The survival conduits exist. Blizzard just forgot to put them on the vendor.

1 Like

Probably figured nobody would notice because, well, you know.

3 Likes

Soulforged Embers nerfed from 150% to 35% oof…

3 Likes

That legendary absolutely needed to be nerfed. It’s a good thing because it will highlight how everything else is wrong. I’d much rather have a class that can hold by itself rather than rely on a crutch.

I feel like they didn’t need to hit it as hard in Torghast however.

7 Likes

Oh yeah that nerf was totally warranted, but I think maybe they went a bit overboard. Though I’m sure it’ll be tuned again at some point

A hotfix is on the way to remove an incorrect additional -50% Focus Regen modifier for Survival Hunters. After this change Survival Hunters should be back to 5.0 Focus/sec, before Haste.

32 Likes

When will we see more changes to hunters?

20 Likes

Thank you very much for this change!

Is there anything further in the works for MM Trueshot? As-is, it requires us to take the legendary that decreases focus costs by 30% while in Trueshot in order to make full use of the cooldown similar to how it works on BFA with the old school Master Marksman.

I have several suggestions:

1. Precise Shots decreases the Focus cost of Arcane Shot, Chimaera Shot, and Multi-Shot by 10 while the buff is active.
  2. Trueshot has an effect baked in that makes Precise Shot affected abilities free of Focus cost during its duration.

Something along those lines would immensely help MM out with its cooldown feeling usable. As-is, we do not have enough focus and have to ignore Precise Shots during Trueshot. Is this the intended way of using the cooldown? Also, is there any plan to take a look at Focus costs of talented abilities now that our core rotation uses up more Focus?

11 Likes

Suggestion 3: stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just make Trueshot grant haste. That fixes the focus issues, it fixes the Aimed Shot charge capping issues, it fixes how bad Rapid and Steady feel to cast during it, it fixes us ignoring Precise Shots charges during Trueshot. It fixes just about all of the pile of issues with Trueshot.

Seriously, the ability as it stands now is trying to ad-hoc provide some (but not all) of the benefits of haste, without actually granting haste. It speeds up AiS’s cast time, and speeds up its CD, but it doesn’t impact the GCD (which is a problem with Dead Eye), it doesn’t speed up the cast time of anything else, and it doesn’t impact our focus regen, leaving us with serious focus starvation issues.

It’s an overcomplicated mess that would be much simpler and much better mechanically if it just granted straight up haste.

8 Likes

#MakeCobraShot35FocusAgain

4 Likes

To increase the impact of “Mortal Wounds” and similar healing reduction effects in PvE situations, we’re doubling the magnitude of these effects against non-player enemies. The value of these effects will remain the same against players.

Warrior, Hunter, Monk

• Mortal Wounds now reduces healing taken by 50% (25% against players).

Rogue

• Wound Poison now reduces healing taken by 8% per stack (4% against players).

Warlock

• Mortal Cleave/Legion Strike now reduces healing taken by 20% (10% against players).
4 Likes

Erm, great. Can we get a 6th pet ability to replace the removed purge? Pet types that had the purge just simply don’t have a family ability, last I checked. Maybe a pet-based clone of Curse of Tongues? We already have MS and a snare, a cast speed slow will fill a similar niche of reasonably useful but definitely not mandatory utility.

3 Likes

OK, and some… Actual changes? Bugfixes? Our pathetic legendaries? The non-functional Night Fae covenant ability? Anything at all? I feel like I’m yelling into the void here.

5 Likes

This is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming build.

5 Likes

What is not functional about it?

4 Likes

It doesn’t work with abilities sourced from the pet. Typically, this means things like Kill Command (for SV) won’t work with it.

1 Like

Here is a write up of the Wild Spirits (presumable) bugged functionality https://github.com/SimCMinMax/WoW-BugTracker/issues/526

13 Likes

The presumed bug (issue) here is that conditionally AOE spells or spells with custom targeting (like Serpent Sting with Hydra’s Bite or Wildfire Bomb and its Wildfire Infusion alternatives) trigger the single target version of the proc (spell id 328523 ) even when they hit multiple targets. The expectation is that they trigger the AOE version of the proc in this case (spell id 328757 ), which is triggered by regular AOE spells.

Addendum, but not bug:
Adding to that, pet abilitues such as Kill Command, Bloodshed, Dire Beast etc do not trigger Wild Spirits on the target, which is probably not a bug - but does mean that it’s nigh useless for the more pet oriented specializations of Beast Mastery and Survival.

8 Likes

Incoming wave of hunter replies of issues from discord.

Bug being fixed as in those pets will simply have one of the other 5 pet family abilities (and thus 60% of pet families will have defensives)? Or fixed as in a new different ability will take the place of that purge? Please let it be the latter.

3 Likes