Updated August 19
In the latest Beta build, Unholy and Frost have received a few updates to address some common concerns.
Might of the Frozen Wastes
- Rank 1: While Dual-Wielding your Obliterate and Frost Strike will also strike with your off hand and you can engrave each weapon with a Runeforge Enchant
- Rank 2: Increases your Obliterate damage by 25% and Killing Machine Proc chance when using a two-hand
- The proc rate has been adjusted to bring Dual Wield and Two-Handed closer together and the Runic Power gain has been increased to 5 from 3.
Developers’ notes: Our goal here is to bridge the gap of the proc discrepancy between DW and 2H, as well as giving 2-Handed Frost its own passive ability to make up the difference of not having two runeforge enchants.
- Has been reworked and once again has execute functionality.
- 1 Rune, 8 second Cooldown
- Strike an enemy for Shadow damage and afflict the enemy with Soul Reaper. After 5 seconds, if the target is below 35% health this effect will explode dealing additional Shadow damage to the target. If an enemy dies while afflicted gain Runic Corruption.
- Reworked and renamed Unholy Strike.
- Strike your target with an unholy blow dealing Shadow damage, infecting the target with 4 Festering Wounds, and sending you into a killing frenzy, increasing haste by 15% for 12 seconds.
Army of the Dead
- Rune cost reduced to 1 (was 3).
Developers’ notes: These Unholy changes are targeted at helping reduce the start sequence time when paired with specific talents. We hope this will help the overall flow of the spec, without altering too heavily how the spec plays. An additional update (coming soon, that didn’t make it into this build) will also have the Ardenweald ability Death’s Due work with Defile functionality.
- Rune Tap global cooldown removed.
- Developers’ notes: Rune Tap was made baseline in Shadowlands, but also had a GCD added, which was not present in Battle for Azeroth. We’re reverting this change to bring it back to its current functionality.
- Outbreak duration of Virulent Plague increased to 28 seconds (was 21 seconds).
- Outbreak AoE range increased to 10 (was 8).
- Developers’ notes: We changed how Virulent Plague functions in Shadowlands. To compensate for the loss of uptime of Virulent Plague, we’ve increased its duration and increased the initial AoE application, so it doesn’t require such tight grouping to maximize the targets hit.
In this thread, we’re discussing Death Knight class changes coming in World of Warcraft: Shadowlands.
This initial post will be updated periodically throughout the Shadowlands test. Please check back here for information about further updates to this class as they are made.
Thank you for your testing and feedback!