Faction Imbalance

Has anyone noticed the imbalance between alliance and horde in bgs? I have not lost a single BG on horde since pre patch started and only win around 1 out of every 7/8 on alliance. I qued for several hours tonight and found I was running into the same premade horde groups that were absolutely dominating every match. Not really random if it is always a premade group decimating legitimately random alliance groups. Is there a way to force groups into rated or separate ques so actual solo players can do battlegrounds? I cringe at the thought of doing premade groups for random bg’s. If I wanted a premade group I would do RBG’s.

easy fix → premades only go against premades … done, 5 mins invested in code becomes a life time of problems solved

ofc duo queue is kinda fine but when there are 5 duelist+ groups is completely unbalanced for the current gear system fail, probably will be better on DF when the gap will be around 11 ILvLs between honor and conquest, but the people without honor have to farm it there anyways so … we’ll see

1 Like

Absolutely. Queing into to random bg’s trying to get gear on new toons and constantly getting hammered by these toxic premades is horrible. They mostly just farm the graveyard on maps they can instead of winning the match. 10 gladiator geared players against a bunch of players with little to no pvp gear is just awful.

My REflex says I’m 11-3 on Ally side. :man_shrugging:

The largest premade that I’ve done these last few weeks was queueing with 2 others.

Maybe it’s the time that you are playing? I only play during prime hours once a week. The rest are early morning or early afternoon.

1 Like

is there a way to force solo players to play? lost my first game in 6 days last night and broke a 1000 kdr streak because a bunch of solos gave up at the first sign of challenge and just ran around the map avoiding fighting.

1 Like

Premades just need to go away at this point. There was a time where it was a fun way to play with friends in a game that was fairly slow and forgiving.

18 years later however the skill gap from casual to good has become so wide, and the abilities have changed so much that all a premade ever does is ruin the game for everyone else.

Because we didn’t have discord channels when premading was allowed. We didn’t have crystal clear comms or robust breakdowns of knowledge available or live streams allowing us to mimic the best easily and the game didn’t have half the mechanics it has now to allow massive damage spread and healing potential. And we didn’t have up to 18 years of experience for every single nook and cranny of every map, play, ability and skill to leverage against random/casual players as quickly and painfully as possible. And lastly we didn’t have access to thousands of extra players in any meaningful way and cross server was not a thing.

Plus the game literally rewards you for premading now so even if you weren’t into exerting punishment like a Disney movie bully, you likely have alts and friends who still need 10-15k honor to upgrade your 2100 gear and the fastest way to get it is stomp ransoms over and over.

It’s just an antiqued ability that doesn’t do anything but ruin the game and needs to either go or get carved off or introduce some form of determination buff in PvP if your team keeps dying to even it out a bit.

3 Likes

premades are how good PVPers avoid getting bad solo players on their team. why can’t you play good? losing games because of bad solos ruins my gameplay experience a lot more than my premading ruins yours.

so basically you are saying that if one gets good at PVP and you don’t, that makes them a toxic mean bully?

we had ventrillo, teamspeak, and mumble, voice comms have always been a thing.

no extra bonuses for premading, in fact the syncing means you get less games on average, premaders tend to get only 3-4 games in per night, while solos can double that or more.

its PVP, not PVE, no win is ever guaranteed for you, it must be earned. you have played too many games which hold your hand and call you a winner for having done nothing, this has skewed your thinking of what you deserve, making you feel entitled to win when you don’t actually deserve it.

2 Likes

So you want to ensure you get good players, but not that the games are actually fair and competitive? Got it. If only there was a way… some sort of competitive-based version of BGs that allowed you to do that but also allowed the other team to…

It’s pretty clear here you don’t understand; so I’ll give it one more shot and then you’re on your own. When WoW first began, there was no real competitive stream someone could move into. No rated anything. And the game was new. Competitive gaming itself was still new. So creating a system like 5-man premading was honestly designed to allow casual buds play together and have fun and they swayed the game a bit, but weren’t remotely as impactful as premades are now.

Were you there? Did you ever actually use TS or vent? Do you actually think they are even on the same planet as disc? Because disc lets me quickly pick up a new class - like DK - read the pinned messages that will give me exact spec, rotation, burst CDs, ask questions that can be answered by literally the best DK players in the planet, slip into PVP-specific sub-sections defined down to my spec and connect me with entire videos designed to get me as good as possible as quickly as possible and connect me to a hive-mind of like-minded DK-based gamers to grow, work and play with. Vent let me… sit on a garbly voice line like I am calling Istanbul in the 70s.

The 75-100% win-rate is the bonus. And by the number of EBGs you run in premades I think you know that. Because gear needs to be upgraded and honor is the currency to do that, stomping randoms quickly is a great way to accomplish your upgrade needs. It’s scummy, but the game is directing you to premade stack absolute smashers to make it as quick as possible.

This here is where it’s pretty obvious that A: you love smashing casuals as a premade and ruining experiences as much as possible (in EBGs no less - gross) and B: you are terrified of any discussion that may ruin your fun. The lunch money retribution seething hatred of the world is spilling from your heart to your keyboard a little too much and causing personal attacks from left field.

Even the most casual neighborhood court basketball pickup game actively works to balance teams before playing. Why do you think they do that? Because there is no value to anything or anyone if one team dominates and the other gets destroyed. There is however a huge chance that the ones on the losing end say “well this sucks”, become jaded and eventually stop coming and stop playing altogether. And where does that leave the rest of the basketball players? Eventually without enough to even have a game of pickup at all.

You get that right? You can at least see the connection? Over your nearly 5000 EBGs that didn’t sink into your head at least once? The grinch must have a poster of you on his wall.

Its more likely the time of day you are playing. For me in the evenings PST is when horde and alliance have some great pre-made groups going. Love pre-mades because if you are facing another one the battles and fighting are outstanding.

I also like them because if your side is only a bunch of solo and yall pull together and beat a pre-made its an even better victory, cause you know they pissed.

But remember, its prepatch the game is all sorts of unbalanced right now. Some classes are destroying everyone and others can only tickle you in a fight.

Pre-mades arent the problem right now.

if i didn’t want fair and competitive games, then i wouldn’t have spent 2 years yelling at the devs to the point of taking multiple account bans to get them to change the gear system.

what i don’t want are afk losers on my team, im out there giving 100%, they should too. if you can find a way to prevent players like than from queueing, then i won’t need to premade.

ganking was a thing, they had to change the game and remove PVP servers to fix it, don’t pretend vanilla was some PVP garden of eden.

yes

yes

if they were disc wouldnt have replaced them.

yes and after you have read all the guides you will still get killed and tbagged in PVP because reading a guide alone doesn’t make you a better player. Acherus is a great resource for theory, but theory isn’t practice.

i haven’t needed gear in months, not even my alts, my evoker was in full conquest as soon as i got to org. so your idea that im premading to stomp in order to farm honor doesn’t hold muster.

i have a set group of people i enjoy playing with, and i don’t enjoy the toxic pugs who sit afk and yell in chat about how i don’t know what i’m doing despite my thousands of wins on this map to their several dozen. i don’t even get along with everyone i premade with, the main thing you need to join SAS is you want to PVP and you play to win. there are no gear checks, no spec requirements, no comp theory, just people with a go mindset. any amalgamation of players like that will win a lot, solo or premade.

which is why i put myself between my team and glads and hunt down players riding glad mounts or have current season titles.

as far as ruining experiences, SAS expresses strength and dominance by playing the maps well, we aren’t graveyard farming for 2 hours, if you feel like you are being farmed by us, its because someone on your team keeps spinning the GY flag we are trying to cap after we pushed your team back into the spawn in order to clear the flag so we can cap it.

if you are just upset that you lost and that is what ruined your experience, then don’t queue for PVP, someone has to lose. you would feel worse if i took a dive and let you win, a fake win is no win at all.

there is nothing wrong with defending your own interests. thats kind of the point of debate. are you seriously upset because I don’t agree with you?

no they don’t.

who painted it?

Man RIP your reply notifications.

You’re not wrong - the venn diagram of “religiously premades casuals for sport” and “religiously batters down forum posters for sport” is like 90% overlapped. It’s the truth though; premades in their current condition need to go away. Maybe it’s via personal MMR vs ladder MMR, maybe it’s via a determination buff for excessive deaths, maybe it’s via a split in the ladder, but it just ruins the experience for everyone else and will immediately kill potential new players’ desire to actually stick around (which, we kinda need).

really curious which premade hurt you

What an odd comment. Random does not mean a random group composition, it means a random map.

There’s also no reason to believe that you didn’t have a premade on your side, either. Not all premades are built the same.

Most people who cry about premades just use premades as an excuse on why they lost after getting rolled. Solo queue players can be good too and can still crush you.

This is a group-based mmo. The game was literally designed to promote you joining a group to do end game activities. I hear there are solo player games out there for you?

That doesn’t make sense. RBGs require 10 people, all on at the same time and generally need a specific group composition. Having 3 healers, a tank, a rogue and 5 good solid DPS. If all these aren’t available, which is common these days because rating doesn’t mean anything at the moment, then it’s hard to fill a group.

It’s funny people think that all premades are 5+ people in comms all getting really sweaty when in reality were just in comms goofing off. Yesterday’s discord was 4 of us all arguing over the difference between crunchy and crispy

2 Likes

Yes, after 1am est alliance doesn’t lose

1 Like

hey thats when i usually go to bed, weird

Yeah but you don’t play regular bgs

that makes it even more weird

No you don’t

I wish I could find these dominating horde groups. Every game I play is an absolute stomp

Make some friends dude lol. Solo Shuffle exists for players who want to pvp alone. If you’re getting owned in there it’s a “you” problem. I’m 1800 on my enhance using a staff, you have literally 0 excuse

I cringe at the thought of playing an MMO alone

TLDR: I play with my friends so I don’t have 9 players like you on my team

EDIT:

WAIT UR A 2100 SOLO SHUFFLE DH STRUGGLING TO WIN RANDOMS BY YOURSELF LOL?

Oh that’s RICH

2 Likes

Queuing at these times demonstrates a good idea of the current population for sure.
The same teams vs the same solo queue players, usually like clockwork.
Feels like the old twink brackets where you get to know everyone due to 1-2 matches up at one time.