Explore Azeroth With Friends Using Party Sync

Got a friend back into WOW like a month ago using party sync.

We encountered a hang-up and couldn’t do the Neltharion’s Lair scenario during the Nazjatar questline together.

Everything else I could sync down to his level and replay and stay grouped. Every Vision of Nzoth scenario allowed us both in at the same time.

Great way to get friends back into the game, or play with newcomers.

When my friend hit 120 we just did dungeons and dailies and started the slow grind. He’s obviously gonna have to catch up but half the fun we have is grouping up. I guess it depends on what your expectations are.

I don’t see how it ruins the fabric of the game. At all. How is it any different from before when you could bring a friend along and roflstomp your way across the zone? That has been a thing since forever. With party sync you and your friend can get something out of t.

It’s an MMO, and if you like to play with friends this just lets more people play together. How is that a bad thing? If anything it promotes party play a bit more, which the game has been lacking in some areas for a long time.

1 Like

It’s a neat feature, though I’ve seen a lot of people use it for battlegrounds, and 120s will do substantially more damage than someone who is leveling with heirlooms when they are synced.

1 Like

I was leveling my shaman (110-120 range) with a friend, and they were in the 60s running some BC dungeons. According to their recount addon, I was averaging 5k dps while the rest of the party couldn’t even break 1k. It could use some adjustments, that’s for sure.

1 Like

The only thing that can really improve this is a way to see what quest your party members have in their quest log even when you don’t have the same quest.

Oh and also, there are still some spots where your party members phase out and you can’t see them and do that same quest together.

This couldnt be farther from the truth. As has been stated in this thread already; when you are synced, in open world, battlegrounds, dungeons or otherwise you have a stat template at 120 when you are reduced via party sync. It doesnt matter if you change your equipment you still have the same stats and those stats are so low that 75% of the time a 120 will do significantly less damage/healing than a low level in heirlooms. Please don’t say things like this if you dont know what youre talking about. Its detrimental…

Have you actually considered that you got higher dps because you know your class/rotation so much more significantly better than new players leveling in a dungeon? 0.o

Again, I will state what has already been said in this thread and is accurate; when you are scaled down from 120 via party sync you have a stat template that doesnt allow you to change stats with the equipping of new gear at all. It might be hard for you to believe as your paradigm is already set from this one experience but in all actuality the stat template when scaled down gives you far less stats than the average leveler in heirlooms.

I mean, I probably do, but to have my dps parse that much higher every single dungeon (we did a few of them) is a bit more than a coincidence, in my opinion. I won’t claim with 100% certainty that it works the way I see it though, because I could very well be wrong. I am okay with admitting that.

Ahh yes, the feature that ruined a whole bracket of battlegrounds. Great job guys! It’s been out for a long time and you still have 120’s doing double the damage of anyone else in the battleground. Just fix it, it isn’t hard. Scale down 120’s.

Then you obviously haven’t ran a battleground in the 111-119 bracket. At the end of the match look at the damage. A 120 will have 2 to 3 times more damage than the rest. Aimed shot and chaos bolts literally one shot.

Was excited at first when I heard about party sync, until I found that out. Would be nice, if they let the higher level player have the choice to scale down abilities, and levels. Thought it might be a legit way to power level friends, and guildies, since they nuked all the other ways to power level. Most of the people I know have already quested a hundred times in this game over the years, and just want to get a new character to max level faster( without having to drop $60 in a pay to play game). But yeah pretty much a useless feature unless you have a friend that has just started playing this game I guess.

And this :slight_smile:

Same here :frowning:

This idea is essentially another dungeon finder when it comes to RPG progression. Blizzard’s whole idea of ‘leveling’ now is a joke that doesn’t belong in an MMORPG (not that retail is much of an MMORPG anymore). And now people are talking about cross faction? Let’s butcher lore, story, RPG elements, community, and making friends in game, then!

It’s so weird to me that people don’t realize that what is being done here is a CORE GAME FEATURE like questing and leveling, which used to be a huge part of the “adventure” of MMORPG’s, where you would meet your in game friends and guild, and overcome challenges together, has been hijacked into being an annoying system that time gates you from max level to prompt you to throw your hands up and buy a max level…

And clearly the blindfolded masses will just eat it right out of Blizzard’s hands, rather than demanding a questing and leveling experience that fits into an MMORPG.

Easy isn’t better. Just ask Dumbledore.

Cool feature for PVE, however people are exploiting its lack of balance in Battlegrounds, especially in the 111-119 bracket. I rather not queue while this is a thing.

This is a lame feature really . Game is getting more and more like other generic game .

COol for pve, atrocious for battlegrounds. Every step forward is a complete step backwards somewhere. You guys got rid of twinking only to bring something even worst into it.

It’s like not a single number or specifier in the game matters anymore. Every character can play every role at every level! It is super fun and not generic at all.

Great idea. Love that I can use it to help my buddy go through quests at 120 that I’m phased out of for having already done.

However, it would be infinitely more useful if I could use it to play with all of my alliance friends. But… I can’t. Instead I would have to gear up an entirely different toon. So… Instead I just watch Netflix.

Hello, sorry for bumping this thread, just wanted to remind everyone that Party Sync has not worked since Shadowlands release (it only worked 8.2.5 thru 9.0 pre-patch). I think you guys nuked it because of bugs (players levelling too fast). This is a really fun feature that most of the player base didn’t have a chance to mess around with. The button to activate party sync is still featured proudly on the quest log when you’re in a group, it would be great if it worked again!

The problem in short: higher level players are not rewarded an appropriate amount of XP while party synced in a zone they would otherwise be too high level for. Specific example: Lvl 40 sync’d with lvl 10 in Elwynn Forest. Quests reward zero or virtually zero XP for the lvl 40.

2 Likes