Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

is anyone else having problems purchasing Malefic Cores? I got one of my alts to 89 after I was able to purchase 2 of them but now I cant buy the last one to get it to 92. I already got the ones from raid and visions. not sure what the problem is. have over 7K echoes left just in case the question come up :stuck_out_tongue:

i am also stuck at 89. i need one more core before raid tonight. blizzard please fix.

thanks in advance

Yeah I’m in the same situation being stuck at 89. You aren’t alone! Though hopefully I can buy that last one soon.

have they made a statement on this issue yet?

The cost of the cores are far too high and can hardly be classified as a catchup.
It takes around 8-9 Myhtic 15 runs to get 2k echoes hardly something a Alt is likely able too do.
The amount of echoes from all activities is far far too low given the costs of essences,corruptions and now cores.
All these so called catchups are just a thinly disguised attempt too keep people subbed longer while blizz continues too timegate/grind every aspect of the game.

1 Like

This was unintended, and we’re deploying a hotfix for it as soon as possible today.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

Thanks for listening to us Kaivax about the time gates that would of forever kept many of your players behind this expansion. This hotfix has helped give me confidence in continuing to play WOW into Shadowlands. I hope you get a pay raise. =)

1 Like

And it is fixed now, ty! I was able to buy my last core to upgrade my cloak to +92 resistance.

They should have started the expansion with this. I came back a few months ago, and I may never get all my essences. I’m trying, but there is so much to do, I can’t find time to do it all at once.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you just let full vision clears keep giving malefic cores up to max? Coalescing are already a limiting currency.

7 Likes

echo prices are all a little too high. really don’t have a desire to play again if i have to farm 100k echoes to be caught up.

4 Likes

So is the TLDR for this basically “If you’re a returning player, don’t bother with the cloak”?

4 Likes

Yes
/10char

1 Like

Maybe you could make the Malefic Cores 100 echoes cheaper each week? Until they cost 500 echoes, perhaps, when an alt would need 30 of them to be competitive for the remaining month or so.

2 Likes

I don’t have any problems with the catch up I have a problem with how long it takes up upgrade this cloak.

It will take until September 8th to finish upgrading the cloak. That is 9 months from when it came out. Compared to upgrading Argus trinkets which took a whole 12 weeks to finish.

9 months vs 12 weeks isn’t even comparable.

Can we just have the cores uncapped now? I mean are we really going to wait till September 8th to be done with it?

I would rather try out some fun corruption builds now but can’t got to wait till September when the expansion will almost be done.

5 Likes

In my opinion, 2,000 echoes is too expensive.

Echoes as they’re currently implemented, offers progression catch-ups at the cost of power, and lacking power makes it difficult to earn echoes in every possible way. For example, you can’t really push M+ keys above M6 if you lack a significant amount of corruption, nor can you get echoes from winning PvP if your lack of corruption means you put your team at a significant disadvantage in terms of gameplay. Furthermore, gaining corruption is over 25 times less expensive than resisting it; currently corruptions are priced so that 1 point of corruption = about 10 echoes, whereas 1 corruption resistance is about 650 echoes. That’s ridiculous!

Personally, I think y’all need to dramatically reduce the cost of catching up. Slash the cost of essences, malefic cores, and vessels by 80%; roughly to what they were before you added corruptions to the game. Let catching up be easy and fast but still require a modicum of work and let actually optimizing via corruptions be the expensive thing. Currently the catch-up costs are so expensive that despite having the systems in place, I don’t want to engage with them at all.

3 Likes

For those who have alts and wanna gear them up while content is dry, Can yall get rid of the quest chain to unlock the cloak, I have done the quest chain 4 times and it still makes me want to smash my head into my desk.

7 Likes

I find it funny how some long quest lines a lot of fun, like our artifact weapons or class mounts but this quest chain is draining. Hard to find a reason why people dislike this one so much. Maybe its because classes arent as fun to play as they were in legion.

1 Like

Unlocking the cloak isn’t so bad to me, but all the grinding to level it up. Collecting Visions and Mementos, each run only providing a single upgrade AT MOST, etc, those I find rather draining.

3 Likes