F Roll the Bones

Yo, where can I get those 3 buff rolls?

Speaking of which, why not have 3/4 rolls being possible. Not sure why it’s 1, 2, or 5…

Largely due to loaded dice as I recall.

I have personally been having a different issue with Roll The Bones.

I have the skill bound to a mouse button, and when I press it, maybe 1/15-1/20 times, it double rolls with a single button click. I have a WA that shows me what rolls I have active, and only when I got that I started to notice.

Normally, not a big deal as they are both sheet rolls. But once in a blue it will re-roll a Double Proc with a 1 Combo Point proc with no duration of a less stat. I don’t believe it is my mouse doing it as I have no problems with any other keybinds on alts.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Haven’t experienced that specifically, but I do find Outlaw can be pretty “clunky” to play causing issues like this.

What I nean is we’re constantly jumping between like 10% haste and 60% haste, and numerous points in between with various procs and adren rush affecting energy regen. And due to this, abilities sometimes don’t go through as you’ve hit them too early as you’ve suddenly lost a ton of haste, or you then hit them twice in a row and they go through in rapid succession. It’s kinda like the changing GCD all over again we need to spam so much during those high haste moments.

Sure it’s not something like that?

I wont deny it could be a possibility due to haste or server latency bouncing around. Maybe it only happens during Adrenaline Rush and that is why it is only 1/15 or so. Didn’t draw that conclusion and the haste makes the GCD so fast that it registers both the mouse click, and the removal of the finger from the button as a second click?

Thought to ask other rogues if they had an issue.

It shouldn’t register it as two clicks, dunno what’s going on there. Just wondering if you were clicking twice quickly, or a 2nd time because you thought it hadn’t gone off, and then it did it twice.

Try keybinding it and see if it still happens. I only have cooldowns mouse bound as i find mouse buttons slower so keep them for planned abilities.

I use 1 for Roll the bone keybind myself.

I just did a vision, and I would say about 60-65% of the time in the dungeon I was re-rolling the same exact buffs 4-6 times in a row. I just stopped rolling all together on trash and did a single roll on bosses. What is with this BS duplicate rolls?

Does anyone have a breakdown on the % damage each buff gives? Roughly?
I keep reading that it is more damage to keep re-rolling bad rolls then to DPS using said bad rolls. So I only kept Grand Melee, and Ruthless as Single rolls and any combination of double. This is really frustrating.

Reroll logic changed recently.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/gkc215NP7StEtTj4ikDyXQ

Wait, how did you do that on Raidbots? I use that place to sim but had no idea you could get RtB breakdown like that…

Can’t imagine doing less dps than not taking any talent in that row would be fun.

Yes, even bare rtb without any talent in that row is 5% dps increase over and.

There’s pretty much no reroll logic if you’re running loaded dice. Reroll logic should ideally be used for if you’re running alacrity.

This. If it really frustrates you, change to loaded dice. I recently changed, as it was simming about the same, yet gives more control. I’ll always take control. The sims also assume you can SPEND all that energy, which at times is probably being optimistic with certain buffs (hero/adren rush).

Loaded Dice is HEAVEN in comparison. You can basically guarantee 2+ buffs the majority of the time. And your windows in-between are so small that there’s no point re-rolling, as in 10 secs or so you’ll have another 2+ buffs guaranteed. The only time I re-roll is to get a slightly longer buff going, to then pandemic it during adren rush for those sweet delicious 50+ seconds with 2+ buffs.

It simply gives you more control. No more spending half a heroism getting a decent buff. Pop adren rush and guarantee the entire heroism burst is spent with 2+ buffs. And you just carry that through into another adren rush and another 2+ buffs, before the first even wears off.

Not only that, heroism, adren rush + alacrity is overkill anyway trying to dump all that energy. Requires absolutely perfect play to get close.

It’ll be hard to go back at this point. Dreading next xpac or any tuning changes where alacrity is a must-have again due to lower secondaries. Really frustrating playstyle.

Edit - typos.

Once the gods smile upon me and gives me an azerite piece with Loaded Dice I will swap, until then… my hands are tied to getting Energy 5+ times in a row.

It’s a talent choice mate, not a trait :slight_smile:.

That explains a lot. My ineptitude is showing as well…

Honestly, this is what makes me not wanna play rogue in general. I like assassination, but dislike sub and combat (I know it’s not combat anymore)
I honestly just wish they would make roll the bones a talent and would give us something else instead. I can’t play a class where I only enjoy one spec.

It’s objectively worse. I hate RtB but it’s just flat out better than S&D current.

1 Like

I see this is an old post, but the fact that an addon is basically needed for the specialization to not feel like utter doodoo is really bad design on blizzards part. With a design that bad they would have been better off just redesigning the spec mid expac regardless of 9.0 will fix it nonsense.

Should never recommend SnD as an option, simply picking this talent is roughly 10-11k DPS less than either of the other options. It’s so bad that not picking a talent in that row is more DPS than actually using Slice and Dice. :rofl:

As others have said Loaded Dice is a decent pick if you dislike the constant rerolling for a small loss in DPS vs Alacrity.

1 Like