False reports got me silenced a second time

I already appealed the first time, and the silence was removed. Both times i’ve been reported for Abusive Language. This second time i can garantee all i posted in trade chat was a Solo Torghast Carry. I even offered free coffee. I already opened a secnod ticket but i think it is valid to post here since people say GM’s are the ones that actually review those Abusive Language reports and silence accounts.

1 Like

Well, nothing really will come from posting here as the blues here don’t handle the tickets. More to the point, talking about account actions isn’t allowed on the forums.

Sorry to hear it, Naberios. It seems you were reported for spam and were squelched. A Game Master will be able to review it for you.

We’re likely to see a bit of this in the coming days, as many are confused about the policy update and not understanding the difference between organizations, which wouldn’t be allowed, and individuals/guilds, which are (though not supported).

I can tell you that it is being looked into, but for now, for those who may be hit with a squelch for this activity, please submit an appeal so it can be reviewed.

9 Likes

Thanks for answering, really. Also i’m sorry if my english looks weird, it isn’t my first language. Just one more question:

The fact that the email i’ve received said my violation was “abusive language” instead of “spam” is what bothered me. So the squelch/silence works the same way for spamming and abusive language? Is there any way to know the difference between beeing automatically squelched and an actual GM silence? I thought that just the fact i’ve received the email meant that a GM actually looked into my chat logs and silenced me.

1 Like

It’s supposed to say spam and I’m not entirely certain why it isn’t. We’ve already forwarded that up to be looked at.

No, they try to incorporate email notifications as much as possible. Folks would receive a temporary squelch or even a silence and never know it because they’d log out while it was active, so I think thats why they started having them go out for this too.

I don’t know if there is anything definitive that shows it, Naberious, at least not yet. Sorry again for the confusion.

9 Likes