"Exploding" isn't fun

Simply put, ‘Exploding’ Affix ISN’T FUN! Stop it.

4 Likes

starting the explosive debate a little early are we?

:dracthyr_nervous_animated:

1 Like

Another healer affix pretty much :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

not fun for who? OP’s post is confusing.

How I would change explosive:

-Bomb spawns on the tank.
-All mobs go into statis. Can’t be hurt and all buffs and debuffs on them get frozen.
-The group has to burn down the bomb.
-Damage done to the bomb will hurt all mobs in combat.
-Remaining health will hurt the party.

Or something cool like that. The bomb phase would have to be short enough to not break the flow of the dungeon. And how to time bomb spawns would have to be predictable or controlled.

5 Likes

Idk if it’s ever too early. It’s not really a fun affix.

This sounds way cooler.

2 Likes

(i was referencing was that explosions are next week, and this thread is a week early).

it’s cool tho :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Gonna have to second it. Why is it so damned difficult to click on big, swelling balls? Tabbing is frustrating too and not that reliable either.

1 Like

Honestly, I forgot how much I utterly hated this week’s combo last time around. Fortified/raging/explosive is a nightmare.

3 Likes

i don’t heal on explosive weeks because spending 50% of my gcds just frost shocking stuff is no fun

5 Likes

I also just take explosives week off.

As a healer - Every other affix makes you somehow play your class slightly differently - maybe more healing - maybe more damage but you have a plan - When to CC - when to change your gameplay uo a bit.

Explosives week you turn into a 9 year old child playing whack a mole. It’s not the same game. It’s a completely different game.

I would love to see how many other people feel similar and just take the week off.

4 Likes

i don’t flat out refuse to heal, but it’s strictly limited to helping friends out.

this week is a bit different only because of BTM.

1 Like

Nobody. It’s the worst affix imo. It’s random. You pull 10 mobs you get 2 explosives. You pull 5 mobs next you get 20. They can spawn all over the place specially on bosses like Mistcaller. You can’t kill them with aoe spells part of your normal rotation like Hand of Guldan. When 10 trillion spawn at the same time killing them with spells you must cast is not really an option and not all dps have a truckload of instant cast spells or abilities. But it’s a haler affix anyway eh! It slow you down. It’s not really that hard it’s just a ***** pain in the ***. Affix should be fun. A good designer can design something hard and also fun. Explosive is neither very hard nor fun unless the rng god deside to spawn 10 trillion out of nowhere after you pulled 2 mobs and the whole group goes WTF.

3 Likes

I understand you do not enjoy this affix, but this is not how the affix works sir.

2 Likes

I understand your sarcasm meter is broken.

Maybe it’s working as intended. :smiley:

2 Likes

If it gave you a stacking damage buff then it would be fun.

2 Likes

the attitude would def change!

wouldn’t be a healer affix anymore! :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: