Faction imbalance, it's not the players job to fix it

Considering pve wise alliance already has the best racials ….

1 Like

It’s like we don’t even have a choice what faction we join. Oh my! Last I checked, I still have the free will to choose whatever faction I desire.

They could still open it up for cross faction m+ and raiding .

Make an option for it in LFG .

If you want unkillable Dwarf healers in Alliance cities healing Horde players as they murder the auctioneers, sure.

Everyone seems to think it’s racials, or better storytelling that encourages players to choose Horde. The reality is that Horde have cultivated a sub culture within the community that attracts more players. Even if you were to buff Alliance racials to an absurd advantage, you would only see a slight shift in population.

At this point it seems the only way to increase Alliance numbers is by giving them an exclusive class. But there’s no way they would ever do something like that…

1 Like

…and we can be sure that WONT make me play alliance…it’ll just make me and a long list of others unsub and QUIT.
The way to deal with this ‘problem’ is to get rid of these antiquated factions and the Hatfields/McCoys ‘war’ entirely.
Make PvP about guilds instead. That way its MY guild versus everyone elses…and we’ll have a LOT more opponents to choose from.

When we’re in group content, just let anyone of any race group up with any other race. That too gives us more people to play with.

Or destroy Horde racials, as we saw in WoD. The PvP population shifted heavily over the Alliance, but even with Horde racials in a deplorable state, the raiding population remained firmly on the Horde side.

High-end raiding has been mostly Horde since Burning Crusade. This isn’t anything new, it’s just that the Hall of Fame drew attention to it for a lot of people who don’t Mythic raid.

They should really get rid of the Hall of Fame, it just antagonizes people.

People follow FOTM. Whatever streamers / icyveins / whatever the current “authority” is saying for min/maxing, people will follow despite 99.9% of the player base having no reason to do so. If you aren’t a professional gamer competing for world first with sponsors pushing you, the 0.1% damage boost you get for using a specific race isn’t that important.

As for cross-faction - Lets just throw out all lore and the RPG element of the game. I mean… the main premise of the original story was horde vs alliance, but hey… that is no longer important. We demand World of Fortnite!

Sure…you can pick the faction that has a huge end game community, or the RP faction that struggles to even get 100 mythic raid clears in a season

But you are correct…you get to pick.

1 Like

They could still keep the cities faction only , but make it so the opposite faction players are brought to the raid leaders server as well as being able to be summoned to the m+ or raid dungeon by the opposite faction .

Another thing they would need to add is a chat translate for the groups. They are computer programmers , so I think that is something they are capable of .

So my Dwarf buddy and I are grouped, but the moment we enter Stormwind we aren’t? What if we enter an Alliance quest hub? What if an Alliance flight master shoots me as we run by?

The spaghetti-on-the-wall of rules and exceptions that this would entail would be never-ending. It’s not worth it.

Have you played Warcraft 3 and WoW since vanilla?
The story is about coming together to fight against larger threats. From Archimonde trying to burn down the world tree to Cthun trying to break out of horney jail… the story has been about the alliance and horde working together.

1 Like

The main premise in the beginning was horde vs alliance…but that was years and a 4th War ago.

Both sides literally ran out of soldiers story wise. It’s silly to insist that they are still at war when many of the faction leaders are working together to save Azeroth…yet again.

1 Like

Party leader is the wPvP faction.
Or you can only use cross faction in non-warmode.

Easy fixes.

But then again… you are a vulpera player so maybe it’s not so easy for you.

1 Like

There’s an in-between. The US & Russia haven’t been at war the last 75 years, but at very few points in that period were they ever cooperating.

The faction conflict doesn’t mean a faction war. WoW was a cold war setting in the beginning and needs to firmly go back to that.

You could still be grouped but like I said make it an option in LFG for dungeons and raids not random open world content . For that just get rid of faction tagging.

It 100% is the players job to fix it.

1 Like

So when my Dwarf friend hearths to Stormwind while we’re grouped, the guards attack him. Great! That will go over real well.

Who said anything about war mode? None of my examples involved it.

Considering how badly warmode is going and the fact that they are allowing the horde to become mercs…it’s apparent that most players are over it.

Forcing the overused theme doesn’t help anybody at this point…and trying to continuously incorporate it into the story line dilutes everything. I don’t even remember what started the 4th war at this point. It is that unimportant.

As I explained in my first post, you CANNOT do dungeons and raids together without FIRST being grouped in the open world.

That’s why merc modes exists only for random battlegrounds (queued content) but not rated battlegrounds (non-queued content).