Fae Transfusion Heal GCD issue

Hello, I recently made the switch to Night Fae now that prog is over to test it out and level up renown for a diff covenant, and Fae Transfusion feels decent to use on a low amount of targets (1-3) which is fine.

One big downside that I noticed though is that the heal portion of the spell takes up a second GCD to use. If the buff runs out of time naturally, the heal does not go off either. It makes it feel very bad to use the heal on a raid fight where you want to spend as many GCD’s as possible on DPS spells.

Can we possibly consider removing the GCD from the heal portion of Fae Transfusion or letting the heal go off when the buff expires? It would make it feel a lot better to use in many situations and feel more versatile overall. Thanks!

2 Likes

5head right here. Dunno why it doesn’t do this already.

1 Like

After getting Necro to 30, I played through Venthyr and Kyrian stories to experience them and am now on Night Fae. I have stuck with it for a while and I’m up to renown 34.

I like Night Fae pretty good for Enhancement…the ability can sometimes be a little clunky to use, but not as bad as some people made it out to be. I like the heal being separated from the damage, so I can use the dps on cooldown and the heal when it is actually needed.

With Venthyr, it felt like Chain Harvest use isn’t always optimal…like sometimes I would just save it for an emergency heal even though I wanted the dps.

Vesper Totem is even worse, requiring a total of 7 global cooldowns to do it’s thing and 3 of those have to be strictly healing cooldowns.

1 Like

Every covenant works differently by design.
Having them all do the same thing would be boring.

Vesper totem is actually really good because it can be moved, and doesn’t have to do damage first then healing second, and the damage doesn’t dictate how much healing is done.

It’s one of those abilities that you can either just drop on cd and let it do it’s thing, which will as a healer allow you to do more healing more quickly so that you can do damage, and more of it. Or as ele/enh do more burst/aoe damage, or get some quick heals in if needed.

It’s flexibility and raw throughput is why it’s good, the number of GCD is completely irrelevant, because unless you’re moving it you’re getting the full benefit for just 1 GCD, as you’re going to be casting your other abilities anyway.

CH can be problematic.
For instance it’s bad single target damage, but it’s still better than not casting it. You can’t control the heal.

So you often full heal your party when they’re already topped up, with no added benefit like an absorb shield or dmg reduced buff. Or you do big aoe dmg that is mostly wasted because all the enemies were low anyway because you needed the heal.

Having the heal and damage components separated therefore is a good thing, and that leads us on to Night Fae. Unfortunately the healing is based on the damage done, you can’t do the healing first, and it’s better for single target than aoe. But being able to heal when you need it, rather than when your window to channel the damage is available, makes this better than Chain Harvest.

Everything is about perception. None of these abilities are bad, they’re just different.

I’d like to see Vesper totem bursts do damage and healing at the same time, regardless of the ability that triggers them. That would take it down to 4 GCD to get the same output.