bash me if this has been covered I just can't find were. I have completed the intro quest with Flynn, and even just gone and hit the table and queued for a IE by itself. However the only thing I can que for is a Normal one. I can't choose anything not even and island. It is as though the Table is still locked or my IE's are locked.... If I talk to Flynn who has a grey quest icon over his head he says to come back when I finish helping the horde, Well this is confusing what do I do?

You might need better gear to sign up for other difficulties like heroic (295 ilvl), mythic (315 ilvl and party of 3), and PvP (295 ilvl and a party of 3) respectively. Also you don't specifically choose an island, it's all random.

(Sazalla) #213
Well Muffinus tweeted that the drop-rate had changed overnight so my band of three gave it a go this afternoon. We did 1 heroic and 3 normals and got more doubloons than we got previously and one of our members got a drop quest for rep which is more than we'd ever gotten, but it's still not terribly encouraging. We each got 1 bag of stuff though as opposed to no bags so... I'm on the fence. I wouldn't call it hugely better, but we only did 4, so it is somewhat better so... I dunno... more testing needed.

At least the normal is pretty quick and easy. Heroic took us 45 minutes to do against the Toshley station gnome group... that guy's mount is really really annoying by the way so well done on him ;D We got them again on normal and destroyed them quickly every time. Still no losses so there's that. I CAN say I would never ever do this in a PUG... that has to be really unfun. So take from that what you will, dear Feasel.

(Briarmane) #214
08/28/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Kallistah
I would definitely review vote kicking and the debuff, because it is punishing ungrouped players. In the ticket I opened, the GM admitted that he has had the same issue himself in dungeons and to bring it up on the forum here.

[/quote]

This happened to me and there was absolutely no reason for it. I was removed from a group about 3 minutes into the game, without a word. Why on earth should I get a debuff; I did nothing wrong! Either jerks are using this to troll or...I don't even know what. It ruined my evening, I logged to go do something else, but in the morning when I woke up I was still angry.

I'm very turned off by Island Expeditions due to this experience.

The drop rate is also poop, but I feel like I can't complain because I got a 325 mace BOE, which I use for healing.

(Fishbone) #215
The Azerite expeditions I think are too much for this crowd. Remove expeditions, insert world group quests that are super unique. IDK, just seems the expeditions are an overload.

(Hotfix) #216
I got matched into a group that was double healer. Apparently neither of us had a dps spec to fall back on, and my group members decided to vote kick me. This would only be annoying, but I also got the deserter debuff, which elevates the issue from annoying to obstructing.

Since people are kicking for composition, the matchmaking system should avoid double healer, double tank.

(Myspeld) #217
Finished an Island Expedition and get trapped in the instance after we won, I see a message saying that I am not in the instance's grorup and I will be teleported to the nearest graveyard in 5 seconds, the 5 seconds go by and the message resets and does it again, this has happened 3 times since the expansion launch and I am unable to play my character for about 5-10 minutes until I am finally teleported out of the instance, disabling addons does not do anything, logging off does not do anything, changing characters and then changing back does not do anything, clearing my cache does not do anything, deleting my interface and wtf does not do anything, trying to hearth does not do anything, trying to use the stuck option from help does not do anything, closing the game and bnet and restarting does not do anything. Every week I've had to deal with this and every week it has forced me to find a new pug group which tacks on even more time to finish my weekly, it's very frustrating.

(Vanysa) #218
Yeah I don't think I believe Muffinus if he said they buffed drop rates. I've run about 10 more (35 total) since I read that comment and still nothing but dubloons and a couple rep tokens (before or after).
If they did buff the drop rate it still needs fixing. By a lot.
PLEASE FIX, BLIZZARD

(Gaviin) #219
Not sure if this has come up before, but I think it would make sense to turn off equipment durability in island expeditions, including the 10% durability hit upon death. These things are far more pvp-like than pve, and without a guaranteed healing class, it's relatively easy to die, even when avoiding all mob mechanics.

(Moonpony) #220
09/01/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Gaviin
Not sure if this has come up before, but I think it would make sense to turn off equipment durability in island expeditions, including the 10% durability hit upon death. These things are far more pvp-like than pve, and without a guaranteed healing class, it's relatively easy to die, even when avoiding all mob mechanics.

I mean, the only way you die is if you stand in !@#$. a good 70% of abilities in IE's are 100% avoidable if you have some awareness. The other thing is, even in mythics assuming you are 3 dps comp you can survive most packs unless you grossly over-pull and try to just nuke it without popping a defensive, or if possible self heals of some sort.

Also I just realized you're a rogue, the one class with the best defensives in the game...If you're dying as a rogue you may want to stop trying to be a warrior and play like a rogue. Evasion and cloak only last so long, then when it's over if you haven't killed what's hitting you you're prolly gonna die.