Fatal error when viewing character from app

When in the mobile app, every time I try to view character I get a fatal error since the newest update

1 Like

Hi Belynissa,

Thanks for the report. What is the text of the error that you’re getting? Also, is this the character that you’re attempting to view?

No, I haven’t logged this one in a long time and was surprised it was my forum posting one. Silban - Barthilas is the one getting the error, and it says
"A fatal error has occured.

(You will be retired to the title screen)"

(you will be returned to the title screen)

Sorry, autocorrect fail

1 Like

I just tested this and got the same error

Same crash with the same text. Currently attempting to access the Telemachus character.

Hi all,

Apologies that this issue is causing you trouble! Would you also share what device you are using when you receive the error, as well as the app version? You can get the app version by logging into a character, selecting the “More” menu in the bottom right, and looking for the version string beneath the icon and app title.

Since waking up this morning it needed to download more assets and now I can view again. Thank you!

Android 12
App version 10.0.5.47637

Same issue. 10.0.47673. iOS 16.1.1. iPhone 13 Pro.

So that makes two things that this version broke.

Can’t see my character without a fatal error.

Can’t try to buy from auction house without fatal error on confirmation.

I deleted app, reinstalled, downloaded the 70mb of assets. No change.

This is awful.

I received the prompt this morning to download assets. View now works.

Hi all,

We released a new version of the WoW Companion App to Android devices earlier this week that contains the fix to character viewing, and it’s likely that your device auto-updated the app to this new version. The iOS submission process is a little bit more involved, so the fix for this is being bundled with a couple of other fixes and will be available for iOS devices soon.

Hi all,

The iOS version went live a couple hours ago and contains the fix to character viewing as well as a couple of other issues. Thank you for your patience!

apologies about the necro on this but i got a fatal error message on android on my note 10+ galaxy device upon fresh reinstalling of the app.

I have the same error, only on my evoker characters (tried to make a 2nd one on another realm to see if it was just that character or that class in general) i have Galaxy s22 ultra with version 10.1.0.49227
I have tried to uninstall and re install, tried different devices, etc.

I am receiving Error also. Can log into my hunter but get the error message when logging into my Evoker.