Favourite Piece of Gear

Draconian Deflector

3 Likes

There was a fish you could equip as a weapon

OG Earthshaker with the knockback instead of knockdown.

1 Like

Crest of Retribution was a badass-looking shield.

2 Likes

While Ashkandi had the ultimate “Don’t mess with that guy” appearance, The Untamed Blade was the weapon I always wanted. The thought of that huge 300 Strength proc lining up with a Crusader proc and then proceeding to wreck havoc in PvP was really the kind of thing that drove me to raiding.

Seconding this for overall, but my favorite piece of gear that I personally obtained during vanilla is Sul’thraze the Lasher. I spent weeks farming ZF at 60 as a solo Paladin to get it for my RP set. Boy oh boy was it worth it. I still use it for a few of my transmog sets.

1 Like

Herod’s shoulder was a personal favorite. My first character ever was a hunter, and Herod’s shoulder is the epitome of the “all gear is hunter gear” argument in my mind. I bickered over it with warriors on multiple hunter characters, and then rolled a warrior and realized I was probably in the wrong.

3 Likes

For my lock :
-toep (got the 2nd one for my faction, no one really understood what it did yet, myself included)

Love /hate relationship :
-zhc (I only got zhc 2 weeks before trinket stacking was nerfed, I’d already been exalted for a month, and lost it multiple times to guild alts)

Hate :
-staff of shadow flame, my unicorn for vanilla. Top caster dkp in two different guilds trying to get that damn staff… Never dropped. In retrospect, I could have easily just gotten a staff from aq40 or even naxx, but I wanted the one that looked metal AF.

For my rogue, only 2 items really stand out :
-lobotomizer dagger
-Ebon mask (the lvl 50 black quest mask) which I wore until I replaced it in TBC with an identical mask.

1 Like

I remember shortly after BWL released being on the recieving end of an (assumed) arms warrior with untamed blade. Seemed to hit like 3x harder than any warrior i had seen up till that point. I always envyed the look of that weapon. I would bet i have tje tmog with the huge number of runs ive done of bwl but i never find tmogs the same as having it at the time its current

1 Like

There were 2 actually.

Chassis of west fall oor that sword you got for one of the elite quests in duskwood can’t remember the name ofit

1 Like

Behold! Morgan Ladimore’s sword, Archeus! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/2000

cookies meat tenderizer

3 Likes

fave piece of vanilla gear was the Maul of the redeemed crusader that I got during TBC
https://www.wowhead.com/item=22809/maul-of-the-redeemed-crusader.

My other most memorable drops/items were
Torch of the damned from Black temple.
Shadowmourne.
and Jin’rohk during cataclysm.

I spent forever farming archaelogy during tier 11 progression and the night I dug up the sword we killed nef and ashkandi mk2 dropped. I was highly irate.

The Stoppable Force

3 Likes

I really love the 2H axe from Herod called Ravager! When proc’d my warrior spins in circles hitting up to 8 or so people at a time- something like that it’s hard to remember. I used to run lowbies through dungeons using it. I’d agro half of VC and start autoattacking until it proc’d. Sometimes it would not proc and I would die LOL

1 Like

Verigans Fist, epic story, epic mace, well rare mace.

3 Likes

the twill set of course.

for real though i collected the entire scarlet set on my warrior in vanilla and wore it proudly for quite a few levels.

tabbard included of course.

3 Likes

Mind control cap.
When used on a player they actually cast their own abilities.

1 Like

Rejuvenating gem. Ridiculous plus healing with 9 mp5. Probably the single best healing piece of gear from vanilla (legendary aside).

1 Like