Faction Change- WoW Token in Bags Broken

Hi there,

I bought a WoW Token last night and then realized I’d be over the transfer gold limit if I sold so I did the faction transfer first.

This morning I woke up and after setting up my new race and such tried to auction the token. It would let me put it in the Auction House UI but when I selected the create action button it did nothing. I did a test auction with another item and that was fine so seems to be the token.

I decided to buy another token to see if maybe that would “jog” my other token’s memory that it exists but when I completed my transaction I didn’t receive any WoW Token inventory message and only that same token is in my bags. On the plus side it now works for auctions I believe since it gave me the “this auction can take 2 to 12 hours” popup after selecting “create auction” (which I cancelled out of since I wanted support to be able to see I still only have one token). On the downside I am worried I may have somehow spent 40 dollars on this one WoW token.

I am not sure if the transaction actually charged me yet despite fully processing. Hopefully not, but wanted to see if this is a known error after a faction change.

Thanks!

I would absolutely wait for live chat to open and put in a ticket with them.

Callback could work too, but I think live chat would be the way to go.

1 Like

I agree, although I prefer call back. They are also open now (with a pretty short wait time). Live chat is not currently available. Here’s a handy link to get you started.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/786/ticket

1 Like

If you still had the token in your bags when you went to faction change, you should have received an error as you can’t change factions if you have an unused token in your bags as that’s one of the Limitations.

I’m wondering if you actually did use the first one and due to some UI error it might have still showed in your bags.

I’d recommend doing a Full UI Reset to rule out any UI issues first. Then double check your gold amount to be sure you hadn’t actually sold the token prior to the transfer.

4 Likes

Correct! You should not have been able to complete the Faction Change with a token, so something was definitely up!

It looks like your ticket has been answered though, and the Game Masters got you all taken care of. Due to the nature of this though, they needed to get rid of the token on your pre-Faction Change character - so you’ll see the gold from the token in the mail of your post-Faction Change character.

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the quick responses all. Really appreciate it!

I was confused as well since I was reading that you shouldn’t be able to change with a token after this issue. I did them in fairly quick succession so wondering if the system just hadn’t communicated with a table in time to prompt the faction change error.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Glad you are all resolved. Just to make sure I have a solid grasp you got your gold and still had a token you could sell right?

This way your $40 got you exactly what you paid for?

The extra token was refunded.

2 Likes

That works too. Thanks for the clarity in case this comes up again.

1 Like