Faction change/Ready for War

Did blizz change it to where ready for war also carried over when you faction changed.I remember seeing in a blue post that only 7th legion/honorbound rep would as far as progress for allied races.The only reason i ask is last night i faction changed horde to alliance just to unlock Dark Iron i already had reputation at exalted but when i finally logged in it gave me Ready for War achievement and i could right away do the quest for Dark Iron Dwarfs which i did and i have not done a single quest on alliance side since faction changing just that quest line.

I’m sorry and I know this is a old post but can you confirm this? I did the war campaign for the horde and got ready for war achievement and want to faction change to get the dark iron but I’m reading some places it doesn’t carry over? You say it did for you?

I looked into to this a bit today and I dont believe the ready for war achievement carries over. Only the rep transfers to the opposing factions equivalent version (Proudmoore -> Zandalar etc.)

The reps carry over but you’ll have to do the War Campaign on your new faction if you want the allied race. Or at least that’s how it was when I did it after unlocking Mag’har and faction changing to get DI.

Lol it’s Very confusing! Sorry to jack your post op! I’m just looking for a solid answer to this.im about to faction change my 120 I have all horde allied races unlocked but want the alliance sides allied races.op says it did for her so many say it wont.guess I’ll find out.if i di have to redo it how long would it take to get the achievement? I play for 16 hours or more a day so lol

I believe it’s what others said, the faction is what carries over but you’ll need to do the quests. On the plus side if the faction is exalted there is no “wait until you are higher reputation” and you can blaze through the quest lines.

1 Like

Well good thing I have lot of coffee and time on my hands! I’ll confirm what happens soon a I do the faction change!

1 Like

My information maybe dated as I did the whole transfer for the opposite allied race back in August of last year. Got my Dark Iron Dwarves on the 27/8 and faction changed on the 29th and upon logging in, I was automatically given the quest for Mag’har Orcs. No additional questing, I was zoned into Orgrimmar and just flew to the embassy and started the Allied race quest.

The question I have regarding this, is if I transfer my toon which is exalted over to Alliance (in order to unlock the new races), I understand I’ll have to redo all the quest chains; however, will I lose access to Mag’har/Zandalari in the process?

You believe? Can we get a confirmed answer? We need the CM’s back…

1 Like

Just out of curiosity I have a toon that did all the requirements on horde then I switched to ally do to the requirements on him. once I unlock kul tirans and I switch back can I get zandlari right away since I did all the achievement’s required or will I have to do the quests again?

Unlocking mag’har and zandalari are account wide achievements, you wont lose access to them.

1 Like

what if you finish everything(quests/reps) and faction change. which i did for one of my characters. if i faction change back to my original faction where i finished all quests do i have to start all over?

Thank you for clarifying this. I’ve been contemplating putting out the $60 to faction change long enough to unlock DI and Kul’tirans, then bounce back to Horde.

You shouldn’t need to redo any of the old quests ss everything in regards to allied races are achievements and are account wide.

no offense. but i want bornakk to answer. i completed all zuldazar quests on my horde before faction changing to alliance. i want to know if i faction change back to horde will i have to redo all my horde questing

So I did my character transfer from the horde to alliance! I was exalted with the honourbound and finished the ready for war achievement and I can confirm 100% I am not starting the dark iron dwarves storyline before I do any bit of kul tiras war campaign and the rep coverted lile they said it would why they said we would have to redo the campaign to get the allied races idk! But 100% I am doing it now thanks all!

Why would you want to come alliance? The grass isn’t greener. Stay horde with your awesome upcoming racials and zero sense Zandalari paladins. You’ll be happier.

1 Like