Explain GDKP in detail

I mean sure maybe SoD will be vastly different than previous iterations of classic.

But to date it hasn’t been an issue.

EZ…

It sucks and should be banned.

1 Like

I think the major advantage that really applies to SOD is they guarantee some reward for completing the raid. BFD has a very large loot table. Once you only need a few items it’s pretty unmotivating to do BFD over and over and get absolutely nothing.

I do think it is different because its a fresh server and unlike other iterations the idea of getting ahead or catching up doesn’t really apply.

That’s not really true. People don’t just spend all the gold they have on an item. Gold has value and people will bid gold based on how badly they want the item, how much of an upgrade it is compared to alternatives, how rare it is, making a tradeoff to get the item cheaper in the future of the phase, etc.

So someone with more gold may choose not spend that much, especially if they don’t want to farm more gold. People vastly overestimate how many people are buying gold. I would bet most people who do gdkp don’t buy gold, but admittedly take advantage of the people who do to “farm gold” rather than other means to acquire gold.

they are illegal

Depends on the item, I suppose. Also depends on the amount of gold you’re up against. One person has 100, another has 50. If someone really wanted an item over that other person, 51 gets it. Equal bidders for an equally impressive item could easily be lucrative.

It is based on a dkp model, hence gdkp. It works out eventually because you earn gold if you don’t win the item giving your more gold to spend the next run.

It really isn’t as big of a deal as you think. People act like you can’t win gear in a gdkp unless you buy gold and that’s not even close to being true.

You’re right, it isn’t. It’s not the only argument against it, though.

My opinion on GDKP has stayed relatively the same to when I first opened the thread, and have since run my first GDKP. I could take it or leave it for the most part. I might continue to run it on my Priest for some extra money since I don’t really need anything.

Thats all raiding.

Sorry but the other systems for pugs are just as harsh on new players.

Hell atleast with gdkp you can show up in dungeon gear and some gold, good luck doing that in pug systems of the other loot settings.

Then ontop of it those other settings usually HR all the good items.

1 Like

Demonstration via your own logic, doesn’t mean factual. I’m not denying the purchase of RMT and it’s use with some people joining GDKPs. I’ve continuously stated that I don’t believe removing GDKP will NOT change how common RMT is and won’t make a scratch upon it… there is no reason to believe it and the only way to stop GDKPs is to remove trading and ML, because you aren’t stopping them without that change.