Fastest route to gearing

Hi just returned back to Dragonflight after about 2 year hiatus . As a returning player is there any advice or guides on the fastest route to get my character ready for raiding?

Appreciate any advice and support.

Go spam all the dragon races, and any world quests you can do to get the Whelpling Shadowflame Fragments. Every 15 of them, you will get a Crest. With a couple hundred gold each, you can have an enchanter convert that via crafting order to an Enchanted Whelpling Crest. That and a few mats can allow you to make crafted gear at ilvl 408. You can do this for every slot of gear except trinkets, and you can only do one ring. 12 items in total. I’ve been doing this for my alts since I don’t want to farm mythics to gear them.

Kill the world boss and do the quest chain down in the cavern. This will reward you more of the fragments. This is probably the fastest way to gear up. You can also do the 5 heroic dungeons weekly quest that will reward you an 415 item. I would urge you to push it if you can because this week’s weekly quest is to do 4 mythic dungeons. If you can get up to doing those and complete them, you get a good reward.

LFR is good and easy too.

1 Like

also, check the weekly quests in valdraxxus. there is one i think called “fighting is its own reward”. you do 5 heroic dungeons and get a pretty high level piece of gear. there is nother weekly qyest giver outside the AH. it is currently giving i think 428 gear for various activites.

also, check the world quest maps. they will tell you what items would drop for completing the content.

make sure you do the forbidden reach content. it is called the vault. it might be a bit of a challenge now that people have more or less moved on, but there is a ring called the onyx annulet. you need to farm some materials, but you can make that a 424 ring in a couple of hours and it will serve you for quite a while. some specs still use it rather than a higher ilevel item.

run LFR. run low level mythics. these give you weekly items in your vault. even if you run just one mythic, you will get a piece in the vault.

fastest way is to convince your guild to funnel gear to you on farm nights.

2 Likes