Exploring Northrend New Release Date

I only have it on Audible rn, it seems to be unavailable in Canada right now.

Amazon says itā€™s available for me. Might be a Canada issue?

1 Like

I got mine on Saturday. Does seem to be a Canadian issue

I have investigated the Canada Amazon issue and it seems to be a confluence of events. A freight train of maple syrup stopped in the middle of the rail line so the driver guys could pick up some Timmies before the hockey game, and got ambushed by a wild pack of roving black bears. This caused everything in the country to be held up.

A very common problem in Canada.

4 Likes

One time a couple years back everyone in my city was late for work because a moose wandered on the main Highway, so this is more accurate than you would think. I believe it.

(I also lowkey think Blizzard is punishing me for giving away spoilers too early and this is personal.)

2 Likes

this book confirms that there are still active groups of the Scarlet Crusade, and the Alliance may be interested in recruiting them in the future. Anyone else pick up on that too?

I did not. My impression was that Muradin was perfectly fine with letting the Scarlets and Scourge go at each other.

except he explicitly states ā€œI hope they can be turned towards a better cause.ā€

While true, Muradin was also okay with the Scarlets keeping the Scourge occupied.

So he could easily hope the Scarlets can change for the better, while being perfectly fine with not getting involved.

1 Like

'bout time you gave me some credit. Thank you. I appreciate it.

Your welcome and now Iā€™m offering some advice.

While I understand that you are excited that someone agreed that you had a point or were right, another person could take that statement as an unnecessary call out and that could accidentally start a negative back and forth. So I just suggest trying to be a bit more careful with word choice, itā€™s something that Iā€™ve had to learn, and something I think alot of people on these forums need to learn too.

I think alot of problems arise in forum arguments, on any site, is that tone doesnā€™t convey well over text and not everyone can see when someone is making a joke, just expressing excitement, and that not everyone has the ability to stop, think, and try to see things from another persons point of view in order before just declaring that the other person was in the wrong.

So I noticed that from Maurdinā€™s PoV in this book some discrepancies. He said Jotun was not found wandering the path between Dragonblight and Crystalsong forest, he speculates that itā€™s possible that the curse was broken after Lokenā€™s death but it wasnā€™t. Paladins know it wasnā€™t because he was seen in Legion still as crazy as ever. He did manage to break the curse for a short time but he warned us to leave before the curse over took him again. Itā€™s interesting that Maurdin said he may be in Storm Peaks (because I suspect his real master is Yogg-Saron)

Itā€™s very rude to give unsolicited advce. Unsolicited advice can even communicate an air of superiority. It assumes the advice-giver knows whatā€™s right or best. You may feel like you are well intentioned but you are not coming across that way. At worst you are coming off as eliist and a know-it-all. And that can be the reason why I react the way I do. You should think about that.

All I said was thank you in a sincere tone.

I noticed that too. Thereā€™s actually a few instances of inconsistencies within the Exploring Azeroth books. Though because the books are from points of view, these inconsistencies are just seen as the character in question not knowing any better.

1 Like

thatā€™s one thing about lore that really bothers me, instead of it breaking the 4th wall and being from an objective narrartor. Lore is always given through a characters PoV, which is highly subjective. Even chronicles is written from the Titan PoV and we are learning now that they are unreliable narrators.

1 Like

Except, you didnā€™t just thank me in a sincere tone. You started off with

Which implied that I never gave you credit and then you thanked me. Now you might have thought adding the ā€œI appreciate itā€ would make it clear, but it honestly didnā€™t. For me there was a disconnect between the ā€œimplicationā€ and the ā€œthanksā€ and I was just left very confused.

In retrospect, I got caught/trapped in that disconnect, but regardless I decided that you meant well and then just thought I would be nice by offering some advice because I know not everyone would act with grace in their confusion. Not everyone can actually have a discussion, like the two of us, are having because they start insulting one other or see insults when their were none and things just devolve.

Now I am going to be honest, Iā€™ve never experienced advice from someone trying to display their superiority or the elitist know-it-all trying to throw their weight around. So I donā€™t have anything to compare it too. Regardless, I am sorry if you felt that I was talking down to you or at you, instead of to you.

Now I donā€™t want to make assumptions, and please forgive me if Iā€™m wrong, but it sounds like youā€™ve had to deal with people like that. If that is the case, than I am truly sorry that youā€™ve had to deal with those people in your life, and if Iā€™m wrong, then Iā€™m just sorry that not everyone can be kind.

Yeah that is really annoying, especially with how Blizzard hyped up the Chronicle as the Bible of Warcraft.

1 Like

There was a lot of Afrasabiā€™s own opinions thrown in there too. If you played WoLK back when it was live, Afrasabi used to use forums to mislead players by providing us with false spoilers. It was super annoying. When he made the false claim in that BFA interview that Sylvanas ā€˜planned the Wrathgateā€™ made me so mad. He defended it by saying ā€œI wrote it.ā€ he wrote Chronicles 3 and it framed as the Titans having suspicions that Sylvanas knew more than she lead on, and that caused a lot of problems in the community. Thatā€™s the problem with these writers taking liberties with subjective opinion. Sometimes the only lore that we have, is subjective, speculative, or just plain misinformation.

1 Like

To be fair with the Chronicles, even in Wrath there was in-universe speculation that Sylvanas knew more than she let on. So seeing that in there didnā€™t bother me. However what did was that interview where as you said he declared that Sylvanas ā€œplanned the Wrathgate.ā€ Mind you, I say this as someone who wasnā€™t a fan of her then or now.

I did however like that story that the Sylvanas novel established, in regards to the Wrathgate. For anyone who didnā€™t read the book, she legitimately didnā€™t know about the Wrathgate, but if it had killed Arthas, she would have considered ever life lost worth it.

It really is and it doesnā€™t help that the misinformation is sort of left hanging in-game or the books until they clarify matters in an interview. A perfect example of this is exactly when Kelā€™Thuzad joined Team Jailer.

His Torghast raid journal and the Grimoire Shadowlands book, had the speculated lore that he was secretly loyal to Zovaal since War3. And I remember the debates on the forums about it. Then at some point, they were was interview where Blizzard clarified that Sire Dentharius had recruited him after his defeat in Wrath.

1 Like

I think the inconsistencies like that force the fandom to fill in the blanks, thatā€™s where headcanon comes in. If we have pockets of no supporting lore foe years on end we have a lot of time to rationalize and answer as to why, who, where, etc. Itā€™s only natural to want to fill in the blanks especially when Blizzard wonā€™t.

I am lowkey annoyed that we still donā€™t have definitive lore on ICC, but you are right. Maurdin says it was built by Nerā€™zul after he crashed into the Frozen throne. So that at the very least establishes the old RPG books that said the spire was there before he crashed, was wrong. You are most likely right, Nerā€™zul built it with the help of the Dreadlords and the Scourge.