Expectations for Shadowlands Launch

What about the transmog from the event?

1 Like

WIth how linear Shadowlands is, War Mode is going to be insanity that first day…

And I love it!

Let see what’s going to happen come Monday night.

1. Sever lags.
  2. Sever crashes.
  3. Unable to log in.
  4. DDoS attacks because those attackers wants to see Blizzard suffer.
  5. Blue bar boss.
  6. Sever reset.
  7. Bugs lots of it.
  8. Hotfixes.
1 Like

Mythic dungeons will stay in BfA, but the Keystone system to them will end. Same as Legion. AkA: Mythic Plus dies at the end of an expansion and moves on to the next expansion. There is no transmog in a +10 Freehold that isn’t in Mythic 0 Freehold.

3 Likes

Normal content doesn’t usually have 100 people in a 20 yard range of one mob. Once people are in different places in their progression based on their personal schedules and when they log in and out, lag won’t be as bad as it is in the event, I bet.

My expectations are a bit different. I expect my computer to break, my internet to go down, and an emergency at work that requires me to stay late.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to sink my Gnome hands in Shadowlands!

This is so true. (For ThunderBluff as well.) But, like you said, at least there’s still a way to get there.

1 Like

Blizzards back end on launch day.
https://i.imgur.com/Hceh4Iw.gif

Thanks, appreciate the info.

Sorry if this has been answered in the thread, but… does this mean the servers are not actually going down immediately prior to the launch? So, like… we could just be hanging out in the game for eight hours prior, and then the “A Chilling Summons” quest will suddenly appear at the designated time? Without having to sit through a crush of everyone trying to log in at once?

this is correct

1 Like

Yes sir! lol it will launch and dc everyone im guaranteeing
it

Far too much stress on servers

This thread should be on the top as a sticky. I can’t believe just seeing it two days later.

I expect to be at first overwhelmed by all there is to do; frustrated/annoyed by bugs, lag, and gogogo players; but ultimately excited/hopeful cuz it’s a new expansion.

2 Likes

From what everyone says about SL being on rails, that’s going to take longer than it usually does. Gonna be fun for the WPVP crowd.

That’s correct.

6 Likes

I am both excited and scared!

Scared of the starting experience with literally EVERY player being funneled into the same zone and quests. How was this a good idea? I mean every expansion since Wrath has broken up the player base at launch because they learned from BC that having everyone in the same area made for a horrible experience.

3 Likes

I expect a lot of lag , whine, cheese, exploits from the players and a lot of apologizes from Blizzard.

1 Like