Excited for the mote of fire/air drama

and the 50+ threads about how blizzard needs to increase the rate of these because people dont want to spend 100g on a mote in the first week or 2 of launch.

i mean… that’s why im getting gold now boiz.

gotta save up for that 5k engineering helm!

why not just add more layers?

jk jk

2 Likes

sell low. :innocent:

1 Like

Lol everything is expensive first week. In cata I think it was i was selling twilight jasmine for 400g a stack. That was highly overpriced at that time still. People paid it though because they wanted to max alchemy without farming.

2 Likes

There’s no chance TBC can work without layers for most populated servers.

4 Likes

That’s assuming a million players are taking 60 level characters into Outland through the portal on day 1. That won’t happen. That scenario would be a big balloon with a big scary pop. Actually awful business planning.

The reality is that Classic WoW TBC will still probably require layering for the new Draenei and Blood Elves, but, if any transfers through the portal are allowed ever, it would have to occur three to six months after Classic WoW TBC fresh start servers become established with organically leveled characters.

1 Like

Or they open free transfers off the server but they actually monitor the population in the process. I remember a time when blizzard threatened to move us themselves if enough of us didn’t move. That opened the flood gates. It was the reason my guild chose to transfer to the scryers in tbc.

That’s assuming a million players are taking 60 level characters into Outland through the portal on day 1. That won’t happen. That scenario would be a big balloon with a big scary pop. Actually awful business planning. The reality is that Classic WoW TBC will still probably require layering for the new Draenei and Blood Elves, but, if any transfers through the portal are allowed ever, it would have to occur three to six months after Classic WoW TBC fresh start servers become established with organically leveled characters.

What?

TBC will be more populated now. Layers are really the only solution and some don’t like it but it is what it is.

5 Likes

I know it will. Layers are not the only option. Blizzard can actually manage server populations. If blizzard came out right now and said mankrik is too populated so we need y’all to take this free transfer to this new server over here kthx. Some would move. If blizzard came out and said hey not enough of y’all moved. Move or we will move you with no promise your guild or friends go with you then a lot more people will make the move. This is how the scryers server came to be in tbc.

Even layers won’t save it. Places like elemental Plateau can only sustain 2 maybe 3 people farming it, max. You’d have to have a rediculous number of layers for that place to be useable.

3 Likes

Personally, they made their mega server bed… they can lie in it.

2 Likes

That’s what pvp is for.

Elemental plateau, only the faction that won the Battle for Nagrand can fight the elementals, so the only competition you have for farming is your own faction. You can’t pvp them for it.

1 Like

Saying that layering isn’t the only option and that Blizzard could just manage server populations now is like closing the door when the horse has already left the stable. There’s absolutely nothing Blizzard can do now other than layering. Furthermore, I honestly have never understood why people were so against layering; no one can ever actually name even a single negative effect, they’re just against it because they’re afraid they won’t be able to gank people on roads.

Oh didn’t know that. Can’t they also be fished?

Water can, I’m not sure about the others. I always just farmed them from mobs.

Yes they can. Blizzard can do literally what ever they want. If blizzard were to force half of mega server pops to move then no layering is required. They could also lock servers to 3-5k people online at a time. When people complain they can say take this free transfer. Blizzard can do literally what ever they want with this game and there’s nothing you or i can do except not play.

This is why I dislike TBC outside of improved skill trees and new spells. It’s incredibly tiny and they had to try and fix it by adding stuff to the Vanilla world. Given the bot situation, faction flipping and over all size… we’re in for a huge mess.

3 Likes

How do you choose who stays and who leaves? How do you avoid breaking up guilds, or even larger communities? Do you realize how much more complicated this is than just layering?

I just farm motes from all the places that aren’t the plateau. Everyone else is always fighting over the plateau.