Failing because of changes

classic wow is failing because of changes and me a longtime supporter have quit the game because of changes such as overpopulated servers which led to the need of cross realm zones and cause lasting problems with servers to this day and other changes such as changing city guard behavior just two examples of changes that have harmed the game

and now as a fan i see there is more changes happening that no doubt will end the popularity of the game for good

9 Likes

People will leave because of changes. People will stay through the changes. People will also resub because of changes. It is what it is.

11 Likes

this whole project was based on restoring the past experience of wow so changing the game is a sure way to tank it

6 Likes

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you, just want to point out that the choice for cross realm was made month before the first character was created…so it was not overpopulation that caused cross realm.

3 Likes

You’re on a server that is one or two good guilds transferring away from self-destructing.

lol

Not much of a fan if you’re quitting because of something that doesn’t affect you in any way, and some guard change that probably means nothing.

You thought you did, but you didn’t.

4 Likes

i’m wanting to be outraged as well. however, i’m not sure what we’re being outraged over. hm.

5 Likes

I think it was actually done so they could profit off of what people were illegally doing on private servers lol

1 Like

The way intellectual property works is that you have to be using it in order to defend it. Classic may have started simply as a ploy to defend IP, but I do believe Blizz wanted to deliver a good product none-the-less.

1 Like

if people would quit exploiting they’d quit making changes. it’s entirely on the players that it’s gotten this way.

8 Likes

Agreed. The majority of the significant changes have been explicitly about reducing the playerbase’s insistence on griefing itself.

6 Likes

Come on ! The upcoming #changes (i know they will come) will make this game even more popular. Failing ? This is the top trending game.

I don’t think changes is the reason for classic failing. In fact I don’t think classic is failing.

3 Likes

Game breaking new: Guards will now emote /wave or /salute to random players.

Twitter outraged!

1 Like

Interesting take…Source?

They’re dooming classic and any future project whether its TBC or classic+

1 Like

No?
And I’d advise caution using popularity as a justification because that really doesn’t make something good

People like to say this, but subs DOUBLED when Classic was released. If everyone quit today it would already be a success. Having said that, people are definitely not quitting today. I can’t find a single thorium node to save my life, when I play alts I struggle to tag quest mobs, and SW/IF are packed every day.

Classic is fine. If you don’t like something you can probably think of a way of making your point without screaming that the sky is falling.

Huh? The person wants it exactly like it was, so this stupid retort doesn’t even make sense here.

1 Like

If these pathetically small changes cause the OP to quit, they obviously didn’t want Classic very much.

Understand?

3 Likes