Faction change issues

To start i’m not 100% sure where to post this. So i’m posting it here.

I recently Faction changed, Server transferred and then Race changed AGAIN to dark Iron. Please dont get me started on the fact that I couldn’t easily just use dark iron after the fact I already had Mag’har unlocked…

But the main reason I am post here is this. Why, after spending ALL OF THAT MONEY am I now less progressed then I was before? I completed all of the horde zones to 100% completion. Now that I am alliance I need to REDO all of the story quests… Yes I get it, I didn’t actually do the quests but Come on… We are paying Blizzard money for a service that isn’t being fully thought out. I should be on Equal footing when I Faction change. This is kind of <> and I Don’t want to re-do all of the damn Zones on ALL of my characters…

Paying blizzard 30 dollars to Reset all of my story quests. Great deal.

Because that is the way it works, Acog, the way it is intended to work.

If you’d like to see our developers consider changing that, General would be the proper forum to share your thoughts, minus the masked profanity, please.

2 Likes

Sadly faction specific quest lines get reset, there is a support faq about this being the case. It’s more prominent in BfA as quest lines between factions do not have a 1 for one quest structure, and there are so few neutral quest lines. Fortunately they should have made it easier to find those quest lines after a faction transfer.

Quests and Achievements

Incomplete quests are removed from your quest log and all quest items are destroyed. You need to visit the initial quest giver to restart affected quests
Faction-specific completed quests will be lost and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters
Progress on character-specific achievements, such as for quests and PVP, will be reset
2 Likes