Experiences: Guradian MT scaling broken (Updated)

Cast Moonfire from bear form, 1 Moonfire will handle it but you will have to stare at the beam.

Moonfire in bear will be stronger than your caster form or Moonkin form unless proc’d. (At least it is for me)

Edit: Netherstorm easiest combo is 1 sun fire, trash, swipe, thrash, Grab orb, swipe, dead.
(Grab orb to interrupt AFTER cast finishes, or else they just cast again)

Edit:
All information/tests are from the live version.
After well over 120 attempts…

I’m casting from bear form.

Have you played the live version? That strat worked in PTR but they stealth buffed stuff before pushing it live, massively increasing enemy hp and damage output

1 Like

Agreed. No desire to do it whatsoever simply because of that. It’s horrendous.

3 Likes

If you orb, moonfire is removed from the eyes and needs to be reapplied. That’s why some eyes survive through 1 moonfire.

I’ve had moonfire fully tick down and because of unlucky damage spreads they’d survive, without touching an orb.

Also: why does touching an orb cleanse them in the first place?

killing the eyes is not as important as you may think. I regularly have multiple eyes active, I pop a Moonfire on them when I can. Or a Moonfire and a Sunfire.

Keep facing down the green line and you won’t be knocked off. Deal with them as it is convenient too, or make a @mouseover macro to help with damaging them.

Myself, I use a special macro that targets the eye, then casts the abilities I need to cast.

They need to change it back to the PTR health values, I also keep having 5k hp wipes on prot, and those are attempts with no p2 mistakes.

It’s the same kinda problem with guardian druid.

1st phase is tough and takes so long to complete, it’s almost a “Good Luck” getting to or completing phase 2.

I’ve done that and still been punted by them because ‘your to far’ or ‘the game doesn’t think your looking directly enough at it’ or two of them channel at the same time but are at 90+ degrees of separation on your facing so you can’t look at both.

1 Like

I’ve not had time to attempt the challenge yet but.

Originally progressing the fight in Legion, it felt just like that.

P1 was killing me and whether I got Variss down to 60% or 40% before wiping just seemed completely out of my c control. But with more attempts and better play I was able to make P1 more consistent and by my last few attempts was guaranteed to make it to P2 every time. P2 did have some soul crushing RNG. If an orb spawn was too far out, had an already spawned puddle grow over its spawn, or had the beams spawn in and pushed you away from the orb you were attempting to use it felt pretty awful.

After completing the challenge the first time in Legion, subsequent attempts on other tanks were all incredibly quick to progress. Clearing P1 consistently in only 1 or 2 attempts after adjusting to the different tool kits.

This is a case of, you are not doing it right.
I have never encountered a situation where I was booted while looking at the eyes. The eyes will 100% die with a single Moonfire proc’d (1 shots them) or with a double Moonfire or with a Moonfire/Sunfire combo.

Sounds like you maybe need to work out your order of priority.

1. Interrupt Drain Life
  2. Interrupt/Kill nethers
  3. DOT additional adds (eyes and infernals)
  4. DPS boss.

I do that, infact I almost always kick the Drain Life before it finishes the wind up.

However, I’ve had it start winding up, kicked it and it’s started again before skull bash is off cd.

I’ve had nether’s recast after they were interupted when they aren’t supposed too

I’ve had it spawn 2 eyes within 4 seconds

I’ve had orbs not spawn or spawn ontop of me/each other

I’ve had infernals ‘break’ and start spamming slam with a .5s cast time and doing so once ever 1 or 2 seconds.

Right now it’s tuned as ‘play 100% flawlessly and hope RNG is good’ that’s not really a good design philosophy with ‘main event’ type content when the game is already dealing with player base burnout/stagnation/hemorrhage

2 Likes

As this is a scaled Timewalking event. Original experiences with the Mage Tower I feel are invalid.

There are no legendary powers, gear sets, or anything like this. However, as stated previously,

The problem is, even with doing the mechanics properly, it is too much. I have hard attempts with near-perfect execution of the mechanics and phase 1 still took more than 5 minutes as I used ‘Heart of the Wild’ twice before phase 2.
Using interrupt macros, so drain life is a top priority and always interrupted. I know he is not getting any heals from it to prolong the phase.

Lol, tty the Disc Priest one, I think they forgot they have nerfed the hell out of Discipline damage since legion

1 Like

I can agree to the part:

You must have zero mistakes, and you must have good RNG.
Also, you best hope you don’t accidentally get knocked into an orb, or something like this. (Multiple times I have skrewed myself over because one of these spawned under me or I was knocked into one.)

Yes, but if you have to do it flawlessly and hope for good rng it’s not done right

It is funny how most of the people who say “it is not overtuned, you are just bad” haven’t even done a single challenge yet.

The only hard part is living through the annihilates in P2, you need to save some orbs from P1 to deal with them. It’s just a dps race at that point.

Yeah. Or they like to assume your skill/attempts and knowledge of the fight.

You’re the most op and easiest to play class in the game op. Go cry somewhere else.