I don’t know if it is the color, the change from bar to icon fill, or the shapes, but something about the new dragon riding UI is really difficult to keep track of to see if I have enough/will have enough vigor. The old one was easier to watch. Might consider some options to change color/shape and maybe a toggle for a bar fill at the bottom (like the old one) or icon fill.

More options is better

3 Likes

I love Dragon riding.

I can see how some players are frustrated with the learning curve but once you get your first 10 points it becomes a blast. Even at that early level of progression I never feel like I run out of Vigor before I get to my target location and I never feel like I’m waiting around doing nothing.

I’d comment to all who say they just want old flying to keep at it and I think you’ll join the rest of us who love this new system.

2 Likes

Yes, please bring back the bar, it was a lot easier to track regen that way.

6 Likes

I really like dragon riding; As far as the race goes I prefer when the paths is already pre-determined. I dislike the ones you only have 5 secs to observe where the circles are and start to ride. I don’t think the circles you have to go through changes from time to time and limiting the time you’ve got to choose the best path is just an annoyance that will push ppl to create addon just to direct you the best direction you should go for the 1st circle choice than 2nd… I think being allowed to have a map to let you plan your own route and just add the arrows on the fly would make those race more interesting to me. I like just flying with the direction already pre-determine. Let me choose my path before the race start and give me the choice to play with the tools the more standard race offer.

This weeks beta build has changed the speed of how fast you pitch up/down for whatever reason. Very weird feeling, any dev to comment on why the change? Multiple guildies including myself noticed something “off” about the feeling of dragon riding instantly and then only took a few minutes to realize it was the pitch up/down speed. Doesn’t feel good.

There needs to be a toggle in the sound settings to completely disable the new dragon riding sounds aka obnoxious constant wind sound and the vigor recharging chime, otherwise some one please make an addon that kills these things.

Hello Dragonriders!

With the latest build, we wanted to call out a few things:

• We’ve adjusted the default sensitivity of the pitch up/down keys while Dragonriding.
    • For those wanting to customize this further, you can now adjust the sensitivity of the pitch keys during Dragonriding by typing “/console dragonRidingPitchSensitivity 1” in the chat window. DragonRidingPitchSensitivity scales from 1 to 10 and supports decimals
  • When uncollected, glyphs shine much more brightly
  • You can now shift click dragonriding mounts in the Mount Journal and share your dragon with customizations via chat link.
6 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed in the beta (esp in the dungeon w/the riding) is that dragon riding doesn’t let you off the mount when you cast a spell or use an ability like normal mounts - hopefully this isn’t a limitation of “vehicle” and is something that can be adjusted to work like a normal mount.

5 Likes

is it possible to have the pitch keys be bound to the same keys as movement I only have one working arm and dragonriding is nearly impossible to move and use abilities

4 Likes

There is a setting called something like “auto dismount in flight”, it will dismount you automatically when casting/using abilities.

1 Like

This is NOT the answer. Since the dragonriding action bar replaces Action bar #1, if you try to use/cast any of your spells/abilities from that action bar while still mounted…you do NOT dismount, you invoke whatever drake ability is on that bar number. If there is NO drake ability in that slot, nothing happens.

3 Likes

Please include the option to use our older dragon mounts and the option to use the old style flying, myself and a growing number of people do not enjoy dragonriding at all and are not interested in this mini-game at all.

The system feels horrible and is like riding a vehicle in wow which i know not a soul prefers over riding a mount.
Dragonriding doesnt even feel like your on a mount, its a vehicle that does NOT feel fun to play.

2 Likes

Hello again Dragonriders!

Another dragon glyph improvement worth mentioning:

• When near an uncollected dragon glyph and on a Dragon Isles drake, you’ll gain a buff called “Dragon Glyph Resonance”, displaying the distance to the relevant uncollected dragon glyph
6 Likes

Hey, Greyton… is there a glyph for “mac users can do dragon riding quest without locking up the game and bricking the character’s progression” yet? Because that would be super helpful.

3 Likes

Wonderful new addition, doesn’t exactly tell us where it is but at least alerts us that maybe we should slow down and explore that area of the skies a bit more.

Just drag a couple of your opener abilities/instant cast abilities onto that bar, works like a charm to auto-dismount you.

2 Likes

I hope for more quality of life stuff before launch.

What I mean by Quality of Life like placing the glyphs on the map.

Would it be possible to have an item added to the beta environment that ‘wipes’ all obtained dragon glyphs so we can experience this feature (and practice our speed gathering of them all for when DF goes live)? I’d be very interested to see how close you need to be to start the tracking interface, particularly for the two ‘hard to find’ ones at mirror of the sky and brackenhide hollow.

2 Likes

I do hope the dragonriding tutorial is in depth and tell the players everything they need to know like a “101” type of style.

1 Like

Remove the whole “Are you sure you want to take this talent” from dragon riding - sure it might be relevant (but not really) from the ones where you have choices to make, but since we are supposed to get everything either way, having this confirmation seems… tedious

At the very least remove it from the no-choice talents

3 Likes

I think it’s great!

1 Like