Extended Queues Expected on Select Realms (Updated Aug 20)

i hate to say it but they need to announce that they are going to wipe everything and restart with 2 or 3 times the amount of realms they have now and redo the name saving thing

Imagine being as dumb as this person

5 Likes

Yall really couldnt tell that he is mocking the silly people that said that?

Hes clearly joking… this is literally a thread about the realms overflowing.

How can a server named Pagle be popular? My plans have failed again…

Lol this comment didn’t age well. Now Pagle is on the list with expected Extended Queues xD

1 Like

Would really like to know this as well. In real world terms, what sort of wait times are we looking at?

1 Like

Blizzard: “YOU ARE NOT PREPARE!”
Thanks, I’m sticking it out on Herod with my guild who signed up too.

1 Like

Could you bump up our name reservations to 4 or 5 so we can try to grab a main name on a new server without having to delete them immediately on the one we already have?

1 Like

Thanks for the info. It’s my perception that you folks established some baselines for how many people would be signing up to play, made assumptions about how layering would alleviate the temporary overload, and based your launch environment accordingly. It sounds as though your baselines were incorrect, which suggests the assumptions are also incorrect. It’s not launch day yet but, as one of my guildies suggested, you should consider redoing your baselines, make new assumptions about layering, start over by replacing the existing environment, have a new name reservation event, and put a cap on how many layers per server to prevent people from making toons on a realm that gets full. Mr. Brack said two years ago that you didn’t want to recreate the actual launch experience. Right now the prospects for that happening don’t look so good. Band-aids are not a solution.

The decision to open too many realms will bite them in the butt even more because we all know that once the hype dies down, or players hit max level, get bored and log off permanently, or whatever… now you’re going to have the issue of the remaining players spread out over multiple realms. then you’ll encounter the same issue that the Main Game suffered eventually, and Blizzard will be forced to merge realms and create cross realms.

So by limiting the amount of realms… While the negative is longer queue times for players, the positives far outweigh this negative, as the positives somewhat future proof the game from under population issues in the long run, also is a positive for Blizzard as they don’t have to spend or waste so many resources to add additional and maintain server blades for each realm.

I would rather have long queue times today if that means no crossrealms in the future… because if there are more servers, this is a guaranteed road to server mergers and crossrealm int he future.

2 Likes

No where for pagel people to go. Every server you have added is pvp.

1 Like

Dear Blizzard add more PVE normal servers at least 1 and our guild will move off pagle

1 Like

I’m on the Pagle PVE eastern server. Not much point jumping over to the other eastern PVE realm (Mankrik) as the population there is already at High. I think Blizzard has seriously miscalculated the demand for Classic WoW. Not everyone planning to play bothered to reserve their names I bet - so servers could end up with much higher populations than we are currently seeing.

UPDATE: Mankrik is now full as well. So it is official, there are no eastern PVE realms where there will not be extended queues. Central and Eastern players will generally choose Eastern servers when the only other choice is Pacific. Well done Blizzard!

4 Likes

Bornakk, could you please loosely define the word “severe” for Pagle? Are we looking at 15 min queues, or 1 to 2 hour queues?

2 Likes

So proud of Thalnos :’)

1 Like

Don’t worry, there won’t be any queues.

That’s partly why Blizzard saw it fit to but layer sharding into Vanilla WoW.

They can “spin up” as many shards as they need to meet the demand. There will be no queues, that’s how we were sold layering (continent sized sharding).

2 Likes

I’m not moving any more of my toons. I seen horrible horror stories to last multiple lifetimes. Come launch Blizzard will inevitably be forced to make new realms. We are only given 3 name reservations.

Plus these GMs who is creating the names … SMH

1 Like

Just pretend you were only given 1 originally. Now you have two more to play with.

2 Likes

By launch day, everybody that was flexing earlier in the thread will be sitting in 10k queues, lol.