Faction Imbalance: Isle of Conquest

Something needs to be done about the current state of Isle of Conquest. The current iteration does not work anymore with gear scaling as high as it has been.

Workshop and Docks are borderline useless since any one geared player can kill a Demolisher in 20 seconds and any one geared player can kill a Glaive in roughly 5-10. The reason that this is so important of a point is because, with the way the map is set up in IOC, alliance has a huge advantage on the approach to the Hangar flag.

This advantage stems from thr narrow bottleneck at the top of the hill on horde side that can easily be cluttered with Ring of Frost, Ring of Peace, Explosive Trap, Shining Force, etc. Even if Horde does make it through that part, there is still the fact that everyone on horde side has to be stacked uo whereas all alliance healers and ranged can be easily spread in the flat area up top of the hill.

Over the last couple weeks I have done numerous IOCs. Won every single one as alliance, lost every one as horde. It has gotten to the point that Alliance players queue for specific BGs to full up IOC and everyone Horde who queues random almost always get IOC and lose.

Thanks for your time!

5 Likes

Keep it the way it is it makes up for av

Yeah nah they should makes changes to both so its equal for both teams at the start.

Agreed. The AV discrepancy is nowhere near as bad as the IOC one though

4 Likes

Horde east gate pathway to Hangar is faster than middle yet rarely used.

Not just docks and and workshop, even the oil rigs are useless. NOTHING not a single thing matters aside from hangar. If you don’t go hangar you are a CHUMP. Imagine not going hangar in IOC? You’d have to be an idiot.

Hangar is all that matters. Nothing else does, if you are anywhere besides fighting on hangar in IOC you should be reported as afk because you being just as useless.

And if you’re horde just afk, you lose this one there is no chance of you taking hangar. You have to go through a corridor narrower than Thermopylae that just get’s blocked off full of snares, RoP and other every aoe in the game. If you’re horde you lose, you may as well quit because a 15 min wait is nothing and honestly your time is better served doing something else.

you can also go through mid if you want, though its not as fun

My god…lmao i swear alliance is oblivious and dumb sometimes…if i was there i would of had the team meet u guys there.

Honestly all the epic bg’s are bad and need to be reworked. There isn’t one epic BG that feels good. Siege gameplay is horrible. There aren’t any communication or organization tools like pings. The siege is balanced horribly . The map layouts suck, and in most maps people will ignore fighting as much as possible to just go for the quickest win.

Epics just need to be ENTIRELY redone from the ground up. But who am I kidding, blizzard doesn’t care about PvP.

1 Like

You also forgot Alliance airship guns can hit hangar flag and the side of workshop. Hordes cannot. :+1:

3 Likes

Because we need our gliders to get from hangar to mid quickly.

Horde can’t take hangar because 90% of the alliance forces go Hangar while 50% of the Horde forces go Hangar. If you buff glaives then 90% of the alliance forces will just go glaives while 50% of the Horde will go glaives. Horde spreads itself too thin on this BG and isn’t allocating people where it matters.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, everytime I advocate for going hangar on Horde side I am met with “Glaives are stronger, Hangar is the losing strat”

I got a sweet tabard from IOC :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get more comments on that tabard than anything else I’ve ever equipped over the years.

1 Like

That is one sexy tabard!

1 Like