Farewell to kindred

brackets too hard or what?

2 Likes

Yes. Thank you for the kind words. See you in Gulch.

Lookin for some of those geriatric brackets. You know?

godspeed friends, i will miss you, no troll

Sad to hear it, but understand why ya’ll are doing it. You’ll be missed.

Wtf no!
Kindred some of my favorite Horde :disappointed:

1 Like

As a point of clarification, some folks will be staying, some will be rolling alts here. For at least the foreseeable future, Plywood will assume GM of Kindred and I believe he still intends on doing raids, pugs if necessary, so that we can help those who don’t want to come with us while they find new homes.

2 Likes

What’s a bracket? Oh, is it part of that AFK thing people are doing these days, instead of pvping?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve given up on ranking. Everyone just asks in av. How is that fun?

1 Like

The whole battleground PvP system is pretty gross and unappealing atm.

Alliance = Pretty much mandatory premade to get a decent pool of players to engage in PvP with. If you don’t do premade PvP your left with the dregs and half filled games.
Need to spam queue for games continually for hours doing nothing else in the game.

Horde = Do only pugs.
Can’t really queue and do BGs with your friends. Wait 40 plus mins for one game which (might) end up being good.

Terrible system and there’s no intervention from Blizzard. Not even “We know it sucks and are looking at it”

no changes

1 Like

Had you played during Vanilla, you would realize the ‘no changes’ crowd don’t grasp the current iteration of the game is a radically changed product in many ways.

The talents and itemization are vastly different which effects both PVE and PVP gameplay.

The concept of ‘leeway’ didn’t exist for virtually all of classic (if it even existed at all).

Saying ‘no changes’ doesn’t really mean anything from the world I came from.

No changes relative to what?

1 Like

It never takes an hour xD. It still takes less than the 30 min the horde needs to wait for one.

What I mean is:

If you are Alliance and care about ranking: You spam AV queue. You get instant games…but you have to do PvP constantly and nothing else to remain competitive.

I’d rather be Horde, with a 30-40 minute queue, because they can do things between that queue other than AV. If your Alliance…you’re tethered to the battle master spamming AV.

1 Like

If you want to be rank 12 and up yes…

I believe that’s 2% or 3% of the server. And that’s not just alliance, horde as well has to take this game as a full time job to reach rank 12. Then again is not like it will always be like that. Once you reach your desire rank within the next month or 2 you can stop and go back to your normal game life.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve tried putting in 4 hours or so of AV a week and it hardly budges my rank. This is expected, and I haven’t hit exalted yet.

The pvp afk 20 hour a day av spam meta seems so warped. The clan decided to spend the greater part of our cta night fighting in BRM instead of running AVs all of last night (also not enough 60s yet for a decent premade).

I don’t understand the move. The ease of ranking on a server depends on what percentage of the population is also ranking. This does not get easier or harder for higher population vs lower population servers. It only gets easier or harder based on the PvP culture of the server and what % of the population is trying to rank.

I don’t know, maybe they did a lot of investigating and research and found out what honor per week they are making in WSG and then calculating what bracket that comes out to on their target server but…I doubt it’s going to be any easier to rank on other servers right now. I’m afraid they are going to waste their time and money to go to a dead server only to find out that they aren’t in a better situation as far as ranking is concerned.

Best of luck and I hope I’m wrong for Kindred’s sake.

This 100% - If i wish to stay competitive. I have to farm AV 24/7.

And I’m a broke healer joining premades that require buffing every GD round.

Yes this is 100% self induced.

But drops Windfury Totem to the furious cheer of zugzug by the warriors it only costs 250 mana!

1 Like

** Cries in corner **