Farmer profession

we can havea farmer profession - they would have a farm and raise veggies

9 Likes

If anything it’d be like a profession not a class.
They had this in mop, didn’t carry over so I assume the vast majority didn’t enjoy or participate.

3 Likes

I’m ready to slaughter all of the horde that step foot on farm. :man_farmer::drop_of_blood::troll:

3 Likes

Been there, done that.

I love my farm in Pandaria.

1 Like

Farmers are OP.

In a dungeons and dragons campaign we encountered Sassone Leaf poison on a doorknob which causes constitution damage and 2d12 HP damage when contacted. Our rogue identified it, and our Druid immediately was able to recall everything about it because of their Druidic Knowledge class feature. We then found out that Sassone leaf is worth 300gp per dose.

So, of course, we immediately propagated Sassone Leaf, because farming poisons is FAR safer and profitable than dungeon delving.

We bought one seed of Sassone Leaf and planted it, then the druid cast plant growth to create Sassone seeds. Then the Wizard cast haste on the plant to age it a year (haste’s side effect in earlier editions lol) which let us harvest more seeds.

We hired commoners to plant them in a field and then the druid used plant growth twice to increase it’s production potential and then to cause it to become overgrown. We then hasted the plants and worked out a spellcasting rotation to allow us to maximise our daily yield of seeds while collecting the leaves, which were then turned into poison by the wizard casting Fabricate.

The campaign quickly moved from stopping Szass Tam to cornering the exotic herbs and spices markets of Faerun as we moved from Herb to Herb, flooding each market and then moving on to the next one. Eventually we had stockpiled so much poison of so many varieties we set up poison dispensaries in the water tables of each major area around Thay so we could basically wipe out the nation whenever we wanted. We hired armies of mercenaries with our profits and used them to take out copycats and defend our poison dispensaries.

So TLDR agriculture and magic will let you dominate the world. It’s too OP for a character class.

3 Likes

They made it lame daily quests. If it had more interesting gameplay plus dailies it might have fared better.

Tractor mount por favor!

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

1 Like

Give me a Turnip familiar.

I’m going to say it :eyes: Druids?

Ah yes good ole 2e, such a fun edition IMO

That’s such a good story mate, moments like that is what makes DnD the best game ever made.

go play MoP