I have a feeling they’ve given just about all the attention to us that we’re gonna get for the time being… It’d be awfully nice to be wrong, but…

2 Likes

I sincerely hope you are wrong as well :slight_smile: I mean the tree needs polishing, we need work done on MM and SV and above all we need a lot of work done on all three hero talent trees.

Also, would be nice to get pets changed. Let us bring the pet we want, not the pet specialization!

Oh and dual-wield for SV! Then I am a happy hunter.

7 Likes

I feel like having Kill Command work off Viper’s Venom would feel better than Raptor/Mongoose.

And tripling down on the pet stuff. Can Surv also get a change to Don’t Look Back in Sentinel to give our pet a shield too? The other 2 Hero Talent trees have pretty substantial pet sustain with Den Recovery and Smoke Screen.

To add to the many voices already, please bring back Pet Trees/Spec Swapping. The current system means we can’t use 2/3s of our pets which makes no sense.

9 Likes

SV really doesn’t need much more…literally the only thing left is finding a more elegant spot in the gameplay loop for mongoose fury.

we do NOT need more talents impacting kill command it already has more than 10 things tying to it.

6 Likes

Continuing the discussion from The War Within Pre-Expansion PTR Development Notes:

Thank you.
I did notice something though that Frenzy Strikes use the read as follows

Butchery reduce the remaining cooldown on Wildfire Bomb by 1 sec and the remaining cooldown of Flanking Strike by 1 sec for each target hit, up to 5.

Then the Change to Flanking Stike happened and so was Frenzy Strikes to this

Butchery reduces the remaining cooldown on Wildfire Bomb by 1.0 sec for each target hit, up to 5.

Now that Flanking Strike has been reverted, I was wondering if Frenzy Strikes Butchery’s cooldowns to Flanking Strike Will be added back too?

In all fairness there was never a mention to reverting Frenzy Strikes Butchery back to add the extra cooldown to Flanking Strike
I am curious though is this an intentional design choice or has just not been implemented yet?
But to be honest, there is a little part of me thats thinking “Did they just forget?”

Any kind of clarification of this would be appreciated.
Thank you.

5 Likes

That is an excellent idea!!!
Count me in for this. :smiley:
I like that its not a Buff you “cast” on everyone before you engage, but a debuff you apply passively during combat by hitting things similar to how Monks apply Mystic Touch.

4 Likes

Yeah, but raptor strike has been pushed far down our priority list, makes it feel weird to throw a raptor strike in just to get serpent sting going. How bout Contagious Reagents allow Wildfire Bombs to apply Serpent Sting instead of spreading it with Raptor.

The less I have to melee the better :man_shrugging:

Sounds like Survival isn’t the spec for you then.

8 Likes

Sentinel is at least serviceable. Lunar Storm can move with targets when Blizz? Feels like Night Fae all over again.

Pack Leader is 100% passive and thematically boring in it’s current state. It can’t be both Blizz.

Dark Ranger is just a flat out let down from top to bottom. It’s only saving grace is Smoke Screen. Just one example of thematic flare they could have added is change Disengages animation to phase you backwards in a whirling cloud of dark mist.

Dark Ranger should have been the easiest W for Blizzard as it stands no one is going to even bother with it.

I miss when you could just pick which specialty your pet was (aside from Spirit Beasts) I don’t know why they ever got rid of that option…

12 Likes

Don’t play a melee spec if you don’t want to melee I don’t know what to tell you lol

RS is always down on our priority list. You still need to press it because otherwise you’re just wasting a TON of focus and damage.

huh?? how is pack leader 100% passive but sentinel isn’t? lol

1 Like

Hello,

This is my feedback regarding the Dark hounds Dark ranger talent in PVP .

The dark hounds help the hunter’s enemy more than they help the hunter in many PVP situations - their damage is extremely low, and they provide the enemy with a hittable target for death strike, bloodthirst, generating combo points, etc.

In all situations when I normally make my pet passive/follow, to not allow the enemy to hit it for whatever reason, there is now the possibility of dark hound doing the exact opposite.

Either make dark hounds do considerable damage so their downsides are justified, or make it a choice node with something else so I don’t have to deal with them as MM

Thank you

9 Likes

I’m not sure why you didnt read that I said in df, not tww.

I’m ecstatic about all the new and improved defensives we have.

I’m not happy about the long heal cds.

see, especially in PVP, it’s way too long, especially in light of the fact the most other dps classes either heal on demand or have 30s or shorter cds in their heals.

this is made worse now that warriors are getting their perma passive percent heal when low health amongst the other heals they get

I know that Sentinel is 100% passive as well, It at the minimum has Lunar Storm as a visual. My point is that 100% passive with zero thematic elements (Pack Leader) is just bad.

4 Likes

I like it though, for all the aspects that aren’t melee. I don’t know what to tell you, it’s funny how the closer the spec gets to WoD design the more fun it is, even if I have to carry around a stick.

And the Serpent Sting talents feel bad that it’s like built to be used 15s seconds after the fight starts. It also feels weird with 1m CA to need to hold it to use our bombs then cast CA and start the burst window.

The Serpent Sting changes just feel weird, going from our aoe application being bombs to now when we spend we can click it a few times to throw out +2 +2 +2 targets, I’d imagine in a 10 mob fight we wouldn’t really ever naturally apply it to all at the same time with the new 12 sec duration.

Then you’ll have to get over the fact that it’s a melee spec, will stay a melee spec, and you will need to melee.

merciless blows + contagious reagents spreads it to 9 targets in 2 gcds. that’s way more than volatile bomb did.

5 Likes

Since Blizzard is reviewing raid buffs recently, once again, our Hunter’s Mark raid buff needs to be modernized by increasing the first and last 20% HP increased by 5% damage taken, and preferably this becomes an aura/debuff like Monk’s Mystic Touch or Monk’s DF avoidance/healing taken aura so we can lighten up on 1 more button that universally isn’t fun or satisfying to press. The last 20% increased damage helps ensure it’s useful of raid bosses that start below 100% HP as we’ll encounter in the first raid. It also fits with the execute theme of Kill Shot and Unnatural Causes.
If we’re stuck with Hunter’s Mark being a button, make it a 30y radius debuff aura on a target with specifically the marked target taking increased crit damage. Not only would this continue the Hunter theme of marking a prey, but it also makes tabbing targeting to the priority mob less annoying/urgent in M+ before its value diminishes.
Even an increased crit chance & damage 1h raid buff would synergize well with all 3 hunter specs decently.

My only other primary concern at this stage is oddly bloated the class tree is with purely PvP/niche talents that provide no usability in PvE. I doubt these change much at this point but it’s worth pointing out:

• Ghillie Suit is janky to play around in PvE, especially with DoTs keeping us in combat. This node should also allow us to camouflage in combat - mages already have this with their invisibility.
  • Revise Roar of Sacrifice to protect a target from all damage types, not just critical strikes, to become a 10% DR for a party member. Alternatively, move this talent into the PvP talent section.
  • Kindling Flare has 0 usage in PvE and we rarely use flare as is in dungeons. I’ve tested most dungeons on Beta and don’t recall Flare being useful at all - never mind keeping targets exposed for an extra 3s.
  • Scare Beast - Might as well drag this in here as it now has no usage in PvE either and is further devalued due to cast time and focus usage. This node needs to be removed or replaced with something similar to Priest/DK’s ability to temporarily control a beast so it may see some usage in the future.
  • Quick Load - Pretty niche and won’t really have much impact or usage in PvE.
  • Territorial Instincts - This talent node is pretty much just for MM to use Intimidate - might as well bake it into Lone Wolf.

Great read on the other remaining issues:

28 Likes

BM feedback

Can we get a choice node with barbed wrath that just reduces Bestial Wrath by 30 seconds so it more accurately lines up with other cds.

4 points to presume that you’d hit the same targets with ur two RSs after ur Butcherys with your cleave in 4* globals and then those serpent strings spread to different targets in the clump lol, and then you’re doing that and competing with the insanity that is Grenade Juggler and general wildfire bomb damage.

I’d rather just apply serpent sting with RS then have some bomb cause a contagion or something.

For somebody who is me we dont seem to agree on much lol.

I was so looking forward to playing Dark Ranger, but it seems the consensus is unanimous that it is really bad.

10 Likes