Favorite peaceful places

Hey friends,

School just started for many of us. For others difficulties with relationships, work, heck even giant fires right now.
When you just need to escape where are your favorite peaceful or tranquil places in Azeroth or beyond?

2 Likes

Pretty much right outside Silvermoon city. Has a nice garden and a lakeside sitting and the music to this day has always been my favorite.

2 Likes

I like my garrison’s pond because I can choose the music to pair with the gentle water sounds. I won’t get interrupted by anyone there either.

4 Likes

I enjoy the park in Stormwind but I also enjoy the area right outside Stormwind on top of the waterfall or just right below it.

3 Likes

Whenever I end up writing, I usually end up parking my toons in Kalimdor for the natural ambience. A few places come to mind:

Twin Colossals in Feralas
Cenarion Wildlands in Desolace
Starfall Village in Winterspring
Moonwell of Cleansing in Ashenvale

Our guild also uses the Temple of Isilden in Feralas as a proxy for our base which is sooooo peaceful. It’s nice that the Temple doesn’t have NPCs either.

2 Likes

Beggar’s Haunt in Duskwood is the right amount of spooky and relaxing. There’s a nice stream near the graveyard.

6 Likes

I like your mog Wick <3

As far as peaceful places go I like to go to the light house in front of Stormwind and sit right in front of the light itself and watch the sunset and sunrise most days ^^

1 Like

Go to the Wetlands. 36, 16.15. Walk straight forward into a little, hidden grove nestled between two hills that’s been there since Vanilla’s Beta. No mobs, no quests, no rares, accessible to anyone. A fallen log and dangling vines make a gateway frame an entrance to a path lined by waist high weeds and grass, a canopy of tree leaves keeping it invisble from above. Turning around, you get an amazing view of the blue moon in the mornings and the sunset at night. Facing forward though… the path winds round to a hidden, ruined gazebo of highborne stone, at the center of which is the half buried head of a female Titan maiden. The neck is broken and it’s placed between two large blocks of stone, almost as if a memorial or old monument.

It’s all very tranquil, nothing but the sounds of insects and birds, super scenic, and makes for a wonderful (albeit small) spot for any number of RP scenese for druids, shamans, dwarves, night elves, or archaelogists and the like. I DEFINITELY recommend checking it out.

4 Likes

That sounds awesome

Great minds think alike.

Beggars Haunt has a really lovely feel to it, a small moonlit reprieve from the opressive darkness of Duskwood; all tucked away beside a tricking steam and waterfall.

2 Likes

Theres a fountain in front of the cathedral i quite like.

1 Like

not enough apparently as I’ve snuck in to sw to see the sights and the fountain has been disappointingly free of interpretive dance

Spreads his hands mystically
Potion of Concealment!

There is a portion of Zuldazar called The Sliver - little off the beaten path; no quest take you directly there; has an inn & a handful of NPCs, fishing trainer & merchant, nice waterside scenery. Just a cool, chill place.

1 Like

Seradane up in the Hinterlands is pretty freaking amazing. Since Cataclysm all the NPC’s have vanished, and I keep wondering why some Night Elf guild hasn’t sought out the spot for a new homeland after the burning of Teldrassil.

There are some hills and mountains in the area, too, that offer some amazing views and are, at times, just really relaxing.

Depends on the toon, but I have been rping a lot in Ashenvale on my nelf mage.

2 Likes

There’s a waterfall right above Booty Bay that I love spending time at whenever I’m writing or playing other games. It’s a little pond-waterfall on a cliff. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Azuremyst Isle. Even the damn music is meditative.

2 Likes

Old Dalaran
I can’t sit and listen to that music for long without choking up.
The memories of another time (WotLK) ebb and flow deep throughout that city for me.
My perch of preference is atop the highest platform on the Violet Citadel :white_heart:

2 Likes

I know others have said it, but definitely Beggar’s Haunt. Behind the tower and next to the small stream and waterfall. There’s a skeleton there that’s a bit grouchy, but he’s quiet in his brooding so you’ll still be at peace. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like