(Yam) #181
These are one of the most boring things I've ever done in this game.
I see myself doing them for the weekly then forgetting about them.

(Sanosuke) #182
No reason to do Island Expeditions. They give absolutely no real reward, are time consuming and pointless. Having content gated behind this is also a complete bull!@#$ move.

(Seriouslee) #183
The counter was stuck I had to leave one just now.

(Ortholomus) #184
How are we supposed to complete the "All I wanted was Pets" achievement when literally the only thing IE is realistically giving is AP and dubloons?

Seriously, there are like 30 pets listed. The IEs are time consuming and out of my entire guild and my friends in game, no one has gotten any rewards after capping AP past 2 weeks.

(Marzanna) #185
08/22/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Ortholomus
How are we supposed to complete the "All I wanted was Pets" achievement when literally the only thing IE is realistically giving is AP and dubloons?

Seriously, there are like 30 pets listed. The IEs are time consuming and out of my entire guild and my friends in game, no one has gotten any rewards after capping AP past 2 weeks.

1000000 times this! I've done probably close to 60 ( i lost count) and I've received one pet... which from the sounds of it is more than most... I get I'm not going to get one every time I win, but jfc this is ridiculous!

(Moktani) #186
Seems like loot is tuned way too low. My wife and I did five because she wanted to get some of the pets. Together, all we received is 14 coins, which apparently can't be spent on anything interesting.

(Kraittongue) #187
I've run a embarrassing amount of these expeditions in hopes of farming mostly transmog/pets along with a little AP, but outside of the first 4 I ran, I have yet to receive any substantial reward besides dubloon bags.

My only 2 pets so far dropped after just my second and fourth runs at launch, which had me in high hopes. I stopped just after that to get to max level before starting up again. Since then I've just been amassing coins. I figured I just had bad rng (which is usual for me) but it seems like it's affecting a much bigger portion of people.

Maybe there could be a way for us to eventually purchase some of these drops with the dubloons we collect? Not saying it has to come cheap, or that every item has to be available outside of drops, but currently we have a few spells to purchase from the vendor each week which I've only seldom seen used, and at the current drop rate players are bound to one day be sitting on a good amount of dubloons with no desire to spend them all

(Bestmlspa) #188
Hello,

My friends and I who love PVP did Island Ex PVP for the first time yesterday AND WE LOVED IT. MY DREAM OF MENDING PVP WITH PVE HAS COME TRUE AT LAST!

Blues,

Please know that the IE's are incredible and the best thing since mythic +. All that needs to be added to make it an entirely new E-SPORT:

1. Better Incentives
2. Scaling Mythic Difficulty (+1,+2..+20)
3. MMR and CR Rating System for the PVP side (This would be incredible)

IE's (especially PVP) should be treated as an entirely new platform like arenas. The tournament viewership ability is much higher than arenas! The viewers can easily understand what is going on.

Please Blizzard, keep your focus on IE's. Don't listen to the cry babies saying "they suck" because they are so wrong. If we can get the three items listed above implemented we will have yet another variation of e-sport coming from this incredible game.

If you respond to this post I might just cry with joy.

(Cataclysym) #189
add me to the list of completely pointless content after you hit late teens early twenties with your heart of azeroth the 2500 weekly bonus isnt' worth the hassle of this chaotic zero structure gating device i agree with above posts we need incentive to do them not requirements that force us into them.... maybe consider making the weekly incentive scale based on level of YOUR personal heart of azeroth..

(Milksupply) #190
Reward drop rare is really bad :(

(Solarhands) #191
I have been loving expeditions since beta and even more-so now with the higher difficulties. I love the PVP difficulty however a major issue I have been discovering in it is the spawn location of your ship. Due to how the islands are designed certain things such as rares, azerite clusters and quests spawn in almost the same spot each time. This would be fine however sometimes the opposing team's ship (or your ship if you're lucky) will spawn within metres of these spawns giving the team an overwhelming advantage over you. Should you kill them to take their rares/bags etc. They just respawn and run back from there ship which is immensely close so you can only fight them so many times.

I would really like a change to the spawn points to prevent this advantage.

I also wish the drop rate of rare items was increased as I dont think I will ever get those achieves for the meta!!!!

(Thës) #192
I actually liked the expeditions, however as many have stated the rewards are currently garbage. Aoe a bunch of groups, for 15 to 20 mins, get very little azerite power from it. Even doing the weekly only for the bonus doesnt feel like it would do enough to the necklace. If it gave a guaranteed lvl increase it would feel better.

Also the main reason I am doing them, like many others, is just for the pets. Thats pretty much all I really care to do with limited time frame (pet collecting). I ran 14 normal, 1 heroic so far with 0 pets. Ill be done with these until something is fixed. Not sure why they dont add them to the rares on the island loot drops, would seem like a much easier way of handling them

(Charax) #193
The low drop rates on anything interesting bums me out.

Really at the end of the day its just do your weekly and never reque cause its currently not worth the time investment into the mode.

This mode is currently leaving a sour taste in alot of players because it was one of the selling points of the expansion but it's just a useless filler that'll get abandoned if it doesn't get changed.

I rate it 2/10 right now until reward structures get fixed.

(Hotspot) #194
I've done 28 mythic island expeditions and so far I have got 1 spiritbough gloves and 1 pet.

(Vengyrr) #195
These are absolutely garbage.

Essentially no reward for the effort you put in, aside from the weekly azerite bonus. Mobs take forever to die, just absolute trash to play.

I was looking forward to these after seeing them fairly heavily promoted for BFA. But instead they're just boring trash that gives you nothing. At this rate I don't even think I'll be farming these for the mounts cause I hate them so much.

(Billybowtox) #196
Ditto on a waste of time. It's better to dazzle players with rewards from the jump with new content, rather than to build hype only to let us down. Great concept but awful execution. ZERO incentive to play this.

(Vey) #197
08/21/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Sanosuke
No reason to do Island Expeditions. They give absolutely no real reward, are time consuming and pointless. Having content gated behind this is also a complete bull!@#$ move.

This, plus the content itself is not exciting in the least. You guys seriously dropped the ball with this "feature."

(Moonpony) #198
08/23/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Kraittongue
I've run a embarrassing amount of these expeditions in hopes of farming mostly transmog/pets along with a little AP, but outside of the first 4 I ran, I have yet to receive any substantial reward besides dubloon bags.

My only 2 pets so far dropped after just my second and fourth runs at launch, which had me in high hopes. I stopped just after that to get to max level before starting up again. Since then I've just been amassing coins. I figured I just had bad rng (which is usual for me) but it seems like it's affecting a much bigger portion of people.

Maybe there could be a way for us to eventually purchase some of these drops with the dubloons we collect? Not saying it has to come cheap, or that every item has to be available outside of drops, but currently we have a few spells to purchase from the vendor each week which I've only seldom seen used, and at the current drop rate players are bound to one day be sitting on a good amount of dubloons with no desire to spend them all
Embarrassing amount as in?

I've run 150-ish of these in mythic and i've gotten 10 things, mostly just do it to grind ap, so not getting something each run isn't the end of the world for me. (I post each time i get something in this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767718149?page=1 )

There doesn't seem to be a problem with drops (it does happen just not as often as people would like), instead it is people who think they should be entitled to these items(xmog/pets/mounts) without having to put in time to do so. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER RARE ITEM IN THIS GAME, It's going to take time to get what you want but keep in mind this content is presumably supposed to last all expansion.

(Vanysa) #199
I've run 20 so far and nothing. I've read of people getting only a couple rep tokens from 65 runs. Some people get super lucky but it sounds like most people are having issues with the drop rates. I don't care if it's a grind but this is absurd. Please fix the drop rates or make the items purchasable with the Dubloons. There are dozens and dozens of rewards here with a horrible drop rate. It'd be one thing if it were just a single mount you had to keep running for. But the fact that there is so, so much here to get (mounts, pets, toys, tmog, achievements) with such little chance to get it is incredibly frustrating.
Please fix, Blizzard.

(Dorgon) #200
Battle res is incredibly strong in island expeditions (only talking pvp). I just faced a warlock/druid/death knight comp with three battle reses. It's presence in pvp invalidates any class that does not have such an incredibly powerful pvp ability from the expedition meta. Please consider disabling this.