Faction specific ques

Hello

I watched an Asmongold video (on his youtube account) where he mentioned faction specific ques. I like this idea… but I don’t think it is a proper solution.

I believe that Blizz should lock character creation on factions at 55-45% until it balances out (less popular faction catches up).

I look forward to the implementation of both features :smiley: what are your thoughts?

That would work too as most folks are leveling alts by now. And forcing queues on people wouldn’t go over well.

i brought this up over a month ago and at the time very few people could understand why i was making a big deal about the problem. Here’s my original post.

Blizzard either doesn’t care about faction balance or won’t take any actions toward faction balance that would either “punish” horde or “reward” Alliance.

See examples from retail… war mode against overwhelming odds (a quest to bribe Alliance to be target practice for horde in war mode. The reward got high enough ilevel to bribe Alliance to do it… horde whined about Alliance getting “free gear” and the gear ilevel was nerfed to not worth doing. Also, mercenary mode queue for battlegrounds: if your side is so outnumbering the other side that your battleground queue is too long, you can queue as the opposite faction instead of having the battleground queue time be a market force for balance. (Also known as have your cake and eat it, too).

2 Likes

I love the mercenary option. Been using it a lot during this anniversary event for those quick AV pops.

War mode seems fine on paper, but only reveals the hard truth which is that a lot of players don’t want to wpvp. No one should need a carrot on a stick to join, you should just do it because you love the thrill of open world pvp.

Open world pvp against a large enough pool of players (entire region potentially) that you cannot “educate” the opponents into the consequences of messing with you doesn’t allow rivalries (“educate” means camp them with your guild until they log out really sorry that they messed with your guild).

If you are on the majority, you get lots of pve benefits (easier to find dungeon groups, raid groups, guilds) and pvp benefits (more people to arena with, rated bg with). The only downsides to the larger faction are “not enough wpvp targets” and “longer unrated bg queues”. Blizzard is trying to “fix” that problem by removing the consequences of being the populous faction.

The only minority assistance that Blizzard has done is making all retails AHs neutral. You are a level 120 undead. Of course, you like mercenary mode.

There is a threshold of outnumbered that cannot be overcome via superior gear or superior organization. Beyond that threshold (which is debatable), the only real solution is “take my ball and go home”. I did. I assessed the perceived situation pre-launch and made my characters on Bloodsail Buccaneers instead of a pvp server.

This is an extreme change to the game to implement, and literally makes the game unplayable for a dominant faction.

It is a very, very bad idea.

Blizz just needs to shuffle past phase 2 rapidly with battleground releases. It’s fun as a temporary event, but it is unsustainable as a longer phase of the game.

just release bgs already

The best way to have people play your game is to bar people from playing your game… /s

Sounds like Alliance as a whole needs to recruit players.