[Feedback - Build 45480] Hunter Class Talents + Beast Mastery

The dev reasoning is still bad. His argument is that roots must be homogenised. Which is dumb. Hunters don’t have the type of utility to justify taking even more away.

He also said the existence of Scatter Shot and Hi-Explosive Trap makes up for it. Nonsense. Scatter shot is a choice node with Binding Shot so we can’t have both at the same time, and Explosive Trap is on the same node as Intimidation which also restricts its relevance for BM and SV in PvE.

Reminder: In MoP we had Scatter Shot baseline, Explosive Trap knockback as a glyph, and Binding Shot/Intimidation as talents on the same row. So we really are fighting over scraps of what we used to have 10 years ago.

7 Likes

Personally favor bloodshed over murder.
Dire beast is mostly for haste atm.
Call is bad overall rn and only useful for barb shot resets from its follow up.
And dire command is too extensive.

Overall this is an issue but fairly minor and doesnt matter much. Plus dire commanf still benefits due to doubled amount of kill commands.

Most specs “are fighting over the scraps” of their previously bloated MoP era kits.

That said…

100% Agreed.

Why the half-measure?

I will be streaming BM Hunter levelling on beta again in a few minutes

1 Like

Bepples,

Why did you take Animal Companion? Ask because thinking that would be avoided now that there are other options.

Is it because as you said Qa’pla is bugged?

It’s probably our single biggest damage increase per point. It’s roughly a 30% damage increase to Kill Command, pet auto attacks, Beast Cleave from pet autos, and Stomp. Bite damage is down 35% and so is the cleave damage caused by Bite but it is still well worth the talent point.

1 Like

So you are thinking AC is stronger than Wailing Arrow or Brutal Companion?

Probably is over current Aspect of the Wild and Wild Call

1 Like

Without a doubt.

1 Like

That’s just sad

Hopefully there are still some changes yet to come for the spec. Anyway, have a good weekend everyone.

1 Like

We will see if it’s worth the point

2 Likes

The more that BM changes the worse it gets, especially the bottom left and right hand side of the tree.

Dire Pack gives you a KC reduction of max 3.5 seconds and depending when you hit Dire Beast may give you nothing at all, and tops 60 focus every minute. And this is a capstone, pathetic.

Dire Beast needs to be of the GCD or it just becomes a maintenance buff. And still is either way. Exciting is it not?

Wailing Arrow, what is this even doing in the BM tree it should be in the class tree. Plus it’s on the single target side of the tree WTH?

Brutal Companion give you 1 special attack once you get 3 stacks of Frenzy. Can’t wait for that 1 whole attack…

Aspect Of The Wild, now we are just straight stealing Havoc off warlocks, and could’t even make it decent. So we lost 30 % Crit plus energy regen to boost our Single target and aoe burst for a double Cobra Shot for 20 secs, really Cobra shot, no one cares about Cobra Shot. We will be pumping as many KC’s in as possible in our burst even in AOE now. Can this be worse, probably not.

Call Of The Wild on a 3 min CD, the absolute best profile for a burst window. So I get to press this button a whole 3 times in a raid fight. How many other spec have a 3 min cd window that people like? O wait…

Wild Instincts/Bloodly Frenzy but wait theres more… lets double down on the 3 min cd window that everyone loves and asked for.

General Rant: Why is this whole zoo build being rammed down our throuts? Why cant there be a “few” talents for a zoo build “if” people want it. Aside for the fact that pet pathing isn’t great, how are melee going to see a damn thing with 1 Demo lock and 2 BM’s with 10 pets in there? You will now have 3-4 times more pets in the melee hit box than there are melee themselves.

Developers: Who ever came up with this barbage please move on to something else from class design. For and the amount of “feedback” that has gone back and forth you think this would be a decent spec. Each time you touch it, it get worse and worse. Roll it back to the version before you changed Aspect Of The Wild to the abomination it is now and you have a pretty decent spec. AOE was solid with KC and AOTW/BW cd reducable burst and single target as always been decent with tuning.

Last Note: Artic Bola, what can there even be left to say at this point. A snare in front of a damage capstone. This really says everything that needs to be said about the state of BM.

For the most popluar spec in Warcraft, you’re doing a great job of destroying it.

It’s every Barbed Shot after reaching 2 stacks of Frenzy, iirc. Pretty sure a Blue Post clarified this earlier. Refreshing 3 stacks of Frenzy will likewise trigger Brutal Companion.

Also, is this copy-pasta from another thread or am I just getting unwarranted deja vu?

2 Likes

Either way still a horrid talent, and yes you are correct I had to copy paste it as it was removed.

Ahh, right. Then, if memory serves correctly, you’ve likely already heard how and why some of those points conflate points (Wailing Arrow), misconstrue them (Dire Beast), or miss them entirely (AotW), yes?

Else I can summarize what I remember from your previous thread before its removal if you didn’t get a chance to read those comments before its closure. But let’s be sure to avoid using any language or the like that may have gotten the other shut down.

• That said, I suspect that was due simply to one reference in your earlier OP that you’ve since left out in the recopy above, so we should be fine.

No, I missed all but 1 comment. Can’t remember what exactly it was. There where 2 point the poster disagreed on but indicate he agreed with the rest. Cheers

New stuff for the class tree and Beast Mastery

We wanted to discuss some changes coming in a build next week.

Class Tree:

• Nesingwary’s Trapping Apparatus has been removed.
  • Serrated Shots has moved to where Nesingwary’s Trapping Apparatus was.
  • Sentinel Owl and the choice node below it have moved up 1 row.
    • Sentinel Owl and its choice node are no longer NYI, but still have some issues to be work out.
    • Sentinel’s Wisdom has changed in design. It now grants your party 5% leech and 10% magic damage reduction (everything except Physical) while the Sentinel Owl is active.
  • Binding Shot is now a 3 sec stun (see earlier post about Binding Shot)
  • New 1-point Talent: Entrapment. When your Tar Trap is activated, all enemies in the Tar Trap’s area are rooted for 4 sec. This root can break from taking damage, and is magic dispellable.

Beast Mastery

• Wailing Arrow silence lowered from 5 to 3 sec, and the tooltip now clarifies it only silences non-player targets.
  • Qa’pla, Eredun War Order should now work.
  • The pet damage reduction from Animal Companion no longer reduces the damage dealt by other summoned creatures. How Animal Companion pet damage modifier works with Call of the Wild is still being worked out.
4 Likes

Has hell frozen over? Now, if only they would just pop over to Live and do a quick fix there, so we can mess around with new builds for the next month or two.

6 Likes

Makes me truly happy that they removed NTA.

2 Likes

The AC damage aura fix is huge. Kind of wish they’d done it in BFA but what the hey, I’m not a computer lady, I have no idea how complicated a fix it was.

Still not sold on Sentinel’s, but that might just be a skillcap thing. I’m not used to having a party-wide defensive and knowing me I won’t remember to pop it til the group’s already dead, lol.

Still really want Hunting Party in the class tree. Or a monk debuff. Come on, give us our pvp-only Stampeding Roar in raids! Half my casual team’s going Evoker and we’re looking at genuinely running 0 warriors, druids, monks and demon hunters in DF.

3 Likes