[Feedback - Build 45480] Hunter Class Talents + Beast Mastery

I would not be shocked if they did that to TotH, but currently can’t afford it anyway. Of course take that with a grain of salt as am unable to play so basing my choices on what I believe is best for my play style.

Currently will tab my barbed shots in AoE situation, so Sharp Barbs does appeal to me.

1 Like

You are correct, it wasn’t haste but a focus regen.

1 Like

Thrill is a great talent on st ?

0 issues getting it on AoE

?

You route right up to it in ST build :

And example AoE build :

Looks like you totally believe they will fix the AC talent. In fact your whole Build premise depends on all being fully operational for Both AOE and ST.

Myself, Not holding my breath.
Its Beta already and this should have been one of the First things fixed as it;s existed in this form since June 25 2018. This has been a thing for TWO expansions.

A couple of other Non operational/Non synergistic talent Nodes as per Tarlo’s post on Beta Forums.

They still need to free up a couple of extra points from the overall budget the Dire Pack path is still too expensive.

What ?

It’s literally 1 talent node with the rest of the build having no interactions with AC (unlike the dire beast path)

Also it fully works right now on live, so not sure what you mean by “fix the ac”

Are you saying you don’t know that AC is broken on live? Go read Nimox’s post in the pet discussion.

If you’re talking bout bug where it reduces dmg of all summons not just main pet it has far less impact than you’re making it out to be.

In fairness the builds you posted would actually be impacted by the bug since they do include Dire Beast and Call of the Wild. The damage of both abilities would technically be reduced due to the longstanding issue with AC.

Does that make the builds unviable? Almost certainly not; but it’s sort of disingenuous to disregard that there is an impact to the optimization that is not reflected in any tooltips. I definitely consider that aspect a problem that needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

You do know it’s a 35% penalty to basically everything beyond the 2nd pet?

Murder of Crows
Dire Beast
Call of the Wild
Dire Command

Probably missing some.

It also impacts any in game things, for example the bot in ZM in Shadowlands.

I did want to ask why you went AC, as believe you actually are in Beta and maybe had a different perspective on damage from it

1 Like

Ahh No blue post stating the Animal Companion Talent has been fixed just a “we are working towards a solution”.

Are you aware of the hidden 35% penalty to pet heals Via Aspect of the Beast talent and how it effectively wipes out the 30% buff to Predators Thirst.

Its even a pre requisite talent to get AC. Add a further 35% penalty to DPS from Crows. Dire Beast and each of the 5 Random pets summoned this includes Companion creatures and NPC Did you not Notice Pocopop doing way more dps in ZM on Alts Compared to a BM hunter with AC talent.

I was literally just highlighting your faith/Belief in Blizzard fixing everything Not just AC.

And you are wrong here ! if we were top 1/3 dps charts I could maybe agree but we are not we are in the bottom 1/3.
With current min maxing strategy’s every dps point counts.

2 Likes

Wow druids get three reworks that make each spec 10x better.

Give that dev a raise!

1 Like

Good lord, did Binding Shot really just get ruined in an attempt to make Binding Shackles useful? That is such a twisted design philosophy…

4 Likes

They tried to do this mid SLs too and got a huge amount of backlash because without compensation it’s a very VERY bad change. The problem is it’s our one unique utility and it’s not that used outside of necrotic, SL S1 kite meta/absurd pulls aside.

It is now another dead talent, still semi-useful in PvP, added onto the pile, we’ve got a lot of those.

2 Likes

Typical Blizzard developmental balancing act… 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Its an outside of PVP only situational as Hightin noted its basically a useless talent only usable against Melee mobs in open world.
Ranged/Caster mobs don’t move to become shackled so no damage reduction either from Binding shackles.
And at least in BM’s case the Mobs are not or should not be attacking the Hunter They are on your pet.

2 Likes

Does anyone at Blizzard actually play a hunter in M+15 or above? Binding shot breaking on damage is useless. We use it to give our tank ability to get away long enough to drop stacks of necrotic, or control mobs from hitting and healing a boss, or buy a few secs when someone accidently pulls another pack, etc…

Terrible change. The correct answer to Binding Shackles is just remove it.

Watch they will tweak Binding Shackles to give us back original version on Binding Shot, and force us to blow 2 points to get what was 1 point.

4 Likes

I am actually more okay with the Binding Shot change after hearing the dev reasoning.

HOWEVER

This puts Hunter in a position where it needs added utility more than ever. Especially a unique utility- Sentinels is not shaping up to be anything to fill that void.

2 Likes

But but but “hunters are in a good place.”

****((( embarrassing

The dev reasoning is still bad. His argument is that roots must be homogenised. Which is dumb. Hunters don’t have the type of utility to justify taking even more away.

He also said the existence of Scatter Shot and Hi-Explosive Trap makes up for it. Nonsense. Scatter shot is a choice node with Binding Shot so we can’t have both at the same time, and Explosive Trap is on the same node as Intimidation which also restricts its relevance for BM and SV in PvE.

Reminder: In MoP we had Scatter Shot baseline, Explosive Trap knockback as a glyph, and Binding Shot/Intimidation as talents on the same row. So we really are fighting over scraps of what we used to have 10 years ago.

7 Likes

Personally favor bloodshed over murder.
Dire beast is mostly for haste atm.
Call is bad overall rn and only useful for barb shot resets from its follow up.
And dire command is too extensive.

Overall this is an issue but fairly minor and doesnt matter much. Plus dire commanf still benefits due to doubled amount of kill commands.

Most specs “are fighting over the scraps” of their previously bloated MoP era kits.

That said…

100% Agreed.

Why the half-measure?