Going to make a quick post addressing Binding Shot before making a follow-up post.

We still feel like a root that doesn’t break from damage is not a good thing to have in the game, because it’s not at all clear why it works differently than other roots. That said, Binding Shot is a powerful tool Hunters have to manage some situations where you want to both do high damage to a group of enemy targets, as well as have control over their ability to chase you.

We’re changing Binding Shot from a root that breaks on damage to a 3 second stun.

There are some other minor Hunter changes we wanted to discuss, but wanted to address Binding Shot specifically.

48 Likes

the turn around was so fast and appreciated, ty :blue_heart: :pray:

25 Likes

Thank you!

15 Likes

I really appreciate the team taking our feedback here. I know the hunter community can be…passionate, but that change had a much bigger impact than I think they realized so I really do appreciate that we were heard and changes were made.

11 Likes

This is a good compromise between what players wants and what the game developers wants.

6 Likes

There’s some other minor Hunter changes coming in a future build, and we also wanted to talk about the new Lesser Dragonkin pet family.

Class Tree:

• Improved Traps and Rejuvenating Wind should actually have their places swapped. Really this time.
  • Concussive Shot will now replace Wing Clip, and no longer requires a ranged weapon.
  • Wing Clip Focus cost reduced by 10. This was a rank 2 upgrade that was incorrectly not baked into Wing Clip.
  • Fortitude of the Bear should have all of its interactions properly setup now with Command Pet, tenacity pets, as well as Lone Wolf Marksmanship Hunters.
    • The Kindred Beasts PvP talent has also been updated to work with Fortitude of the Bear.

Lesser Dragonkin
As some of you may have noticed, there’s a new pet family you can tame creatures from, the Lesser Dragonkin.

• Lesser Dragonkin are a Ferocity pet.
  • Lesser Dragonkin have a new pet family ability, Shimmering Scales. This reduces your pet’s magic damage taken by 70% for 8 seconds, on a 90 second cooldown.
  • Cloud Serpents have had their pet family changed from Serpents to Lesser Dragonkin, but the ability to tame Cloud Serpents has not been changed in any way.
  • Lesser Dragonkin taming is currently planned to be a reward from the Valdrakken faction.
  • Lesser Dragonkin includes creatures like the new Hornswogs from Dragonflight, or the Feathered Drakes in Ardenweald, or even some of the Faerie Dragons in places like Feralas.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

24 Likes

There’s a rather large elephant in the room, hope that gets addressed soon.

Binding Shot change is disappointing but a stun is better than nothing.

Have a great weekend.

36 Likes

Again, not to beat a dead horse…

But please speak on hunter utility… Whether intended for party or raid. Plans with Sentinel and so on… It’s been weeks since this (NYI) talent was introduced and has been followed up with nothing.

23 Likes

thanks!

It’s always exciting when a new pet family is added, thanks for the breakdown.

y-you too.

See you next week when you and the team grace us with our very own version of Battle Shout or Mystic Touch. :pray:

11 Likes

Thank you for this change, I appreciate it but I’m still going to be heavily negative here with nessings still not getting a single word of feedback on, and on top of that the hunter utility is still non-existent. I’d love to see hunters mark made into something actually useful , referring to my other feedback on it. Thanks

11 Likes

Compromises is good rather the players likes it or not it has to happen because it’s literally impossible to please everyone in the hunter community as a whole.

But I do like it when the game developers take their time and explain their reasoning to every decisions they make and of course to the feedback.

3 Likes

Aside from those found on Draenor, which are a different species, the Faerie Dragons on Azeroth are a sapient species, so they really shouldn’t be tamable.

3 Likes

Fantastic news about what will be in the new Family. Thanks so very much for the update! :smiley: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Why can’t it work like Ursol’s Vortex?

8 Likes

Core tree; add a Binding Shot Choice node of having it either stun OR suck mobs back in like Vortex/Warrior spear. (one of which has a longer CD maybe?)

Also take away so many 2 point nodes and add Wailing arrow and max focus increase talents to the core tree (remove them from spec tree?)

Maybe also swap the positions of Alpha Predator choice node with Improved Kill command. swap Steel trap with Nesingwary’s, and swap Explosive choice node with Bolas. 2 point nodes on the bottom make it a choice whether you put in 1 or 2 points and we can choose how much piano playing button bloat we want or not want. This gives us more choice of how to play without being rail roaded by gateway 2 point nodes

3 Likes

Perhaps Binding Shackles could be remade into making the root not break on damage, or on a high damage threshold. Seems to fit with the talent name and would provide justification for it being unbreakable vs other roots.

So by default its a 3s stun, but if you take binding shackles it makes it a root that doesnt break. I would take that choice because I wouldn’t want to have DR on binding shot and intimidation.

Seems like a fair solution and also solves the problem of binding shackles being lackluster. Just get rid of it and have players choose between the root or the stun.

6 Likes

Also can Artic Bola get replaced? It serves no purpose other than a damage proc, and that proc would be cooler with a different spell effect and name. Cluster Munitions fits better with explosive shot and would look a lot cooler as well. Just scale down the explosive shot spell effect.

I’m sick of seeing this dinky snowball every so often. I want that bounce proc to go off like a 40mm grenade.

3 Likes

Neat, with this change Binding Shot has gone from being a worse Mass Entanglement to a worse Shadowfury (smaller radius, requires enemies to be moving meaning it can be used to stop casters, same stun duration). If it was 5 seconds like it used to be I could understand, since that would make it the longest AoE stun in the game but with an activation condition. Are you going to bring back the MoP tech of letting it stun people on the very edge of it when you cast it even if they aren’t moving?

13 Likes

I don’t know what it is, at this point of leveling up my BM Hunter, it feels half empty. Still fun, but like its missing something. Maybe I need more time to get used to the new changes. I have mained a BM hunter ever since wrath and for the most part always felt pretty good no matter what the meters and number cruncher have said.

5 Likes

It serves exactly the purpose most people want it to serve since we asked for talents like these in the tree to disincentive players from picking too many active ‘press and forget’ buttons to reduce the insane button bloat and boring gameplay they bring.

In fact, MM still has issues with said button bloat when specing into a potential M+/aoe build and it needs more work. Buttons like Explosive shot/Barrage and even Death Chakrams aren’t that fun to press and just bloat the rotation. There’s also the issue of there not being enough choice at the bottom of the class tree, you can’t escape not picking Death Chakrams in any scenario.

6 Likes