Ok my “luke-warm” take:

• New Raid: Aberus, the Shadowed Crucible
    Sounds quite interesting but I cannot comment on anything until more storyline is released. I hope there is a heap of it in 10.0.7 (I have not been on PTR since DF Beta). I am really not a story line complainer but I have been enjoying this expansion and would love to be a little ahead of the curve when it comes to new zones and what the primal bois are up to.

• New Tier Sets
    As a Warlock I am pretty pretty happy with most of it. I feel like certain classes are not easily identifiable but I don’t think it is a bad thing. DK, Priest, Paladin, and the “Shredder” rogue are my favorites.

• New Dragonriding Customizations
    New dragonriding drake looks good and is a nice new model, glad to see no rehashed models were used.

• Season 2 Mythic+ Dungeons
    I am a big fan of Freehold, Nelth, but not so much Underrot and I missed Vortex Pinnacle since I was away during Cata. But, to be honest I would trade any of the 4 to get rid of Court of Stars.
    The new M+ Dungeons are going to be interesting. I have minor concerns about Brackenhide, anyone miss Kyrian vials yet? I am interested to see path options for Nelth Lair. Uldaman and Halls are pretty linear and won’t have much option.

• Cross-Faction Guilds
    As a guild recruiter I am VERY excited for this. This will nearly double our recruitment pool on our server but what we really need is an update to the guild recruitment tool. Give me the ability to search cross faction and server, server transfers are a normal thing these days and most times it’s required to find a community that fits your needs.

• Updated Roadmap
    Honestly, this is nice to see but not consequence to me personally. I do know guildies that wanted to leave the game because this wasn’t a normal Blizzard thing but they are mostly unable to please anyway.

In the long run I think things looks very promising, and for anyone upset about tier set aesthetics be happy it is not just another recolor.

1 Like

For the most part I’m super excited!

Cross-faction guilds are going to be a huge hit in my Horde guild. We have lots of players who’ve been wanting to play an Alliance race for a long time. We’ve been so envious of Night Elves who can Shadowmeld in mythic+, or Dwarves with their amazing defensive racial. Now we can finally play them.

As for the new zone, I’m actually crazy excited to be able to just fly in there through the tunnel with no loading screen. I don’t know why it works so well for me, but being able to cross zones with no loading screen (even though I can tell I’m being zoned because my dragonriding abilities lag during the transition) is so much more immersive and enjoyable than going through a portal and seeing a loading screen. Plus I love dragonriding. Having an underground zone where we can dragonride is perfect.

New raid, seems fine, don’t know much about it yet really.

Mythic+ dungeons–seems like a good set. I’m excited about Vortex Pinnacle because I love the aesthetic, and also there’s a bit of nostalgia because I used to farm some sort of elemental air there back in Cata. Maybe it could drop a bit of rousing air for us at the end along with the other loot, just as a fun throwback?

Tier sets, yes please, some of these are visually the best I’ve seen in a while. Though I play Evoker, so I’m disappointed I can’t see more of my mog on my character in dragon form. The shadowflame look is amazing. I will be farming every shadowflame appearance I can get my hands on. As for the tier set bonuses, seems like a mixed bag so far. The Preservation Evoker one seems pretty good, while Devastation seems powerful but maybe boring, I don’t see it changing gameplay at all.

The upgrade system, while it took me a little while to fully understand, I think will work very well. The main benefit for me is that I run keys up to low 20’s but only heroic raid. Right now most heroic raid loot is useless for me long-term as it all gets replaced by higher item level m+ and crafted gear. But in 10.1 it’ll have more value for me as I can upgrade it like mythic+ gear. I’m excited about that.

The system is a little complicated but doesn’t seem to have many “gotchas” like the crafting system did. Like in crafting you could make early mistakes that put you behind for a very long time. I don’t see any such traps with this loot system. Just run the highest level content you can, get gear, and upgrade it, and it’ll work out. The only possible trap I can think of is if someone farms a +2 key 40 times to get their BIS trinket because they don’t understand they can’t upgrade a trinket from a +2 all the way.

Agreed, hopefully this loosening of restrictions will bring balance to the factions. I’d very much like to see the developers continuing in this direction, that feels like the future to me.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about this. Obviously I’m Pro-cross faction, but I wonder what the implications on faction balance will be

2 Likes

We have at least 5 people in our guild, myself included, who are planning on being alliance probably before 10.1 in preparation for cross faction guild chat at this point. A lot of us were alliance but came back, because no shared officer chat or guild chat felt terrible.

There’s another guild my friend is a part of, and with a quick tally in his discord he thinks their raid is going to be dominantly alliance for mythic. That’s yet to be seen if people swap or if the guild changes factions.