I seem to remember this differently.

I don’t want Wailing Arrow as a talent at all. I definitely don’t want it put into a spot where we are forced to take it. I’m not sure MM needs another button (Black Arrow) let alone two more. Edit: After a little more consideration, I wouldn’t mind Wailing Arrow added to the hero tree if it replaced Multi-Shot (and Multi-Shot was baseline instead of talent), had a much reduced cooldown so it can be used properly, dealt a bit more explosive shadow magic AOE (<-- it wouldn’t really need this maybe) and spread black arrow to more mobs. Remove the silence.

I hope they are planning reworks for at least MM. Looking at Barbed Shot interactions in the tree I don’t have hope that BM is going to be looked at too deep.

1 Like

I’ll take it if you don’t want it. An AoE silence is fantastic.

1 Like

It’s so fantastic nobody takes it, right?

It’s a situational talent. I take it when needed. Nice to have it available, but take DPS talents when it’s not needed.

Yes, definitely situational. I actually don’t hate the talent and feel like using it from time to time, but it doesn’t currently feel good to have in the rotation.

It’s not a rotational ability tho you take it as utility when you want an aoe silence (although sadly our trees are designed in a way that it’s becoming a bigger and bigger dps loss to take it each season)

1 Like

I keep thinking that the design approach is that it is supposed to be a rotational ability, but it feels bad to waste the silence. So people use it as a utility, it competes with the best DPS talents, and it creates a widening DPS gap. It could probably sit a little higher on the tree and more people would take it.

Kaivax, you need to turn hunter over to another developer. You have done bare minimum for the class.

Everyone else, what you see is what will be 95% of Dark Hunter will be. Need look no futher that Dragonflight Alpha, they released hunter trees first and then never came back, never gave trees needed rework like other classes throughout DF.

Would much rather they skip Hero trees for hunters and actually make the trees we have work.

2 Likes

Kaivax is a community manager, not a class design dev. You people have no idea what you are even complaining about.

5 Likes

I don’t care what you think :slight_smile:

If it was the damage would be higher and it wouldn’t have the silence attached

kaivax is not the dev?? they’re the community manager. they make blue posts on all the class forums. is this for real? people won’t take your feedback seriously if you don’t even know what you’re complaining about be for real

2 Likes

It literally says community manager right under their name and they do the posts for every class feedback thread :rofl:

1 Like

Okay, whatever makes you happy. It’s still in a bad spot and competing against superior talents, and because of that no one takes it. If it sat a little lower on the tree that would make it more compelling.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree with this part and I think it would also be easier to fit in some wailing arrow talents into the dark ranger hero tree if the talent itself was more accessible

1 Like

this is also not even true xd

1 Like

The four abilities Sylvanas tends to use that aren’t Banshee or Forsaken related are Black Arrow, Withering Fire, Wailing Arrow and Shadow Dagger. Black Arrow is… okay, Withering Fire would ideally be a replacement for Rapid Fire but since BM doesn’t have access to it it’s fine as a passive proc, Shadow Dagger is nowhere to be seen and the Dark Ranger tree does nothing to improve Wailing Arrow, which is… really odd.

We’ve already seen Hero Trees make certain talents that fit their theme mandatory or near-mandatory. If Wailing Arrow didn’t get any nodes because of the silence, that aspect of the ability should probably be removed so that Dark Rangers can always use the skill.

2 Likes

I started thinking about all the times Blizzard chose Focus regen or cooldown resets as Hunter talents or set bonuses. Why do they keep addressing a non-existent problem?

Then it dawned on me. What are the most common complaints from new and/or undergeared Hunters? Not enough Focus, and not enough charges. Why? Because they lack gear with enough secondary stats, and they aren’t comfortable with how the abilities work together.

It seems like they’re choosing a dev to design Hunter stuff, but that dev doesn’t actually play Hunter. They create a Hunter and try to learn, but being new and undergeared, these are the problems they run into. They think they’re doing Hunters a favor by addressing problems only experienced by the uninitiated.

This would also explain why dedicated Hunter players complain so much, while people with Hunter alts think the talents are great.

Am I reaching? Or does this seem like a reasonable assumption?

1 Like

This does not match reality. Secondary stats do not play a significant effect on # of focus you generate or # of aimed shot charges you get. If those are problems with the spec, they are not solved by gear, they are inherent to how the spec works regardless of stats.

in a sense they do, at least for BM. more crit/haste = more barbed shot resets = more focus

however, I do think they’re slightly reaching.

i mean aside from cooldown resets what else is there? you can read riokaii’s post earlier in this thread, but like what else is there for MM? you dont have things to play around besides aimed shot charge for example

1 Like