Experience Gain Issues

I’ve leveled 2 characters to 120 in past few days, however, when attempting to level any new characters to 120, I am only getting 10% experience from quests or kills. Instead of 40k exp I’m only getting 4K. I tried two different characters on different quests an have same issue on both. Attempted to do a handful of quests to see if it was a zone issue, but didn’t resolve on new zone.

Which zone/s in specific, and on what characters at what level?

There’s a long-standing feature which is designed to “nudge” you towards appropriate content. It will kick in as soon as your level is too high for where you are. That means a character level 60 or higher in Classic content, a character level 80 or higher in Outland or Northrend, a character level 90 or higher in Cataclysm content or Pandaria, etc. Once you reach these too-high levels, all experience gains are automatically reduced by 90% to encourage you to move on.

In other words, you don’t just want to move to a new zone. You want to move to a new expansion zone.

1 Like

I was 110 doing the intro to BFA quest chain in Silithus. I did the entire intro chain at 10% exp, but then it fixed when starting zandalar quests.